• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you started the Christmas shopping?

Angela

Aristocracy
Years
  • Okay simple question.

Have you started the Christmas/holiday "for our non Christian members" shopping?

I for one's am early and have started buying things, but even tho I am early more people got the same idea as me so the store was crowded, with all the Christmas/holiday adds on TV I was not surprised, and then there a the Christmas/Holiday advertising papers that come with the mail everyday,

So is it like that in every country or?

I have even notice Christmas/Holiday lights "no wonder after 5 pm it's pitch black outside *depressing much*"

If you have started the shopping what did you buy, if you are sneaky and your parents bought you something and you know what it is, then what did they get you?

After all there are only 43/44 days to Christmas/Holiday.;)

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I haven't start shopping yet, but usually I start around thanksgiving (november 24th -ish) just because there are so many great sales that weekend. Unfortunately being away for college and the airlines jacking up the prices of taking multiple checked bags means i can't start shopping until i get back home, which gives me little time to shop for a lot of people.

I haven't noticed that many holiday commmercials yet, but I have a feeling there will be a large flux of them soon...

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I'm beginning to keep my ears and eyes open for deals on things I know people around me would like, but as for actual shopping, no. I don't start seriously shopping until December.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • I haven't start shopping yet, but usually I start around thanksgiving (november 24th -ish) just because there are so many great sales that weekend. Unfortunately being away for college and the airlines jacking up the prices of taking multiple checked bags means i can't start shopping until i get back home, which gives me little time to shop for a lot of people.

I haven't noticed that many holiday commmercials yet, but I have a feeling there will be a large flux of them soon...
    So that's when Thanksgiving is, I was wondering when it was lolXD

Kinda a rip off to raise the price when everybody is going home with a lot of presents and stuff. "But you got to admire there business strategy"

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    Nope. I'm saving the shopping for about 2 weeks before Christmas. I only need to buy for immediate family - 'cause I make presents for the whole family. :D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Nah, I haven't started mine and probably won't until the week before or something. XD I am keeping a text file list of potential gift ideas for my family, though, though I've been doing that since August or something, so I'm not quite sure that counts, ahaha.

I dunno if this goes better here or in OVP; I'll leave it to the mods to decide. 8/

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I haven't started yet, but I have started my list on things that I want, need, and can afford on my own. This is already turning out to be an interesting Christmas.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Nope. I'm saving the shopping for about 2 weeks before Christmas. I only need to buy for immediate family - 'cause I make presents for the whole family. :D

Really? what are you making them?

I'm beginning to keep my ears and eyes open for deals on things I know people around me would like, but as for actual shopping, no. I don't start seriously shopping until December.

So if you see a weary good deal that will expire, would you grab it?

Nah, I haven't started mine and probably won't until the week before or something. XD I am keeping a text file list of potential gift ideas for my family, though, though I've been doing that since August or something, so I'm not quite sure that counts, ahaha.

I dunno if this goes better here or in OVP; I'll leave it to the mods to decide. 8/
    It's the mind that matters;), tho keeping a list that long must mean you have some great ideas:D I'm sure your relatives will be happy with what you give them since you have been planing this for a while,, I only started in October fishing out of my 3 and 5 year old cousins "which I baby sit sometimes" what they wanted:D, it's easier to get children s to talk, they dint suspect a thing:D.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • So if you see a weary good deal that will expire, would you grab it?

Oh in a heartbeat! (I've got a multitude of hiding places for Christmas gifts) In fact I already found a great deal that I got. It's safely tucked away where the recipient can't find it.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • I have extra time to hit the mall every now and then when I finish my classes but the thing is that this year I'm in such a tight budget that I don't even know if I'll be able to do my christmas shopping. I'm not giving up though because I'm saving my paychecks just so that I could buy something for the family.

Then again, isn't christmas a time to spend it with the ones you love? I think my parents would be happy just to see me home for the holidays because I dorm at college. :-}

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • It's the mind that matters;), tho keeping a list that long must mean you have some great ideas:D I'm sure your relatives will be happy with what you give them since you have been planing this for a while,, I only started in October fishing out of my 3 and 5 year old cousins "which I baby sit sometimes" what they wanted:D, it's easier to get children s to talk, they dint suspect a thing:D.
    LOL you'd think so, but I actually don't have much on it. I don't bother keeping much of a list for my brother since he likes the same things I do so I usually just pick him up a video game we'll both enjoy (and he does the same for me XD) but... augh, my parents are terrible to shop for. My mom never gives us much of a list so we're always scrambling to find things for her at the last minute when she finally scribbles a few things down. And my dad is even worse for lists since he always just asks for socks and a music DVD, when the whole family has to buy for him lmao. It's tough; I've never really known what they want to begin with (I tend to go off past Christmas lists), so it's hard to make a list of it on my own. XD

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Topic said:
    Have you started the Christmas/holiday "for our non Christian members" shopping?
    I actually don't buy people any Christmas presents since I usually only have around ten dollars with me, so I count on my parents for me, but next year... There going to expect much more since I'm planning on skipping the family vacation for some job hunting. >_>

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
  • Ha, no.

I know what my sister wants, but it's so difficult to find! And ususally, I'm not allowed to go out alone, so I have to wait for someone who's not my sister to take me shopping. D:

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • I haven't started shopping yet. I usually get my parents and grandmother something pretty neat that I can afford and then I get my brother a Wii or DS game with a Strategy guide. The only problem is there are not many great titles coming out on Wii or DS this Christmas so that's where my difficulty lies.

Flex-Mon

The Key is in here <3...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    I started Christmas shopping I recently got a job so I could pay for holiday gifts for my family and friends. I cant wait till christmas love that holiday ^_^

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • So that's when Thanksgiving is, I was wondering when it was lolXD

Kinda a rip off to raise the price when everybody is going home with a lot of presents and stuff. "But you got to admire there business strategy"

My bad it's the 27th of November this year.

Well it's a capitalist world, and the airlines aren't doing so well financially. But i had to pay $300 when i was flying back home last year after being away at college. I need a certain amount of things to live comfortably back home (like clothes), and it's not like being at the airport i could just take those things out of my bag and leave it... airlines have lost their common courtesy. They used to be caring about people and their service, now all they see are dollar signs loaded into their sardine cans they pass off as planes.

Also, there was this rant I read last year about a commercial christmas that i kind of enjoyed. I kind of identify with it. You can find it here. Do note that it might not be PG.

Back