• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hearthstone [Rise of Shadows + Year of the Dragon!]

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I love using Dragon Pally right now it's a ton of fun to play with. It's also the only deck I currently have

how good is it? i keep seeing that it's pretty bad, but I find that hard to believe with all the support it has. maybe they were just playing it wrong.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
Years
how good is it? i keep seeing that it's pretty bad, but I find that hard to believe with all the support it has. maybe they were just playing it wrong.

I play Wild mainly so I have old supports like Consortium Dragon which helps out a lot in getting big dragons out early.

I can see it being bad if you brick hard, considering my version has a lot of high mana cost dragons

Last edited:

tonylee123321

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 10, 2019
yoooooooo I finally beat the Lich King

with a second class

yeah, I still have a ways to go lmao

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Finally started the new solo adventure! I'm using coins to buy the other parts and I have to say this is VALUE

There's a lot of content for each 700 gold chapter, totally worth it imo. I've cleared chapter 1 with the first three classes so far, having a blast. Even with hunter and shaman unlocked, so far mage is still the most fun - had this run with Antonidas and the "spell costs health" effect, so I could just fling infinite fireballs as long as I had the health to kill my opponent first, lol.

They've really refined the whole "dungeon run" thing since it first came out. Especially now with the bartender where you can customize your deck even more. I'm having so much fun with it!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'll be honest, I've never played this game and most likely never will (just generally bad at stuff like this lol), but watching it is so much fun! There's so many great HS streamers out there.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I havent played in a while (another card game took my soul), what's this heist all about? :o
IMO it takes the best of all adventure modes we've had in the past and put it all together - it's "episodic" so it's longer, like the old adventures, but within each chapter of the heist it's a dungeon run-esque game where you build your deck with bundles and choose treasures to help you out. Newer things this time around also includes a "bartender friendly encounter" that allows you to either remove cards from your deck to streamline it for the archtype you're going for, or adding a legendary or 4 to your deck. There's also up to 3 available hero powers you can choose from for each class, unlocked after certain milestones while playing that hero, so there's definitely more replay value here.

My only gripe I'm now realizing is for your efforts you still don't get any actual rewards aside from the fun, which was fine back when dungeon runs were completely free to play, but now that each additional chapter costs 700 gold or unlocked with real money, that they don't throw in a few adventure-exclusive cards like they used to is a little disappointing, but it's still fun to play.
I'll be honest, I've never played this game and most likely never will (just generally bad at stuff like this lol), but watching it is so much fun! There's so many great HS streamers out there.
Which HS streamers have you watched? I used to watch them a lot when I played competitively too (as in played the ladder, not in actual tournaments lol) and learned so much from them, plus a lot of them are really entertaining too :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
OGs! Trump was probably the first HS streamer I ever watched, when I first started playing and absolutely sucked at it, Austin showed me his Trump Basic Teachings and it really helped me understand the basics of the game.

I don't play a lot of Arena, so I mainly live vicariously through Kripp for those, haha.

Years
I've been playing a bunch of quest mage and I think it's a bit too slow for the current decks people are playing right now. It's basically just freeze mage, but there's only one or two good win conditions so if you miss those you pretty much lost.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I've been playing a bunch of quest mage and I think it's a bit too slow for the current decks people are playing right now. It's basically just freeze mage, but there's only one or two good win conditions so if you miss those you pretty much lost.

There is a standard freeze mage going around, maybe give that a try? Unless you're strictly wild.

Back