• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    No release dats have been fully confirmed as yet, but it is said to release in Japan in Fall of 2009 [/this year].

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It depends, because it may follow the recent pattern we've had, Fall for Japan, Early Spring for the North America, and then about Mid May for the UK, and then the other countries around that time too.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    It depends, because it may follow the recent pattern we've had, Fall for Japan, Early Spring for the North America, and then about Mid May for the UK, and then the other countries around that time too.

It's most likely they'll follow the pattern as well.

When you complete the Elite Four, maybe they'll add a side quest to go to the Kanto region. Maybe something where a pokemon will get lost and you find it once you hit, the Kanto region.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Well they could always recycle some of the amity park overworlds for following pokemon too i guess, Some pokemon following would be strange,

I would love to see a magikarp flopping hopelessy following me actually xDD;;

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well they could always recycle some of the amity park overworlds for following pokemon too i guess

I wouldn't be too surprised to see this happen either. Except they seemed to have done a little upgrade to the OW starter sprites from what I've seen because they look a bit better to me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I still think Cyndaquil as gained too much weight. x3 I really want more information about this "following" (your starter following you.), but that won't come for another 1-2 months at least.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    On the 14th of June is when people expect more CoroCoro released scans, so we'll see what they give out then. Though, Cyndaquil has gained only a pinch of weight, but its sprite is still cute.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    On the whole following thing, I assume that if it's not just select 'cute' or 'popular' pokemon like in Amity Square (which is bollocks, by the way) they'll limit it to pokemon that can walk on land (although a Magikarp flopping about behind you would be hilarious) and non-legendaries. Having an intimidating Feraligatr behind you is one thing, but GOD?

"Hey, you look weak, even if you are being followed by the creator of all pokemon! Let's battle!"
    "...I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. Arceus, kill him."
    "FOOLISH HUMAN! I DO NOT TAKE COMMANDS FROM A PUNY LITTLE--SHOOP DA WOOP"

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ Laughing out loud at the post above. I totally agree with that, keep it at land based Pokémon for the most, and non-legendaries too. Also, if they've got to be moving like how it showed Totodile, then keep it at a minimum, or else it'll get a bit annoying sometimes.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well, we'll see if the animations they have for the Pokemon now end up being the final product or not. Chances are they could always change it.

And as mentioned before - having all of the Pokemon follow you would be weird, although at times amusing. Wailord... Magikarp...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Amusing, yet strange and weird. Though, yeah a lot of things we see now still have a possibility of change before these games hit the shelves in Japan. The game hasn't been finalized as a completed project and from now until Fall a lot of minor tweaks and changes can be done.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    As for the "Pokémon Following You" thing, here are some pokémon I'd love to see but would probably never happen:

1) Wailord
    2) A swarm of Bidoof
    3) DARKRAI >D

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well it's hard to call which Pokémon will be allowed to follow us. They didn't exactly reveal to much information on that point of the game and I wouldn't expect much to hear about it until later on this year, as more than likely more pictures will show the main character in different places with their starter over other Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Amusing, yet strange and weird. Though, yeah a lot of things we see now still have a possibility of change before these games hit the shelves in Japan. The game hasn't been finalized as a completed project and from now until Fall a lot of minor tweaks and changes can be done.
    I agree, many things were dropped out or change, just like in DP...
    For example:
    HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation
    Prototype Jubilife City(Credit to Bubapedia)

There are also some unused sprites. etc...

So I speculate that there are quite few things that will not make it to the final games...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Seeing as the rival is back in again standing in the same position as he was in GSC (yay), I'd like to see more on him (especially given the dialogue from someone in FR/LG about a red-haired kid being Giovanni's son - it is speculated that Silver is that kid). More story and all - he was one of my favourite parts of the game, and made for a more interesting rival than others, like the 3rd gen's May/Brendan.

IMO he is the best rival. And I think that Silver being Giovanni's son (or successor... I just inspired myself) Could add a lot more dimension to the plot. In all honesty, there... really wasn't one in the oldies. It was just badge-gathering; TR was just an inconvenience, not really needed at all.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I have a feeling that only the starters are going to get to follow you, though it'd be nice to see some others being able to follow - but that's wishful thinking...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I have a feeling that only the starters are going to get to follow you, though it'd be nice to see some others being able to follow - but that's wishful thinking...

It's a possibility but then again there was that Pichu that followed you in one of the Coro Coro scans. I guess we are going to have to see more photos of the pokemon following you and if we see some more pokemon eother than the starter following you, then it might be possible for other pokemon to follow you as well.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    well for all we know

only johto pokemon can follow...or they've already made EVERY sprite for following

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they limit it only to Johto Pokémon, then that wouldn't be so overwhelming for me, I'd prefer they do it to other Gen Pokémon too.

Back