• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Still SR'ing for a shiny starter on my new HeartGold. I've been SR'ing since SATURDAY!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I got my game today. ^^ I wanted Totodile but I was thinking of giving mine Dragon Dnace, so I bred one in Platinum. (Jolly nature, too. 8D) I chose Chikorita, since I never used one and I wanted a good grass type Pokémon. ( Camara was a female by the way. 8D But her horrible nature is a problem....Hasty)

Anyways, there wasn't anything interesting in the beginning, so imma just post my fight against Falkner which was pretty easy IMO.

VS

I'm only using Mareep until I get a Magnemite and Gastly is just...there.

It was Pidgey vs. Camara at first. I used Poison Powder which I think missed and got a tackle. Camara still got a lot of health, so I used Poison Powder again and did it, then I got another tackle. I used tackle this time which made the Pidgey got to Red, but he critted and got me to low yellow. >___> I used Synthesis and another Synthesis after the Pidgey tackled me and fainted thanks to poison.

My health is pretty good now, so I was prepared for Pidgeotto. He used gust which made Camara still in green. (near to yellow though) I managed to set up Poison Powder. He gusted me again and I tackled. I switched over to Gastly to try using spite on him, but a single gust took my Gastly to red. I didn't bother to switch so I just let him to faint my Gastly, so I can get a free switch. Switched to Mareep and a single thundershock knocked the Pidgeotto down.

It was a pretty easy fight IMO. =/

I'm now in the Union cave with my level 15 Camara, level 13 Mareep and level 13 DD Totodile. (I'll nickname him later, cause I forgot to when I bred him. >_>)

Last edited:

Mark9

Toto Trainer
    Years
  • What a day for my little team. I'm so glad I've stuck with the team I chose right from the beginning as I've been pleasently surprised how well it's worked. I currently have a Feraligatr, Noctowl, Growlithe, Ampharos, Weepinbell and a Furret. Furret has been the biggest surprise of the group as I don't normally bother with a solely normal type and I originally intended Furret to be my Hm 'mon. However it has more then held it's own in some intense battles particularly against some of the Elite Four.

So I started the day by getting the team up to level 40 to take on the 6th, 7th and 8th gym leaders. Steel and Ice were no problems and Feraligatrs Ice Fang made quick work of the Dragon gym. Caught Ho-oh after 5-6 ultra balls and then made my way over to the Elite Four. Got through it.. pretty easily. Surprisingly the psychic member gave me more trouble then the rest put together. I am now resting with my team on the S.S Anne on our way to Kanto. First task is to evolve Weepinbell and Growlithe.

Night!

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • HOLY ####!!!

I WON!! I WON!!

*Does dance*

It was easy to do the Elite 4 for the most part except with Karen and Lance. My team was as follows:

Lvl 40 Totodile (I like how cute he looks so I haven't evolved him! Ice fang helped a good bit)

Lvl 42 Ampharos (One of the go-to-guys of this team. Signal Beam and Thunder were the best)

Lvl 40 Growlithe (Haven't found a Fire Stone. Rock Smash, and Flamethrower helped bunches)

Lvl 41 Scyther (Crazy fast and strong, practically a Ninja, this Pokemon helped with the faster ones)

Lvl 40 Togetic (I've kept Extrasensory since the beggining, and this was my main with Bruno)

Lvl 39 Steelix (I taught him a few Dragon Type moves, which REALLY helped)

YAY! I enjoyed playing the game and can't wait for Kanto!

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    HA! I managed to find mewtwo in cerulean cave, AND catch it! Man that cave got more complex!
    I even recorded how to get to mewtwo, AND me catching it, in my youtube channel.

Years
  • Totally owned the Elite 4 for the first time. Current Team:
    Level 50 Typhlosion
    @Choice Specs
    Flamethrower
    Blast Burn
    Headbutt
    Swift

Level 47 Ampharos
    @Quick Claw
    Discharge
    Thunder Wave
    Headbutt
    Signal Beam

Level 49 Gyarados
    @Muscle Band
    Earthquake
    Dragon Dance
    Ice Fang
    Waterfall

Level 46 Lugia
    @None
    Extrasensory
    Rain Dance
    Hydro Pump
    Aeroblast

Elite 4 Summary

Will:
    Ampharos and Discharge for Xatu and Slowbrow. Typhlosion and Flamethrower for Jynx and Exeggutor.

Koga:
    Typhlosion and Flamethrower for Ariados, Forretress and Venomoth. Gyarados and Earthquake for Muk. Ampharos and Discharge for Crobat.

Bruno:
    Lugia and Aeroblast for Hitmontop, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan and Machamp. Gyarados and Waterfall for Onix.

Karen:
    Typhlosion and Blast Burn for Umbreon and Gengar. Ampharos and Discharge for Murkrow. Gyarados and Waterfall for Houndoom. Lugia and Aeroblast for Vileplume.

Lance:
    Ampharos and Discharge for Gyarados and Aerodactyl. Gyarados and Ice Fang/Waterfall for the Dragonite/Charizard.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Last time, on Pokemon......

OchoGL (Me) went through the chilling ice cavern (Or whatever it's called.) and got to Blackthorn. I actually have always enjoyed those sliding ice puzzles for some reason. They seem too easy now though. :(

Then I decided to teach my Ursaring avalanche. It was probably a waste in the long run, but I'm going to play through this game again at some point, so I'll get another TM. It definitely helped against Clair, and the people in the cave behind the gym. I'm sure it will help against Lance too.

After that I went to Ecruteak to face the Kimono girls, and surprisingly I didn't have too much trouble. I did have to revive a pokemon once though.

Now I am at whirlpool islands, which is proving to be a pain since none of my pokemon know flash, and I didn't want to waste a slot for the pokemon that does.

Bart Crab

Time and some freedom...
    Years
  • well, the start of mine journey was VERY BORING. I named my rival ??? (lol) and spend an hour training to lv10, then sent another somewhat 30mins training my mareep to lv10.
    so boring at the start...

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • So I decided to go and restart HG because I went through it too quickly. ;-; 76 caught and already beat the E4...not my normal style.

Therefore, I'm restarting. I'll use the same team as before though~ So right now I'm resetting for Kureno, and I don't care how long it takes, I demand a male Totodile with a Rash nature and the characteristic "A little quick-tempered."

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    SS:Fought the rival yesterday since it was Monday,Dragonite and Toxicroak got up to Lvl 60 and Meganuim Lvl 56

HG:Finally got the Fire Stone and Evolved Growlithe.All of my pokemon is Lvl 40 exept for Arcanine who Im currently grinding

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Ever since my last post I've...

Defeated Falkner.
    Defeated Bugsy thanks to some training.
    Defeated Whitney thanks to 2 X attacks, 1 X speed, and training.
    Arrived at Ecruteak.
    Cured the sick Miltank.

I'm currently training for Morty and my rival.

Current team
    Croconaw lv.24
    Furret lv.19
    Noctowl lv.20
    Ekans lv.20
    Flaafy lv.19
    Drowzee lv.19

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
  • Grinding my team at the Elite Four so I can take on Blue Boy. Badges: 15

Typhlosion LV. 50
    Flamthrower, Lava Plume, Cut, Focus Blast

Crobat LV. 36
    Fly, Sludge Bomb, Confuse Ray, Dark Pulse

Ampharos LV. 49
    Discharge, Signal Beam, Focus Blast, Flash

Poliwrath LV. 45
    Hypnosis, Body Slam, Focus Punch, Surf

Dragonair LV. 53
    Extremespeed, Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance, Aqua Tail

Mamoswine LV. 45
    Ice Shard, Endure, Earthquake, AncientPower

Years
  • In SoulSilver:

I went into Ilex Forest and got Headbutt from the guy. I finally caught an Exeggcute in Violet City. I'll see what other Pokemon I can catch !

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I'm about to battle Whitney and I've got all 3 of my pokes to level 20. Bayleef, Geodude, and Poliwag. Hopefully it's enough, lol.

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
  • today flaafy evolved into ampharos and i've been training all my pokes ready for my next gym battle

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Well, I finnaly decided to take on the e4 last night, With 50hours clocked, and over 120 pokemon caught, I only used two pokemon the entire e4, My Alakazam and Scizor, They just swamped the entire e4 and Lance.

My Alakazam started at lvl 48, and scizor at 45, Alakazam ended at lvl 52, and Scizor at 48.

The Fact that I had Strong Steel,Bug,Psychic and Electric moves means I destroyed the entire e4 lol.
    1shot pretty much every pokemon except Houndoom, (was the hardest pokemon in the e4)
    My Alakazam 1shot all of Lance's pokemon. Got Championship.
    Woke up at home, went to olivine, got National Poke, Restored Power, Visited all the towns I could, And played around.
    Now that I got national poke my Pokedex is 160 caught.

I went to the the trainer house, and found out that any pokewalker you hooked up too has there exact trainer in there, Ended up fighting a team of lvl 50 legendaries, And some other teams.
    Went to the Battle frontier, because I've never been there, had alot of fun. Tried all the courses out, beat all the ones except tower, I ended up dying at the 9th battle.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Defeated falkner last night, um saved the slowpokes and now i'm about to challenge bugsy
    with flaaffy and my quilava ^_^

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • Still training for Red, currently losing the double battle against Clair and Lance, it looks that way anyway as my rival has no pokemon left and i'm down to 2, i'm going to alter the ds clock to get the rest of the gym leaders numbers

Feraligatr Lv59
    Houndoom Lv57
    Magnezone Lv59
    Mamoswine Lv58
    Gengar Lv57
    Lugia Lv58

Edit: I might actually have a chance at winning, I managed to knock out Lance's level 75 Dragonite, all that's left now is Clair's Level 60 Dragonite, the stupid pokemon keeps trying to use Protect (and failing), i'm taking that opportunity to revive as many pokemon as I can before it knocks out my Magnezone, i'll be switching to Mamoswine as soon as it does faint then i'll knock out Dragonite with Ice Beam

Update: I just defeated Clair and Lance, Clair's Dragonite wasted enough turns using protect for me to use Revives and Hyper potions on all of my team apart from Magnezone, Magnezone also lasted about 2 turns after that when Dragonite was using Thunder, when Magnezone fainted I switched to Mamoswine and OHKO'D it with Ice beam, Mamoswine also grew a level

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Decided on dropping Nidorina from my team. She is weak compared to Growlithe, Croconaw and Pidgeotto.

Still saving for a Dratini, currently have 1,240 coins.

Don't know what Pokemon will fill the fifth and sixth slot D:

Back