• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you watched....? (Anime)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Bling

Clair pretty thick, huh?
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 10, 2014
nope.

Maken-Ki?

I clearly watch it for the story line.

nope.

Maken-Ki?

I clearly watch it for the story line.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Yup. I stopped watching it midway during the season where Lan started doing Cross Fusion though.

Have you seen Baccano?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Started watching it, but I dropped it. Might pick it up again now, thanks for reminding
me :]

Here's an odd one. Devil May Cry?

Years
Nope. Not seen it in anime form.

Guys, if you use English names, please add Japanese as well as English names not always reflect the Japanese name.

I'd contend that you should add English names in if you use the Japanese name, if that's to be implemented.

I mean, you can just go to MAL and enter the English name into the search bar and it'll bring you to the series that has that English name (it's also true that you can enter the Romanized Japanese name and you'll find the series being asked about's English name). I mean, just give it a try with the series I'm asking about below:

Have you ever seen The Familiar of Zero?

Years
I started it, but my source had some quality issues and needed to find another source, so I never finished it because I never managed to find another source in the time I cared enough to search.

Have you seen Squid Girl (should be easy enough to figure out the Japanese title)?

Years
Eh. I've watched up until the 6th or 7th episode, but have stopped. Might watch the rest after school is done; it's not my must-watch for this season.

Blood Lad?

Years
Watched it. Was quite nicely animated, but also creepy...Nevertheless, a pretty good series although I was never good at piecing stuff together XD

Chrno Crusade?

Years
I've heard of it, but never seen it. Is it any good?

Considering Japanese names are more common and more known... why?

There are a lot of people who've only heard of series or anime movies by their English names. Something in particular that comes to mind is most of the Studio Ghibli films. Most people, even within the anime watching fandom, know the majority of the films by their English names rather than their Japanese names. Plus, this is a predominantly English-speaking forum, and not everyone who may want to post in this thread is as familiar with the Japanese names as you are, or as aware of means to look up the names as I am. Personally, I'd rather not see this thread require giving both names of a series, though. Just too complex for a thread meant to be for fun.

Anyway, have you ever seen Eureka 7?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've never been able to watch that, sadly. I've heard of it, though, but never thought of looking into it. Might do it someday.

Howl's Moving Castle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back