• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    thats too long to wait :(

if it takes that long to wait, i pray to god it wont be disappointing

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    I'd like to see Dive, WhirlPool, and Flash all as TMs.
    I hope Mom will save up cash again.

I'd also like to see the Whirl Islands have some kind of quest or actual event than just finding Lugia. A whole location (on the World Map too!) just for finding a Legend? A little overdone...

Kanto must come back (I like having 16 badges... ;;)

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
    Mom Bank FTW!!!

Actually, I like the idea of Flash and Dive, and maybe Whirpool, as TMs. It would have to make them accesible either early in-game, or at the Goldenrod store, to prevent "oops I can't get it anymore", in particular for whirpool.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    with enough luck, theyyll include ALL TAH REGIONS!!!!

if they do, it would be better to have each pokemon stay in its original region, to make things less confusing

(ie, Pidgey only in Kanto, Hoothoot only in Johto, taillow only in Hoenn, etc)

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    thats too long to wait :(

if it takes that long to wait, i pray to god it wont be disappointing

Anything that involves Johto already won, son.

I hope Dive and Whirlpool return. They were my favorite moves!
    I loved dive music, too. Whirlpool is just cool.. They just need a
    power boost. Hey, they took off the good accuracy from Hypnosis
    from the transition of Diamond/Pearl to Platiinum, so why not
    add some power to whirlpool and Dive to make it a better move?

The moves I hope DON'T return:
    - Flash
    - Rock Climb (unless boosted accuracy)
    - CUT! GRrrRRrrRRRR

Also, the "projected date" isn't set. It might even come out in November or December
    if NoA works quick enough... If HG/SS Sell wonderfully in Japan, the internateional release dates should be reflected, as they'll jump at the opportunity to make money.

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    - Flash
    - CUT! GRrrRRrrRRRR

I would definitely have to agree. Flash was always useless, even more so after they changed it from an HM to a TM. Rock climb was always annoying though cut isn't too bad. Rock smash was always an annoying one to me too. Either have rock smash or strength, both just seem redundant.

Be nice if they just went with strength OR rock smash, cut, surf, waterfall and fly. That's all we need.

Years

if they do, it would be better to have each pokemon stay in its original region, to make things less confusing

That would take up WAY too much data, for them to include four regions. Plus, if we were wanting to be technical, that'd be six, maybe more (Counting the regions from the Ranger games). Plus, the Sevii Islands...

Yeah, I'm 110% positive that we're only going to be seeing Johto, Kanto, and possibly the Sevii Islands.

Also, is anyone else feeling the same way as me? Now that the remakes have been announced, they don't seem as special anymore. :c

EDIT: Another reason as to why I'm positive that we'll only be seeing those areas is because if they include the other regions, then there won't be much reason for people to buy D/P/P and possible R/S/E remakes in the future, will there?

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Anything that involves Johto already won, son.

I hope Dive and Whirlpool return. They were my favorite moves!
    I loved dive music, too. Whirlpool is just cool.. They just need a
    power boost. Hey, they took off the good accuracy from Hypnosis
    from the transition of Diamond/Pearl to Platiinum, so why not
    add some power to whirlpool and Dive to make it a better move?

- Flash
    - CUT! GRrrRRrrRRRR

Also, the "projected date" isn't set. It might even come out in November or December
    if NoA works quick enough... If HG/SS Sell wonderfully in Japan, the internateional release dates should be reflected, as they'll jump at the opportunity to make money.

You can't take out Cut, it's like the staple of HMs, and it's a huge thing in Azalea town.
    "The farfetch'd that CUTs trees!"

bobandbill

one more time
    Years

I wouldn't go about expecting that luck to come off then - multi-region games are not something that will happen. Normally I'd say why, but there's this post here:
    That would take up WAY too much data, for them to include four regions. Plus, if we were wanting to be technical, that'd be six, maybe more (Counting the regions from the Ranger games). Plus, the Sevii Islands...

Yeah, I'm 110% positive that we're only going to be seeing Johto, Kanto, and possibly the Sevii Islands.

Also, is anyone else feeling the same way as me? Now that the remakes have been announced, they don't seem as special anymore. :c

EDIT: Another reason as to why I'm positive that we'll only be seeing those areas is because if they include the other regions, then there won't be much reason for people to buy D/P/P and possible R/S/E remakes in the future, will there?
    Kinda somes it up. Adding more regions will only net them a few more sales - but this would probably hurt any future games they may want to make right into next gen with Hoenn, remake or not-remake. Even if Nintendo/Game Freak don't beleive they will make an RSE remake or another game with Hoenn, they wouldn't go about doing such a thing.

But I don't feel that the remakes/originals have diminished in 'specialness' for me, personally... I'm pretty much excited, and still value GSC pretty highly. Even if the remake ends up better than it, methinks they'll still be special to me. But that's me. =)

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Well, I'm wondering if they'll include the Orange Islands. This in itself would be special, they haven't used them in any other game to date, and it was a large part of the story line. More badges to collect and brand new places to explore seems pretty exciting to me.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    This is my guess...
    D/P
    Japan: September 28th, 2006
    America: April 22nd, 2007

Platinum
    Japan: September 13th, 2008
    America: March 22nd, 2009

HG/SS
    Japan: 20th September, 2009
    America: February 21st, 2010

As you can see, the US release date from D/P to Platinum was a month less.
    So Maybe HGSS will be released in (America) February.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    To add to my previous post, I think the inclusion of the Orange Islands would be a perfect place to house legends. The Dogs could be split up on seperate Islands for instance.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well, I'm wondering if they'll include the Orange Islands. This in itself would be special, they haven't used them in any other game to date, and it was a large part of the story line. More badges to collect and brand new places to explore seems pretty exciting to me.
    Orange Island were an Anime Exclusive garbage fest cause they had nothing to put inbetween the regions. So yeah no orange island.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I don't see a reason why not. The Sevii Islands weren't in the anime iirc (which is very shoddy, considering I barely watched it...).
    No they weren't but they were an excellent addition to the games.(yes I went there. come. at. me.) If not the Sevii Island are fine enough and seeing as this is a followup to FR/LG they should be in and changed for the 3 Year gap. And anime=/=games especially when it has to do with something that failed so hard.(yes i hate not only Hoenn as a region but the orange islands. *shot*)

Chaos Feraligatr

Darkness Bringer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    I just hope the battle tower offers every level from 10-100 like it did in crystal version instead of 50 and 100.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Orange Islands only ever appeared in the anime, and were used as a bridge in-between the Kanto and Johto series - they have had nothing to do with the games, and hence are quite unlikely to be in this game, given this is a remake made by Game Freak of GSC (Johto and Kanto alone were in the original GSC), and Game Freak isn't about to go use a bunch of islands created in the anime about 10 years ago just like that. They for instance would be more likely to use Sevii Islands - another set of islands they made themselves. But stuff from the anime has not being involved in the games since Yellow, and that was done to ride the success of the anime back then. Curiously though they hadn't used the Orange Islands though in addition to the few elements that did such as starting with a Pikachu... -_-

Basically, anime =/= games - there are MANY places which have appeared in the anime which have not been in the games, so it's a usual thing to happen. Orange Islands is a large place anime-only due to, as mentioned before, being used as a 'filler' place for the anime to use until Johto happened in the games and the anime could then use that to promote itself, after it had run its course of Kanto. Don't expect the Orange Islands to be in - I'll confidently say that it won't.
    To add to my previous post, I think the inclusion of the Orange Islands would be a perfect place to house legends. The Dogs could be split up on seperate Islands for instance.
    Don't quite follow... that would then involve change the whole business about the Johto beasts being found in the Burnt Tower in Johto and so forth. Why would they suddenly be on the orange Islands instead? That's changing something canonically established in GS AND C, and I doubt they're just about to go and do that. =/

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years

Ugh...why can't people get it through their heads that the Orange islands were MAJOR FILLER EPISODES!? They WEREN'T MEANT to be from the games in the first place! The cartoon has less influence on the games aside from Yellow and Double Battles. The storyline of the cartoon DOES NOT AFFECT the game's storyline in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM!

Back