• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    What do you mean useful ingame?
    As in it will benefit you in your storyline team rather than just competitive.

actually the only time it should say faraway place or distant land (which ever one it is) is if its from Colosseum or xd gale of darkness.
    Distant Land yes, is from Colo/XD. Faraway Place is from Events or Johto -> DPPt. Which is what I already said.

SpiderJames

PSY!!!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2012
    I got the 8th badge, how do I get to Elite 4? Im in New Bark Town but Dawn or whatever wont let me surf out. I cant read Japanese and I dont recall this in the original version, what do I need to do? Am I even going the right way?

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    ok go to eruktic city, beat the kimono girls in the dance hall then go to route 41 to the whirl islands. :D you got to get lugia first, that is if your playing silver. in gold i think its hoho in tin tower or something like that. oh and talk to elm to get the masterball ;)

Years
    I have one quick q, as I don't really want to go through pages and pages of threads and the curiosity is killing me. ._.

Has Kanto been restored to R/B/Y form, or is it still like G/S/C?

Years
    owo Sorry; what I mean to say, does HGSS Kanto have the full geographical content, or is it skimped on like in GSC? For instance; is there a full Mt. Moon, a full Viridian Forest, etc.

Years
    owo Sorry; what I mean to say, does HGSS Kanto have the full geographical content, or is it skimped on like in GSC? For instance; is there a full Mt. Moon, a full Viridian Forest, etc.
    THey still skimped on the mt moon... although you can actually get a moonstone every monday... but the viridian forest is bach. and you can get a magmerizer on cinnabar island... umm, dark cave is still there >:>
    Urm, but not much else I can think of really.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    THey still skimped on the mt moon... although you can actually get a moonstone every monday... but the viridian forest is bach. and you can get a magmerizer on cinnabar island... umm, dark cave is still there >:>
    Urm, but not much else I can think of really.
    There's bigger Seaform Isle I'd add...
    Since we're able to catch Articuno (what reminds me I should catch Moltres lol xD)

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2009
    Someone please clarify this for me cause I am getting mixed answers

Is a low level phanpy located at the bottom of route 46 in pokemon heart gold (the route 46 that you can visit on your way to cherrygrove , in your new journey)

To answer this question you have to be 100% sure please answer
    God bless

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    About Moltres, got all 16 badges, but, the waterfall before meeting him, seems to strong and doesnt let me use waterfall in it, whats missing ? ty

Years
    Someone please clarify this for me cause I am getting mixed answers

Is a low level phanpy located at the bottom of route 46 in pokemon heart gold (the route 46 that you can visit on your way to cherrygrove , in your new journey)

To answer this question you have to be 100% sure please answer
    God bless
    I have encountered one there... so I'd say yes.
    You could always check Serebii.
    Actually, this link is more acurate.

About Moltres, got all 16 badges, but, the waterfall before meeting him, seems to strong and doesnt let me use waterfall in it, whats missing ? ty
    I've never come across that... Have you beaten Red? (you are on Mt Silver, right?)

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    How do I get the Viridian Gym to open up? I have 7 Kanto Badges and I even caught Ho-Oh, but the gym's still closed.

Years
    Dragons Den: Check
    Open Space in Party: Check
    Answered 1,1,3,1,2: Check
    8th Badge: Check
    Extremespeed Dratini: NO F*CKING CHECK, SERIOUSLY THIS IS PISSING ME OFF. SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW TO GET THE DRATINI FROM THE OLD BASTARD.

EDIT: Kone, did you go see Blue at the old Cinnibar Island? Talk to him there, and he will return to the gym.

Last edited:
    Years
    How do I get the Viridian Gym to open up? I have 7 Kanto Badges and I even caught Ho-Oh, but the gym's still closed.
    you have to go to cinnabar and talk to green standing next to the pkmn center and he will go back to his gym.
    Dragons Den: Check
    Open Space in Party: Check
    Answered 1,1,3,1,2: Check
    8th Badge: Check
    Extremespeed Dratini: NO F*CKING CHECK, SERIOUSLY THIS IS PISSING ME OFF. SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW TO GET THE DRATINI FROM THE OLD BASTARD.
    Uhh try going back out and talking to clair... also try healing at the pkmn center... urm... i dunno XD

Years
    you have to go to cinnabar and talk to green standing next to the pkmn center and he will go back to his gym.

Uhh try going back out and talking to clair... also try healing at the pkmn center... urm... i dunno XD

Clair doesn't say anything, neither does the old geezer after talking to her. The most aggravating part is, I didn't even get a Dratini with normal moves, I got nothing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2009

um i checked it but they dont have it on tthere site but if you say so ill take your word thanks

um i checked it but they dont have it on there

but ill take ur word thnks

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I had the same problem. It was only fixed once I talked to Clair who by that stage had gone back inside her gym, and got her to give me the TM she gives out - before that, I couldn't get any Dratini at all... then again, I hadn't tried to go for it straight away (got it after talking to Elm, but I doubt that's necessary). So see if you got any TM from Clair yet or not (maybe go out and in of Blackthorn first?).

And you have to talk to Green to get him to go and reopen the 8th Kanto gym - and it'll only work after beating the other 7 first.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back