• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

The Red Chain

Remove Farfetch'd? As said above, that is not likely.
    We do need HM Cut after all.

But who knows, they may throw in a clever way to obtain Cut instead..
    For the sake of nostalgia it's more likely they will keep Farfetch'd however.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I would prefer to keep it, like said by others, that little side plot with Farfetch's added a little humor and fun to the game along with so much more.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Adding the Farfetch'd again would be more like a remake, and I wouldn't mind having it again. They could possibly leave it that way to obtain cut, but who knows. We'll have to wait and get some more news about it.

Years
    I don't see why they would remove the Farfetch'd. We haven't seen any evidence to indicate that it's been taken out, so until we do I'm just going to assume that they're gonna keep the basic plot points like the Farfetch'd the same.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Same here, I mean in FRLG they did not take out the little quest that were from the originals, so I strongly doubt they'll remove it.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I strongly agree. I also think they're going to keep the Sudowoodo that is blocking the way to Goldenrod City too. I actually would mind if they didn't have the Sudowoodo there, because it was pretty much funny to me the way it wiggled.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Oh, I would be so upset to see the Sudowoodo gone. That should never be removed, it is one of those things that just need to stay. Plus, it was the only way to catch it back then, so maybe it might be the same now.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well I didn't really know it was the only way to catch it, so maybe most likely Sudowoodo will still be there. I couldn't imagine any other pokemon replacing it either.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Nothing on the US release date as yet, but some speculate that it could be around February or March maybe.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well on one of the Coro Coro scans an image that was translated in english said Autumn 2009. I don't know if that is official or not, but it could be true.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I strongly agree. I also think they're going to keep the Sudowoodo that is blocking the way to Goldenrod City too. I actually would mind if they didn't have the Sudowoodo there, because it was pretty much funny to me the way it wiggled.

...?

We've been given no indication about Sudowoodo not keeping his original post. I see no reason to think the tree monster would be removed from his old duties.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Ha Ha, yes his old duties of blocking the road, and the old lady giving us the water can...

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Oh, I would be so upset to see the Sudowoodo gone. That should never be removed, it is one of those things that just need to stay. Plus, it was the only way to catch it back then, so maybe it might be the same now.
    They're not going to take out the wiggly tree that squirms and dances when you water it!

Otherwise, what are they going to have to block the road to prevent you from getting to Ecruteak so early.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    They're not going to take out the wiggly tree that squirms and dances when you water it!

Otherwise, what are they going to have to block the road to prevent you from getting to Ecruteak so early.

Exactly what I was thinking. I mean they couldn't just put Torterra there because that is a Sinnoh pokemon although it is like a tree.

Sudowoodo seems to be the only tree pokemon that could be able to block the way to Goldenrod City.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They couldn't put Torterra to block the way for two reasons, actually three. It's a Sinnoh Pokémon, It just won't feel right it being there, plus it'll like the water unlike Sudowoodo, lol.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I want Sudowoodo there too.

And if they make a third game, I predict it will be MindCrystal. That would be just epic.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Mind Crystal sounds like some kind of techno/metal band.

Either that or some kind of magical gem in some RPG game.
    *shrug*

I don't think they'll redo Crystal though.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    They could put Snorlax there! :o

They could but the only thing wrong with Snorlax is that it probably wouldn't get annoyed by water. Also it would be kind of awkward to water a Snorlax.

Back