• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    I just want to see the FR/LG/R/B/Y etc 1st Gen pokemon back on a new game :(
    Its been years since i played FR, and i loved it. Im 26 now, so dont watch pokemon anymore :P I hate the new Pokemon in Platinum, as i barely know any of them. I honestly cant wait till a remake of Red/Blue. That will make me a happy man. All i want is my Charmander as my starter and im away!
    Any rumours on this??? Can you get the original 1 gen pokemon in This new HeartGold?

Thanks for answering my questions or giving me some rumours in advance guys :)

Alex

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2010
    Its been years since i played FR, and i loved it. Im 26 now, so dont watch pokemon anymore :P I hate the new Pokemon in Platinum, as i barely know any of them. I honestly cant wait till a remake of Red/Blue. That will make me a happy man. All i want is my Charmander as my starter and im away!
    Any rumours on this??? Can you get the original 1 gen pokemon in This new HeartGold?

Alex

Yes, all pokemon are in it, that means 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th gen pokemon. :)

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016

Alex
    You'll get the same Pokemons from GS, plus some extras of course.
    As much as I know, those games are mainly made to replace the GBA slot (Pal Park/insertion) for DSi users, so I believe there's a LOW CHANCE we might get 1st gen starters and/or 3rd gen starters at some point in the game.
    Again, if you have a regular DS you might just migrate a Charizard, make a baby of it, restart another game, trade the Charmander into it once it's possible in-game and you're good to go. Same goes for HGSS if Pal Park will be in them (or if you'll trade a Charmander from someone else).

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    I really hope a FR/LG replacement is on the cards soon :) That would make me a happy bunny :) Thats the games i started on as a kid, and im really annoyed by the DSi not being able to play the old games :( lol. I actually just ordered a DS from amazon JUST so i can trade 1st gen pokemon into my platinum lol. £100 just so i can have all my favourite pokemon back lol.
    I'm praying that a FR/LG is the next remake... it would make sense if they are doing the Gold/ Silver replacement now.
    I wonder how long it will take for that to come out? Ages yet i reckon :(
    Alex

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    IMO, the oughta overhaul the whole leveling setup to be closer to Platinum. It was too low and messed up in the originals. About the 3rd/4th leader, the wild pokemon and normal trainers were level twenty. Leader 5 (or whatever Jasmine was) had a lvl. 35 Steelix. The wild's levels didn't change at all until about Pryce's area, gym battle 7. and he and all his subordinates had level 30-35-40 pokemon. And the weakest e4 ever. =/ Yeah, it's time to call a mulligan on that one.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Well they will be in it, but i doubt they would play any more than a role than the leader of their respected towns.

Years
    For Heartgold and Soulsilver I would like to see Kanto with a lot more effort put into it. I was really dissapointed with Kanto in the original Gold and Silver. Trees were rocks, viridian forest was flattened and dead, cinnabar was a giant rock, safari zone was gone, almost no more trainers and everything was oversimplified. They cutted so many corners that they have given themselves a chance to be redeemed. I think it should be equal to Johto or VERY close to it.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    For Heartgold and Soulsilver I would like to see Kanto with a lot more effort put into it. I was really dissapointed with Kanto in the original Gold and Silver. Trees were rocks, viridian forest was flattened and dead, cinnabar was a giant rock, safari zone was gone, almost no more trainers and everything was oversimplified. They cutted so many corners that they have given themselves a chance to be redeemed. I think it should be equal to Johto or VERY close to it.

Well, seeing as how this was still on the original Game Boy, I think its okay that it was that underdeveloped. The fact that it was included to the extent it was is still mind-blowing.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    This basically comes under Speculation... *merges*

Likely though, the two gym leaders should return, really... it is a remake of GSC, after all, and I don't see them being replaced either.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    as to the statement that they should be redeemed, think about what they did with what they had. They cut so many corners because they were working with a buggy engine that was slightly modified from RB(G)Y and with a smaller cart than we have now. I think they deserve some shoulder-patting. But the one thing I wish for the most is for the gym leaders to be upped in level, mostly Morty and all the others afterward. I trained my pokemon to level 30 for Morty and I haven't trained since and I'm going to the underground lair of TR. So yeah, this shows that they really need to be improved. Including the levels of TR. And the Red Gyarados. It was underleveled compared to my team. XD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    i wonder if you can get the fourth gen and 3rd gen pokemon without trading in this game? im gonna pick chikorita because it evolves into meganium and meganium is beast!!!!

The third generation may be found available in the wild at certain locations of Johto and Kanto because RSE are from the past generation of games. However, as for the fourth, I see no need in placing any of them within the game because then it would give DPPt no use for gamers to have. Also, to add, it has been said that the Pal Park is to be making an appearance in the game, so this will mean that you will have the ability to migrate from your FRLG and RSE games as well.

as to the statement that they should be redeemed, think about what they did with what they had. They cut so many corners because they were working with a buggy engine that was slightly modified from RB(G)Y and with a smaller cart than we have now. I think they deserve some shoulder-patting. But the one thing I wish for the most is for the gym leaders to be upped in level, mostly Morty and all the others afterward. I trained my pokemon to level 30 for Morty and I haven't trained since and I'm going to the underground lair of TR. So yeah, this shows that they really need to be improved. Including the levels of TR. And the Red Gyarados. It was underleveled compared to my team. XD

Levels were always a problem [being too underleveled] in the original Gold and Silver games compared to the previous and afterward generations. It would be a nice addition to up the challenge of the game, especially with so many new revamps to the gyms and locations. This I wouldn't mind as it wouldn't alter the game in any way except for extra training if needed. Although, I can assure you that from a previous trailer and scan, the Red Gyarados is still going to be found at level 30 like before.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    ok i was just woundering did nintendo officaly name the new girl soul?

Back