• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    i think rock climb should be used in this game

it is to be aquired in kanto region and helps you gain access to many hidden areas on routes that contain D/P pokemon
    BIIDOOF!! :P

Anyone wonders that where they'll put the White Stone...?
    And if they are really gonna put it there...
    Does that mean we're gonna have another Shaymin?
    Hopefully the Cinabar Island, Safari Zone, Pewter Museum
    Mt. Moon, Rock Tunnel(etc...) is more better this time...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they put in the white stone, I'm not sure exactly where it might be placed, but I'm sure it won't open up another Shaymin event. As for the news on Pichu, the only question I'm wondering is...Does DPPt have the right codes to have the Notch Eared Pichu?

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    If they put in the white stone, I'm not sure exactly where it might be placed, but I'm sure it won't open up another Shaymin event. As for the news on Pichu, the only question I'm wondering is...Does DPPt have the right codes to have the Notch Eared Pichu?

i don't think the NEP will be obtainable but will only be part of the event. as for what the event is, well the pichu event is taking place in front of the ilex forest shrine which suggests it might have something to do with celebi. of course the notched eared pikachu has a hand in defeating arceus in the next movie which may also suggest that it could be an event for the azure flute. these are just some possibilities however i doubt it will have anything to do with arceus although it does make sence

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Right now, it is really unsure of what the whole event will be about, but I think just maybe the Notch Eared Pichu might be available as it was said the Shiny Pichu will lead you to it in Ilex Forest. It was also seen in previous pictures. [Serebii gives a clear image of it].

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    Right now, it is really unsure of what the whole event will be about, but I think just maybe the Notch Eared Pichu might be available as it was said the Shiny Pichu will lead you to it in Ilex Forest. It was also seen in previous pictures. [Serebii gives a clear image of it].

i know that but i don't think the NEP will be obtainable as that might make the game uncompatible with DPPT

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    You have a point on that one, it really is unknown at this point if even DPPt may have some kind of coding in the game to acknowledge the special Pichu.

Though, it wouldn't surprise me if they did something to not allow the trading of the Notch Eared Pichu over to DPPt. Like how in the old GS and RBY games where the Johto Pokémon could not be traded over to RBY.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    i suppose so... lol doesnt really matter though because we could be way off what is actually going to be involved. i cant wait to get more info on it from that pokemon sunday show.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    You are oh so right, but then again we are just speculating about what could be in the GSDS games coming this fall. Though, I have to admit to get a Pichu with a Notch Ear would be really cool. [lol]

The Red Chain

Actually, I think your character leads the Shiny Pichu instead of the other way around.
    They haven't shown the starters following you in their evolved forms.. so I wonder if they will still follow you or not..
    What do you guys think?

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Actually, I think your character leads the Shiny Pichu instead of the other way around.
    They haven't shown the starters following you in their evolved forms.. so I wonder if they will still follow you or not..
    What do you guys think?
    I hope they do, imagine a Feraligator or a Maginuim following you that would be sweet.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Sorry, lol it is true the Pokémon really cannot lead the trainer in the game, it would be funny to see though.

Anyway, I only hope they allow the starter's evolution to follow you, but not every single Pokémon, ot it would be kind of weird in some ways.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I always thought Kanto should have it's own Elite Four, not the two put together it just felt weird that way. At least to me it did.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I always thought Kanto should have it's own Elite Four, not the two put together it just felt weird that way. At least to me it did.

I always thought so too, but maybe this time the game creators will amp up the battling field with higher leveled Elite Pokémon and when it comes time for a rematch the Elite's party will be changed up a little like how it was done in FRLG.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I always thought so too, but maybe this time the game creators will amp up the battling field with higher leveled Elite Pokémon and when it comes time for a rematch the Elite's party will be changed up a little like how it was done in FRLG.

Hopefully. They'll probably just do amp(ed?) up levels instead of an entirely different Elite Four. I would love to battle Bruno, and Lorali (SP, defiantly), but changing the levels would be cool too.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Seeing as they are trying to make the game more to the more modern like DPPt are, I wouldn't be surprised the Elites have high leveled Pokémon. Though, I don't think they would change who the Elites are from the original

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Seeing as they are trying to make the game more to the more modern like DPPt are, I wouldn't be surprised the Elits have high leveled Pokémon. Though, I don't think they would change who the Elites are from the original

I doubt that they would change the Elites either, but the level thing is also fine. I mean at least it'll be more challenging with higher-level Elites then them staying the same level as before.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    A challenge is exactly what I am hoping for with this DS remakes of Gold and Silver, and if they can bring that, then I'll be really content, because that alone is a big change from the older versions.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    A challenge is exactly what I am hoping for with this DS remakes of Gold and Silver, and if they can bring that, then I'll be really content, because that alone is a big change from the older versions.

Yes, because in the original you could beat that game with a level 60 Typhlosion basically. They really need the challenging part added in, otherwise it'll be too easy.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well, seeing as what they are doing, I can pretty reassure you there will be a lot of things that are new, and perhaps, just maybe, higher levels could be one of them.

Back