• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
  • I think HG/SS will be the last main Pokemon games for DS...
    That's why they make all(or most) legendaries can be catchable...

Eusine, he was an exclusive character from Crystal.
    I think it's not bad to speculate that the Extreme Speed Dratini will come back... =P

Hm, I think I've heard about an Extreemspeed Dratini aviable in Dragon's Den in Crystal... But I'm not sure, as it was a LONG time since I played Crystal... I hardly even remember Eusine... Now when these GS remakes seems to be more and more like Crystal, I'd better play it again... And this just makes the Not-havin'-Krys-as-Main-Character thingy more weird...
    But what a Game this is gonna be!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I see now that every town's slogan will be shown in a way.

1. New Bark- The Town Where the Winds of a New Beginning Blow
    We can see it in the wind lines overhead.
    2. Cherrygrove- The City of Cute, Fragrant Flowers
    Flowers and all
    3. Goldenrod- The Festive City of Opulent Charm
    Goldenrod is damn opulent in this game.
    4. Ecruteak- A Historical City Where the Past Meets the Present
    You can see that somewhat with all the youngsters in the town and how the streets look new but the houses old
    5. Cianwood- A Port Surrounded by Rough Seas!
    Obvious slogan is obvious
    6. Mahogany- Welcome to the home of the Ninja!
    Towers as we know.

Only towns left are azalea blackthorn and olivine. Those will be represented by:
    1.Slowpoke
    2. The mountains around it
    3. The boat travelling to Kanto. the slogan is the port closest to foreign lands meaning its a travel port.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Hm, I think I've heard about an Extreemspeed Dratini aviable in Dragon's Den in Crystal... But I'm not sure, as it was a LONG time since I played Crystal... I hardly even remember Eusine... Now when these GS remakes seems to be more and more like Crystal, I'd better play it again... And this just makes the Not-havin'-Krys-as-Main-Character thingy more weird...
    But what a Game this is gonna be!
    People claimed that the female protagonist is not Kris,
    but to me she's just a redesigned one...
    And even if she's a new one,
    I don't think it will affect the story(or at least not much).

Hopefully the Gym Leaders will also have new outfit,
    similar to FR/LG...

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Yea. I hope they get more background, like they did in FRLG. Like, meet Volkner's dad and the story of how the E4 changed durin' the three years (Lance Champ, Koga in, Lorilei out, Will in, Agatha out, Karen in) and so on... And how Blue became leader, the eruption of the Cinnabar Volcano, I dunno where to start... You get my point.

Years
  • Yeah, the gym leaders need new outfits.

Especially Whitney, seeing as how Mira and Maylene both wear the same color palette as her and have the same hair color.

I wonder if Jasmine will get a new outfit or if they'll make a design on her dress. Will it look the same as the DPPl sprite of her? I really hope they make these Gym Leaders animated like in Platinum.

Years
  • Red/Green

i think that if you pick the girl as your character than instead of red at mt sliver you get to battle leaf and the same for gold and red :)

Years
  • I want to battle Red not Leaf. I think we should have a choice. I don't want to start as the girl and then find out at the end that I'm not battling Red that instead I'm battling Leaf. I'll be all WTH where's my Red?! (Leaf is the name a hippie gives to their child while smelling incense.) They should give us a choice of who to battle. Maybe we can battle both but on different days of the week. So no matter what gender we are, we'll get to battle both. Leaf on Mondays, Red on Tuesdays, etc. That will make everyone happy and not upset that they have to sacrifice a battle they can't have just because of their gender.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I doubt they'll do that idea. Red will most likely be the only person you battle at Mt.Silver. In crystal they didn't change Red, why would they now?

Years
  • Yes, but in those days, a female character didn't exist in Red blue or yellow. With FrLg, people are thinking of the possibility of Leaf being in this game as well. (For the kids who knew nothing about RB or Y, they'll go by FrLg and wonder why Leaf is not in this game.) I honestly don't care as long as I battle Red. I could care less about Leaf.

<<Haruki Adachi>>

Oh how heroes have fallen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    @.@I was speculating Green(Male) and Red double battle
    If any of you know that Red was from PokeSpecial Manga
    not Red and Leaf(Whoever she is)

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Yes, but in those days, a female character didn't exist in Red blue or yellow. With FrLg, people are thinking of the possibility of Leaf being in this game as well. (For the kids who knew nothing about RB or Y, they'll go by FrLg and wonder why Leaf is not in this game.) I honestly don't care as long as I battle Red. I could care less about Leaf.

What does that have to do with Leaf? My point is in the Crystal, since their was a female character, they still battled Red. I'm confused as why people would even speculate that Leaf would be in the game, but that's speculation. (Oh, I gotcha.) I could care less about Leaf too.

<<Haruki Adachi>>

Oh how heroes have fallen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    but it would still be a cool battle with red and green..but then I remember Green is the 8th Gym Leader in Kanto

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
  • Seeing as Kris is not in but Eusine is, maybe you will fight Kris.
    Just kidding. But I never got very far in Crystal, and I don't mind who I fight, since I never fought Red anyway.

(Wouldn't it be funny if I was right about Kris?):laugh:

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Instead of Blue (or green or whatever), Agatha should be in the command of the Viridian Gym, just because you know, the background story thing.

Back