• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Wasn't Waterfall around in Gen2?...

Anyways, I didn't mean replace. I meant the Gen2 ones like whirlpool will make a comeback as HMs.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Maybe instead of Whirlpool, Dive will become an HM.
    It'd make more sense to DIVE to Lugia (creature of the deep), than to cross a whirlpool.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Maybe instead of Whirlpool, Dive will become an HM.
    It'd make more sense to DIVE to Lugia (creature of the deep), than to cross a whirlpool.

Indeed it would, but in my opinion both of those HMs are useless after a certain point. I'd love for both to be TMs that can be bought at the Mart.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I'd rather hope they're TMs with the out-of-battle ability, like Flash, but who knows. If they do make Whirlpool or Dive the HM for Lugia or what have you, I'll gladly use my Mantine. <3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Dive would be wonderful to have again...but what would it be used for in the game?

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    So these games are confirmed to come out, eh? Finally!!!

Though Kanto and Johto aren't really water-based regions like Hoenn is, I'd sure like to dive underwater again.

Dive is one of my favorite parts of the RSE series. It's so cool to be able to go underwater! It's definitely true that Hoenn has a LOT more water-based locations than Johto and Kanto do...

Dive would be wonderful to have again...but what would it be used for in the game?

I think if anything, to get to the whirl islands... Though now that I think of it, wouldn't you need to re-name them the dive islands? LOL Maybe to get to Cianwood city...

I'd rather hope they're TMs with the out-of-battle ability, like Flash, but who knows. If they do make Whirlpool or Dive the HM for Lugia or what have you, I'll gladly use my Mantine. <3

All I know is that when Victory Road requires flash, it's so annoying to have an HM slave or a Pokemon with flash on your team... TMs are so much easier (provided you have the cash) but that's what the amulet coin is for! I hate the move whirlpool in battle, so I hope they make it a TM or at LEAST do what they did with rock smash (upping the power a bit).

Indeed it would, but in my opinion both of those HMs are useless after a certain point. I'd love for both to be TMs that can be bought at the Mart.

At a regular Pokemart? Or only the Dept. stores? If you're not limited to Goldenrod and Celadon, that would be cool... but it would kinda be odd to see TMs listed on the list of items you can buy along with potions, pokeballs, and full heals. LOL

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Having Dive back would be cool. I had thought they would have added it in DPPt before, but maybe it might be used again HeartGold and SoulSilver instead of Whirlpool. xD

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
    I am really wondering how they are going to incorporate one of my favourite features from G/S, the room decorating. I remember it was only able to be done through the infrared port the Gameboy Colour had. My friend and I would use our two Gameboys and trade with each other to try to get all the decorations, and then switch out versions so we could get 2 pieces each a day. I really hope they keep this feature somehow, maybe making it able to be done with a friend over wifi or wireless. Did anyone else like this feature? I liked being able to decorate my room better than secret base or underground bases really.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Speaking of bases and all, I wonder if they'll add that into HH and SS, it might be pretty cool. Going underground and digging things up again would be nice to do.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    The room better be bigger too.
    It shouldn't be a problem with that whole Inside bigger than Outside paradox.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    You could only display two Pokédolls, I was mad. I sorta hope they keep that feature, just enchance it. ( As in add different Pokédolls & Posters.)

Shirona

[span="font-size: 18px; font-family: Abril Fatface
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2019
    Screw decorating, what about Mystery Gift itself?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    too lazy to search :D

any release date for America yet?
    Projected date would be Spring 2010, is what I heard. Could be, and might be, wrong.

All this talk about the decorating of the rooms reminded me of how I enjoyed that in Silver. I hope that it will make a return and use the Mystery Gift ability to get new items.

Perhaps Diving might become an important move to explore the Whirl Islands better, along with Whirlpool and Waterfall.

Back