• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
Years
  • Multiply battles would be great,especially if you could rebattle people you fought on WiFi . I never really made any use of the trainer's hall,But to have something similar to the battle ground In Plat would be nice.Cal was great for leveling up though so i hope he stays XD

yeah, they srsly need to make it easier to level up hahaha

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Merged thread speculating on the Trainer House in GSC and whether it'd be back in HG/SS and if so what function/s would it serve with the speculation thread.

(And keep posts on topic please - no need to discuss religion or how many grammatical mistakes somebody made in their posts...) =/

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • If the Trainer Hall is brought back in Kanto, then I think that would be a good idea. Not to mention, having Cal back would be a big bonus for those who need the training. He would gain your Pokémon quite a few experience points with his Starter Pokémon. However, if the difficulty level of the game is raised to actually have comparison with Platinum, then I would only hope for him to grow stronger as well. Although, back then we didn't have the best moves like we had today, so it is a given that he will have a better move pool for his team when confronting us in battle. Though, seeing as he has the starters, I wouldn't mind each of them knowing the elemental Hyper Beam moves [Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon].

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2009
    Has it been confirmed that you'll be able to get both ho-oh and lugia on both versions but at different levels like in the originals?

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I'd prefer Ho-Oh meaning I'd choose HeartGold probably but Lugia's pretty cool too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I'm thinking if there's gonna be a Pal Park in HG/SS...
    But considering the DSi, it'll most likely no Pal Park at all...

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Yeah, I doubt there'll be a Pal Park. Stupid DSi. But maybe in return we'll get more Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon in the Safari Zone or another new area or something.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2019
    I think the new idea is you'll be able to catch all pokemon between Platnium, HeartGold and SoulSilver. Someone explained it awhile back, don't remember who though. Anyway they're trying to not be dependant on the GBA games anymore and because of DSi, I doubt there will be Pal Park.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I think the new idea is you'll be able to catch all pokemon between Platnium, HeartGold and SoulSilver. Someone explained it awhile back, don't remember who though. Anyway they're trying to not be dependant on the GBA games anymore and because of DSi, I doubt there will be Pal Park.

Many have speculated on this idea. However, the idea of filling the PokéDex with all 493 Pokémon just with Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, and the new remakes all depends on which Hoenn Pokémon [besides the legendaries and what is not held within the Sinnoh games] will be found alone in HeartGold and SoulSilver. Though, with the conclusion of the DSi having no GBA slots, and games becoming more independent from it, then we can say it is safe to assume that with all the fourth generation games we may be able to complete the PokéDex, without the help of the GBA games. Though, I'm not going to put my word on it as yet, but I do think it possible.

As for the thought on PalPark, it is said to be possible with some of the new areas. For me though, I don't think it may happen in my opinion. Again, this is mainly because of the DSi having no GBA slot and because of how dependent the recent games are becoming off of them. I do keep it as a possibility, but they can replace that idea with something else that will be more of a benefit to the games and to keep it at most current. Plus, if swarms and the PokéRadar come back, this can make it all the easier to obtain the rest of the Pokémon without the need of migration.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    If the Pal Park idea is false, then how do you think they will incorporate hoenn pokemon? They would seem so out of place in... johto of all places.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2019
    A particular source of mine, who has been correct thus far has said that HG/SS will have Sevii avilable again. This could be wrong but might possibly explain how they plan to incorporate Hoenn Pokemon or perhaps that new area west of Johto could house hoenn pokemon.. Regardless I strongly believe a wide range of Hoenn pokemon will be avilable in the game without the use of pokeradar and swarms.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • A particular source of mine, who has been correct thus far has said that HG/SS will have Sevii avilable again. This could be wrong but might possibly explain how they plan to incorporate Hoenn Pokemon or perhaps that new area west of Johto could house hoenn pokemon.. Regardless I strongly believe a wide range of Hoenn pokemon will be avilable in the game without the use of pokeradar and swarms.
    Any chance for more info on this mysterious source or what they got 'right' so far? Generally one should only really take anything confirmed by places such as Coro Coro magazine or serebii.net, and so forth... =/

Sevii islands are possible, but there's nothing suggesting they will be in as of yet. Also it appears a National dex may be implemented again, meaning if Hoenn Pokemon are in it'll be after the Elite Four at least (which is how the Hoenn legends work in HG/SS...)

I wouldn't discount them leaving out some Pokemon still and putting them into another game, say a Wii RPG. Not likely, but certainly also possible, so I'm not sure we'll see every other missing Pokemon as well.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Basically everything is available in DPPt with the exception of a few legends and starters, so there isn't really a need to include a LOT of Hoenn Pokemon. I think it'll be more like FrLg that they had areas later that included a select few later-gen Pokemon, plus new evolutions, plus "imports" from other games. And if they did include some Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon, the Safari Zone (if it's put back) is the perfect place to put them since that's seen to be more "exotic" Pokemon anyway. A way that they could implement the Safari Zone and still keep it true to the GSC story would be to have it closed when the player first reaches Fuschia City, and then allow some sort of new side-quest after the main Kanto quest (Sevii Islands anyone?) and the Warden comes back after that. But that's only if they choose to put the Safari Zone in.. which they might not.

Does anyone think they'll give you an opportunity to get either a Hoenn or Kanto starter sometime in the game? Those are some of the few Pokemon that aren't available in any of the 4th gen games as of right now. If they do, I hope it's not like Emerald that you have to finish the whole regional dex and then you only get to pick one ;x

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Yeah, I doubt there'll be a Pal Park. Stupid DSi. But maybe in return we'll get more Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon in the Safari Zone or another new area or something.
    Stupid DSi xD
    You're right. But actually I was thinking that we'll have no "bonus" then...
    Like the ones that if the GBA game pak in slot 2, there are some "exotic Pokemon" will appear in DPP, right?
    Sevii islands are possible, but there's nothing suggesting they will be in as of yet. Also it appears a National dex may be implemented again, meaning if Hoenn Pokemon are in it'll be after the Elite Four at least (which is how the Hoenn legends work in HG/SS...)
    We have Johto, Kanto and Sevii Isle in HG/SS, wow we have 3 regions!! [=
    Kyogre can be capture in HG/SS right?
    I'm wondering if we're gonna have Dive as HM again, considering that Marine Cave in Emerald's location is in the ocean...

I'm also thinking of if there's gonna be some special DSi, maybe a Golden one and a Silver one, with Ho-Oh and Lugia print on the DS.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Stupid DSi xD
    You're right. But actually I was thinking that we'll have no "bonus" then...
    Like the ones that if the GBA game pak in slot 2, there are some "exotic Pokemon" will appear in DPP, right?

I doubt about the exotic pokemon, as I think that is why they are creating HG and SS, to make people who have a DSi but no DS get the pokemon they cannot get on DP, due to the GBA games. Makes sense, as they are using remakes to reintroduce the old pokemon into the new when the old and new can't connect (such as Red and Blue with Ruby and Sapphire, so they created Firered for that).

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I dunno if this has been discussed before, but can someone take a look at this??
    That thing, what is that?? A new HMthing maybe, a ledge... Post your ideas...
    Again, if this has been already discussed, then tell me, and I'm sorry.
    The pic's in attachment, since I can't get Insert Img. to work.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I dunno if this has been discussed before, but can someone take a look at this??
    Just a blocking thing nothing important. What is important is that it seems side enterances are in...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • We have Johto, Kanto and Sevii Isle in HG/SS, wow we have 3 regions!! [=
    Kyogre can be capture in HG/SS right?
    I'm wondering if we're gonna have Dive as HM again, considering that Marine Cave in Emerald's location is in the ocean...

I'm also thinking of if there's gonna be some special DSi, maybe a Golden one and a Silver one, with Ho-Oh and Lugia print on the DS.

Well, the Sevii Islands aren't confirmed, actually neither is Kanto. However, for Kanto we have sightings of Route 22, so it leads us to think that Kanto will more than likely be back. However, Kygore is found in HeartGold, while Groudon is located in SoulSilver. when both are traded into one game, you can access Rayquaza for yourself. Now, going back to Kanto and the Sevii Islands, it doesn't bother me if it will return or not, but if it does, then I expect some major changes being done to it.

As for HM Dive, I wouldn't say it'll be brought back as an HM or else that will kind of mess up connection with DPPt, seeing as it is a TM there. Though, I'm sure, just like dig, we might be able to use it if this is the case. Whichever, a nice feature will be brought back because traveling underwater was quite original and new in RSE.

I dunno if this has been discussed before, but can someone take a look at this??

To me, the small area you pin pointed looks much like a ditch. It may just be where an item may be held for us to obtain or it could be blocking the way to the next building. Whichever, I'm sure when the game is released we will obtain new information on this area.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • I have a question. Can the Pikachu-colored Pichu be obtained from anywhere outside of Japan? If not, that's a whole in-game event in HG/SS that the rest of the world cannot obtain.

Back