• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold SoulSilver Monotype Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    After getting my 6th badge, I traveled to Mahogany where this man talked about a man running around in a cape. I found this to be interesting so I headed north where I instead spotted a red gyarados. Can you believe my luck?! I instantly
    told my newly evolved dewgong to take me to it. I managed to capture it and once I got back to shore, the caped man introduced himself and asked for my help. I reluctantly agreed and infiltrated a team rocket hideout with him.

It took several battles to finally drive team rocket out of there and in the end we had to defeat three electrodes each. I felt bad since these are innocent pokemon but I did what I had to. Once that was done, Lance told me to pursue my dream. I then realized the 7th gym was now open and ready for me to destroy them. I entered and defeated thr trainers easily. Pryce, the gym leader, also prefers the ice type so I knew I was in for an interesting yet educational battle. I taught glaceon the tm shadow ball to compensate for it's ineffectivity against pryce's pokemon.

Dewgong nearly defeated pryce's piloswine but it managed to use mud bomb and reduce it's accuracy. Dewgong missed every surf it threw at piloswine and soon sucumbed to mud bomb after mud bomb. I knew it was all up to Glaceon so I gave it a potion and ether, and then proceeded to shadow ball my way to victory. After I won, I received a call from Elm where he mentioned that the radio tower was odd. I went to investigate and soon saw Team Rocket overtaking the city. I knew I had to act quickly so I dressed up as a member and entered the tower. Silver blew my cover however when he saw me so i was forced to battle evey rocket inside. I'm currently still in the tower trying to defeat Team Rocket once and for all, and finally reach The ice path where I can catch more of my beloved ice types!!!

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^No clue.

Quick Update:

I proceeded to defeat Team Rocket in Goldenrod, as Red had once done three years ago
    in Kanto. After this was done, I quickly went to the ice cave where I caught my two new additions, swinub and jynx. They both seem eager to be with me : )

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Sounds like a cool idea, even though it looks to be one of the types more people are currently attempting, I'd like to do bug as well:

Username: Futile314
    Type: Bug
    Version: Heart Gold
    (Just the regular challenge, not the pokéwalker)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    So far Ive been training that piloswine and jynx, so nothing new.

Clair better watch out for me!

Years
  • Just a small update since I haven't posted in a few days - been busy with college work the last few days, I haven't had time to touch HeartGold in that time... but I'm not done by a long shot and I will get back to posting my journals again, hopefully by this weekend. I want my Ampharos! XD

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I've defeated Clair and passed the elder's test. I proceeded to Elm's lab and received a master ball. They told me about some kimono girls looking for me. I'm assuming they meant those odd girls that spin around and get frozen to ice. I better go see what's up.

Once I got there, I saw Silver leave all flustered and angry. I quickly went inside and took on the kimono girl challenge, I really had no problems except for the underleveled piloswine and jynx, but seel and glaceon managed just fine. I then proceeded to bell tower where I caught Ho-oh after a grueling battle.

I am now enroute to Victory Road, championship here I come!

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    I'm just thinking ahead to when I get to goldenrod, I plan on training a scizor for its useful steel secondary type, would it be okay to trade in a metal coat? I know the rules allow trading for evolutionary purposes, but I'm not sure if you put that for situations where all you have to do is trade to evolve (like kadabra), or in order to get trading items as well.

Years
  • I have no access to the internet on this entire week. but i have been writing things down on my lapto. Now i am writing from the house ceeling ( dont ask lol )
    i will say i am training my team t take on the Elite Four!!!

Azumin

Trader/RNGer. ^-^
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Username: Azumin
    Type:Ground
    Version: SoulSilver
    Regular :D

-Beat First Gym Today :D
    -Team:
    Onix Lvl 15
    Geodude Lvl 16

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2010
    Sounds interesting, I may give it a go :D

Username: Lamborgeon
    Type: Water ( I know, yawn)
    Version: Soul Silver

regular Challenge, no pokewalker

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Username: Hydroxider
    Type: Water (my name should have been a clue :P)
    Version: Soul Silver

So far I swapped out Chikorita for a cute little Wooper, who really needs to train for Sprout Tower :/

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    bump bump ^.^

Through VM's, perfectmonster (the thread creator) has told me that I should take over so any questions, etc. can be directed towards me. I'll most likely start a new thread that I can actually edit and add people into the challenge.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • .EJ PM'd me earlier and notified me of the change in ownership. So, I'm closing this thread and allowing him to start the newer version of the HG/SS Monotype Challenge.

Good luck with the next one guys. ;)

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back