• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hearthstone [Rise of Shadows + Year of the Dragon!]

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Been browsing through all of them, and oh my

"Archbishop Benedictus - Battlecry: Shuffle a copy of your opponent's deck into your deck." oml that's intense haha. Could be particularly powerful late-game with certain control decks.

The cards here are certainly interesting, and a lot of them may not be great on their own, but they provide a lot of synergy with older cards. Combining Treachery with Bomb Squad? A nice way to deal some quick damage to your opponent.

Frost Lich Jaina really excites me tbh. It could combo well with Elemental Mage decks, though the one drawback is that the Hero cards are late-game plays, and a lot of the Mage's elementals will probably have been burned through by that point, but her hero power makes up for that a bit.

Also funny to play the Hero cards if you're using alternate heroes. Like the Paladin hero we'll be able to earn for free with the adventure mode (neat), considering you could go from Tyrande to a corrupted Anduin

Also, the new hero power for Uther of the Ebon Blade . . . holy shit. And if you combine it with cards that let you use your hero power more than once a turn? wtf

Valeera's new hero power is interesting as it's the only passive one. It could set up nice combos, especially with The Caverns Below.

Shit I'm excited, but since I still haven't drawn a single quest card, I'll probably have the same luck and never get a single Hero card. At least we are guaranteed to get one from the adventure lol.

Years
I am SO loving control warlock with the Warlock Death Knight card. It's so much fun, and I really think Warlock as a whole benefits from these new cards. Defile is an amazing removal, Despicable Dreadlord is a great anti-aggro card, Drain Soul is a good removal, especially with spellbuffs. I really like how Warlock has decent healing power now, they really needed it. Now if only they keep pushing Warlock in this direction instead of focusing on the terrible discard mechanic.

Also if anybody wants to play just hmu on discord, I've had nobody to play with for a while now ;__;

Years
The Lich King fights can be SO INCREDIBLY INFURIATING AAA

I only have 3 classes left before I unlock Arthas, and every single time I have lethal by turn 6 he CONSISTENTLY uses Blizzard and ruins my board, along with any chance I had.
I've completely ignored my quests for the past few days because I've been focusing solely on beating the Lich King. >:(

Nakuzami

Years
tfw you lose before you even get a chance to take a turn. I hate the current tavern brawl lmao

And the Lich King is

awful.

I've still only beaten him with my Druid. He always manages to counter me with something when it looks like I'm finally about to kill him with another class. Even Priest, who legit doesn't even have a handicap unlike all the other classes.

And this is with me consistently skipping his Frostmourne phase entirely by playing Doomsayer on turn six (which, when playing Paladin, also clears his turn seven minions if you failed to kill them before the Frostmourne phase)

'tis tragic

Nakuzami

Years
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston..._and_interactive_way_to_win_this_weeks_brawl/

I won my first brawl game in almost this exact same way. Druid buffing a stonetusk boar is a great method for this brawl lol

The one I was referring to was the same thing, but much simpler.

It was a Paladin with a Stonetusk Boar. Dinosize + Blessing of Kings + Blessed Champion

he also had used a spell to do two damage to be but ider what it was

I find Paladin to be the strongest class for this brawl. Especially when I added in my Violet Illusionist

I tried the same thing with the Mage (esp. since Violet Illusionist + Antonidas = instant win), but I lacked sufficient drawing power (on top of not drawing a single one of my cards that actually had drawing power, each time I tried, of course)

edit: SERIOUSLY

Finally have all the Lich King's shit taken out, I've countered p much everything he's done, I have a clear, much-more-than-fatal shot to his health

then he goes and plays these shits in one turn

Spoiler:

with his hero power set to deal eight damage to me next turn (luckily I had power word: glory on my arcane giant w/taunt, so I could survive that)

so I do survive it with all of my minions alive and all of his dead, but guess what his next card is??

Spoiler: that's right!
zsSkMq8.png

IT'S A FUCKING BLIZZARD

I

had

him

but he always has the exact cards to get around it.

seriously can't stand this piece of shit lmao

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Mage ordered me to post here, but since I literally haven't done anything hearthstone related since KFT came out except for like 5 arena runs, I'm just going to drop my battle tag here: zeffy#1212

The Lich King and Snowflipper Penguin are my favourite cards from the expansion, though!

Nakuzami

Years
oh gosh they're turning Innervate into a Coin. And Murloc Warleader will no longer buff the health of other murlocs.

And their reasoning? "Too many Basic and Classic cards played in individual decks means less fun when new expansions are released."

You know what's also not fun? Being handicapped when new expansions come out against players who can purchase every new card almost instantly and having to wait to gain enough gold to purchase some packs as F2P players, while also having the Basic and Classic cards we can typically rely on nerfed. Lmao.

I also just hate the Hall of Fame in general, especially since Wild cards can only be crafted, so if you didn't have cards like Ragnaros and Sylvanas, you're forced to craft them if you want to use them, and now they're only viable in Wild anyways. It would be nice if you could still purchase wild packs, but it's another cash grab since it forces players to pay more if they want enough to craft older cards.

They're also planning to move Ice Block to Hall of Fame at the start of the next Hearthstone Year. R.I.P. Mage.

Anyways, that's our Hearthstone news of the day. A few other cards are being changed, but those changes are less drastic (pretty much just mana cost changes), so w/e.

Years
Yeah it confuses me that they nerfed the cards they did, when the MOST complained about cards (Jade Idol and Ultimate Infestation) weren't touched at all.

"Blizzard, jade Druid is too powerful, please do something"
"Cool, we'll nerf an important warrior weapon, an important shaman removal, and an important murloc card instead."

The Innervate nerf is stupid imo. A better nerf would be to have it say "refresh 2 mana crystals this turn". That way you could still play more cards, but you wouldn't be able to innervate out a fledgling on turn 1 or ultimate infestation before turn 10.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Yeah it confuses me that they nerfed the cards they did, when the MOST complained about cards (Jade Idol and Ultimate Infestation) weren't touched at all.

"Blizzard, jade Druid is too powerful, please do something"
"Cool, we'll nerf an important warrior weapon, an important shaman removal, and an important murloc card instead."

The Innervate nerf is stupid imo. A better nerf would be to have it say "refresh 2 mana crystals this turn". That way you could still play more cards, but you wouldn't be able to innervate out a fledgling on turn 1 or ultimate infestation before turn 10.

They mentioned that they had considered changes to Ultimate Infestation, as that was the one being complained about, but when they looked at their statistics or w/e, Ultimate Infestation wasn't a top-tier card in most current Druid decks, so they decided, after doing the other nerfs they did to Druid this time around, to keep Ultimate Infestation as-is, especially since their other nerfs would keep it from being played as soon. Apparently.

But I agree that that would be a far better rework for Innervate. It's essentially the same effect, but it prevents extra mana from being created, which is really where the "problems" with Innervate come into play. Plus the Druid only has one card that refreshes Mana Crystals at the moment, if I'm not mistaken, and I think refreshing Mana plays well into the Druid's class style of creating more Mana, so it would work well.

They mentioned that making Innervate essentially a Coin would work because the Rogue's Counterfeit Coin goes well for a lot of synergy. For the Rogue class. Where combos are literally the unique concept. So lmao I don't think there plan is going to work that well.

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
Years
Sorry to interrupt your quality conversation. Just want to drop by and say Hi!
I'm also playing Hearthstone as a pastime and enjoying collecting all the cards
of priest class. I mainly play as Priest and Mage btw and currently trying to achieve
500 wins in Rank (standard and wild mode) to get the golden portrait for my mage.

I started playing this game because of its affiliation to Warcraft lore and my
admiration in TCG (used to play Yu-Gi-Oh).

I hope we can get along well and will try to catch up with the discussion here.
Here's my battletag: Denrew#1494

Years
Sorry to interrupt your quality conversation. Just want to drop by and say Hi!
I'm also playing Hearthstone as a pastime and enjoying collecting all the cards
of priest class. I mainly play as Priest and Mage btw and currently trying to achieve
500 wins in Rank (standard and wild mode) to get the golden portrait for my mage.

I started playing this game because of its affiliation to Warcraft lore and my
admiration in TCG (used to play Yu-Gi-Oh).

I hope we can get along well and will try to catch up with the discussion here.
Here's my battletag: Denrew#1494

Hey there! I really enjoy playing as Priest too, although recently I've been playing a lot of Paladin. How are you enjoying the latest expansion so far?

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
Years
Hey there! I really enjoy playing as Priest too, although recently I've been playing a lot of Paladin. How are you enjoying the latest expansion so far?

Hey! So far, I'm enjoying my own version of Big Priest deck but I'm too focus playing the
mage class for the golden protrait :). I don't play other classes unless there's a quest that
requires you to use a specific class other than priest and mage so I guess my perspective
of enjoying the expansion compared to those who venture to use variety of deck classes
is limited. Still, I can tell how much I love the new cards especially the dk versions of Anduin
and Jaina. It's very amusing to use Frost Lich Jaina's greet emote "You're shivering. Are you afraid?", lol.

Nakuzami

Years
since I hate arena and never play it, I didn't even notice that

but you know what's scary

death knight gul'dan

his hero power is so

and his summon ability is so

and I was winning by so much but then suddenly he gets intense board control and lifesteal and within a turn he was back at full health (from half) and I was very much screwed. tragic

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
Have any of you seen this?

I hear they plan on making more animated shorts in the future. Hopefully they're all this fantastic.

Nakuzami

Years
yoooooooo I finally beat the Lich King

with a second class

yeah, I still have a ways to go lmao

and actually, I still need to watch the animated short. I kind of ignored it for a bit, and started it once but decided against watching it a few seconds in lmao. I have it downloaded, though, so I'll definitely watch it eventually.

Years
What are the best classes in arena this expansion? Mage/Druid/Paladin?

Rogue, Paladin, and Mage are still doing very well, and are probably still the best arena classes at the moment, but Warlock has surged in popularity with the latest expansion. Despicable Dreadlord, Defile, and Drain Soul are some really good arena cards that have definitely pushed Warlock in terms of popularity.

Back