• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hearts Reborn - A Johto Journey

Years
We will be opening applications one more time, as several of out players have vanished. The possible starters for new applicants are:

174.gif
175.gif
406.gif
438.gif
440.gif
446.gif
439.gif
238.gif
239.gif
458.gif
173.gif

Also, as we don't want new applicants to fall behind, you may also sign up with one of these Pokemon as your first catch:

016.gif
021.gif
161.gif
163.gif
019.gif
187.gif
504.gif
023.gif
300.gif
396.gif
519.gif

Is there any room for a new person like me to join? :o I'd love to join more RPs in this place.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm probably going to opt out, actually o: Got a bit much on my plate and might not have time for another RP right now. Saaadly. Sorry Lycan XDD

Years
Name: Nali Rail

Home Town: Cherrygrove City

Appearance: Nali is of average height, being just a bit smaller than most other kids her age and has a moderate build. Not too fat, not too skinny. She has vibrant red hair in a ponytail that ends around the middle of her back, bright green eyes with fierce determination, and light skin. She tends to wear jeans or jean shorts depending on the weather, a black t-shirt with a giant flame design on the front and simple black tennis shoes. She can also sometimes be seen wearing black, fingerless gloves. Nali likes to wear a hair-clip on the front side of her head. The hair clip varies from day to day.

Personality: Nali is a very adventurous girl, willing to go out and explore the unknown and stick her toe in first without knowing the consequences. She also enjoys being around other people, but her social skills need quite a bit of work as her choice of words can lead to awkward silences or give her strange looks from other people. She is not a big fan of fire, but on the same hand she also really admires the power fire has. Being a soccer girl, Nali enjoys physical activities and will opt to run instead of being on a bike for the thrill of it. Nali will openly admit that she doesn't know much, but if there is subject she knows quite well she will let her knowledge spilll out without even realizing it.

Brief History: Nali lives with her mom, dad, and brother quite happily. Her older brother can be quite a pain, but otherwise she enjoys her life. One day, when Nali was about 13-years-old, she got in a fire accident and nearly suffocated to death. Her brother barely managed to carry her out to safety, but ever since then Nali has been very weary of fire. After watching a couple of battles inside the gym and near the National Park, Nali knew she wanted to become a Pokemon Trainer.

Other: Despite not liking fire, Nali really wants a fire-type pokemon on her team.

Chosen Starter - Mantyke
Nickname: Kait (pronounced kite)
Moveset: Bubblebeam, Confuse Ray, Headbutt, Twister
Pokémon's appearance: Kait has a cute pink ribbon tied to her left antennae.

Roleplay Sample: A wonderful sunny summer day. It was perhaps a little warm, but it is nothing that the residents of Hoenn couldn't handle. Everyone went on with their day as usual. There were a few strange characters that have popped up recently, but most of the citizens of Petalburg decided to ignore them for the most part. And although there were also some freefolks walking around they weren't doing anything unruly. Yet at least. Other than that, the day seemed to prove to be uneventful day--

"HELLO PETALBURG CITY!"

Anyone close to the East entrance of Petalburg turned to see a Kirlia standing proud with an arrogant smirk on her face and a Expert Belt tied onto her left arm and an irritated Poochyena standing right next to the Kirlia. So much for a quiet day apparently. The Poochyena kicks the emotion Pokemon in her knee, causing her to yelp in surprise pain.

"Do you have to be so loud?" Mei asked, her ears still somewhat rining from that shout. "We don't need the entire city to know we're here."

Rain, the Kirlia, grins at her little dark-type friend before ruffling the fur on her head which only irritated her even more. "Aw come on, Mei! Live a little. It's not gonna hurt anyone if I scream to the heavens." The dark type grumbled 'says you . . .' under her breath, and was unheard from Rain. "And besides, we gotta start making a name for ourselves. Hm, now where's that Pokemon Center."

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
And Violet City is up! I am hype~

I'll throw in some extra info here.

How Gym Battles Work:

There are three options, and you may choose which works best for you:

The first is to bunny the gym leader and write out the battle yourself, which is how most rps do it,
the second is me playing the part of the gym leader, and we write out a battle together,

and the third is to play it out on Pokemon Showdown. If you choose showdown, the Pokemon will be set to level twenty, and you can have twenty evs to put in whatever stats you want for your Pokemon. Faulkner will have three Pokemon, but he can be persuaded to only use two, if the challenger hasn't caught three yet.

Faulker's team know the moves:

Hoothoot: Uproar, Hypnosis, Feather Dance, Peck

Gligar: Poison Sting, Quick Attack, Fury Cutter, Feint Attack

Skarmory: Leer, Peck, Metal Claw, Swift

In regards to mission one, if you take the mission solo, and decide you're going to battle Sado to get Cleffa back, he will only use Doduo. If you take the mission as a joint post with another player, and choose to double battle, then he will use both his Pokemon.

In regards to mission five, you can catch an Unknown, if you want.

NPCs of Violet City:

Hoshi, the girl from mission 1.
default_ouka-wakou.jpg

Her Cleffa is shiny. Probably what caught the thief's interest.

The thief of Mission 1; Sado, and the trainer of Lunalie's mission, Udo (gasp, twins)
dda1536ddcf6434c51ef82a32534d771.jpg

Mal, from mission 2;
5688-1011218546.jpg

Years
  • Age 27
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 15, 2016
I'll take the Stolen Star Mission. Hopefully I'll have the first of a few posts before i sleep today

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
Took longer than I planned, sorry 'bout that. Decided my original character plan would be a better fit for a more action-based/darker RP so I had to come up with a new one.

Name: Lucas (Luke) Laramie
Home Town: Fuchsia City
Appearance: Luke has short brown hair that's almost always covered up by his favorite cowboy hat which resembles the hide of a Tauros. He typically has a dark brown bandana tied around his neck. The rest of his attire consists of standard blue jeans with a brown leather belt and gold Tauros belt buckle, leather cowboy boots, and a gray plaid button up shirt. Also, his eyes are gray.

Personality: Luke loves sight-seeing. Any time he has a chance to see an old monument or explorean unknown cave he doesn't hesitate to run to it. He also has a tendency to drop what he's doing to help a person in need. While being a positive thing this is also a flaw of his as he has been known to put too much on his plate. His main goal is to see all of Johto while also hoping to be the first of the Laramie clan to win the pokémon league.

Brief History: Luke grew up on his family's ranch north of Fuchsia City. He had always been interested in pokémon battles and traveling but never had time to pursue his dreams due to being busy working on the ranch. After visiting some family north of Olivine, Luke decided he wanted to see more of the Johto region and decided to try out for the league and enrolled himself into the Goldenrod academy.

Chosen Starter:Elekid, Male.
Moveset: Thundershock, Swift, Quick Attack, Barrier (EggMove)
Pokémon's appearance: The only thing that distinguishes Elekid from others of its kind is a black bandana with a yellow lightning bolt that Luke gave the pokémon to wear around its neck.

Captured Pokémon: Ekans, Male
Moveset: Bite, Wrap, Poison Fang, Glare

Roleplay Sample: Even though you and I are both in the new DTiS together, I figured I'd post a sample anyway. Here's a piece from the original DTiS.

Damn that was close. Darren thought as he blocked Honedge's attack. "Alright that's enough. Let's head out." Darren stood up and returned the sword pokemon to it's pokeball. Darren and Houndoom walked through the gate and down the road. Darren looked up at the sky as he and Houndoom walked. "Who would have thought that more hybrids would have been our way of getting out of Kanto." Darren looked down at Houndoom. "What do you think Tulip's deal is anyway? She acts like she cares about me, but as soon as another guy shows up she runs off to him. Like with Gray on the train." Houndoom shrugged and kept walking. "Then she asks to be my girlfriend, but changes her mind when I say yes." Houndoom stopped and turned to Darren. "Doom hound doom doom." Darren stopped as Houndoom cut him off. "Yeah I guess it is for the best. You and I have a hard enough time surviving on our own. The last thing we-" Darren stopped and held his hand up, motioning for Houndoom to be silent.

Darren jumped back as a string shot hit the ground where he was standing. An Ariados jumped out of a tree and ran toward Darren. Ariados leapt at Darren, it's fangs glowing green. An Ariados huh? That could be a nice addition to my team. Darren's fists burst into flames and he punched the spider pokemon with an uppercut. Darren rolled to his right as Ariados fired a poison sting attack. Houndoom stood to the side, ready to jump in at any moment. Ariados spit out a string shot that Darren stood up and caught with his hand. Darren gave Houndoom a nod as he held onto the thread. Houndoom jumped onto Ariados' back and chomped down with a bite attack. Ariados tried to turn around but was held still by Darren. Ariados jerked the thread, pulling Darren to the ground. Houndoom hit Ariados with a flamethrower, keeping it from charging Darren. As Ariados stood still, tires from the battle, Darren grabbed a pokeball and pressed the button. "Ariados, you're mine." Darren threw the ball at the spider. The ball fell to the ground and began shaking.

Last edited:
Years
So I post here on what mission I'll be taking, right? This'll be a different RP experience from what I used to, which is great! I guess I shall take the Holy Hoppips challenge. Do I also mention which Pokemon I would like Nali to capture here or should that be a different post? Either way I'll RNG who she finds and captures.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
well apparently I got an elekid too XD yay

Like no one ever was...
Name: Wendy Etta
Home Town: New Bark Town

Appearance: Wendy dresses in black jeans and long, long sleeved t-shirts or tunics, often with pokémon themed prints on the front. She carries a pendant on a leather string around her neck, being some sort of stone that can power up certain pokémon, at least according to her father. It's quite worn down though, and only glimpses of colors shimmering can be seen in cracks of the otherwise dull grey surface. Mostly it's her good luck charm.

She is a rather short and thin girl, with pale skin covered in freckles on her face and shoulders. Her hair is a light brown color and slightly wavy, ending just above her shoulders; she most often puts it up into two pigtails. Her emerald eyes can be like green fire if she catches your gaze in a tense moment, for example a battle. It bothers her that she's always been pretty frail and has to rely on pokémon to fight any physical battles for her.

Personality: Wendy is feisty and easily annoyed and riled up. However, her intensity can also be a strength, as it makes sure she never sits still or pauses in life. She really wants to be the very best pokémon trainer, and is willing to try anything to get stronger and capture more pokémon.

She can be a bit selfish and forget to care about what her friends want and need, but when she realized it, she feels really guilty and blames herself harshly. Similarly, she might focus a bit much on her own dreams and goals and forget what her pokémon really need and want once in a while. Hopefully she'll grow as a person as well as a trainer on this journey, though.

Her interests, apart from knowing as much as possible about pokémon types and moves, include listening to music and eating food. She's a strict vegetarian though - pokémon battling is fine, but killing another life for eating it? One day in the past, she simply decided that was wrong, and stuck by it.

Brief History: Life in New Bark was really slow and calm. Too slow and calm for a wild girl like Wendy. An understimulated only-child, she often argued with her parents about moving away, and at one point at the age of eight, she even ran away in the evening. Out on Route 29, it took a while before her anger settled and she realized how alone she was in the dark. A wild pokémon appeared, scaring her. But it didn't attack. Instead, it realized from where the girl had come, and gently led her back to the human settlement.

Ever since, Wendy has been fascinated with pokémon and always aspired to become a great pokémon trainer. Her father was also a trainer in his younger years, but was never spectacular and quit his training after he had completed a journey around Kanto, his home region. A few of his pokémon were kept as pets and companions in their household, the others had been given away to breeders, professors or other trainers to let the pokémon keep growing even if their trainer didn't want to go the same way.

When Wendy was finally old enough to join the Goldenrod Academy, she was probably the most energetic kid in the class. Her studies didn't go extremely well; she had trouble concentrating during lessons and didn't score fantastically high in exams. However, she did excel in the practical courses and was at the time of her graduation ranked as one of the academy's best battlers. Incredibly eager to finally get a pokémon of her own, she traveled home to New Bark (by mechanical transportation) to meet with the old dusty professor Elm...

Rival (optional): Might invent someone along the way, because that usually works better (:
239.png

Chosen Starter: Elekid
Nickname: Kiddo
Moveset: Quick Attack | Discharge | Electroball | Thunderpunch

Pokémon's appearance: Not really, but Wendy will always recognize her Kiddo in a crowd of Elekids!​

Roleplay Sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9380346#9380346

Last edited:

Mewtwo1140

Psychic
Years
Name: Vega

Home Town: Goldenrod City

Appearance: Vega is fairly tall, with a strong build and light brown hair. He wears a black outfit with a small Aegislash Keychain hooked onto his black and blue book bag. He prefers to travel without shoes, (and sometimes a shirt) and always has a smile on his face.

Personality: Vega hopes to one day be a Pokemon master and travel the world with Pokemon friends. He's a happy guy who enjoys rainy days and cold weather. He's very protective and can be a ruthless enemy or a dear friend. He loves to crack jokes and puns, no matter the situation.

Brief History: Vega was abandoned at birth by his family and separated from his twin sister, who was also abandoned. He was taken in by an old martial arts teacher and Vega now nurtures a soft spot for fighting Pokemon. He hopes to one day reunite with his sister and perhaps his parents.
Rival (optional): just don't get on his bad side.

Other: nah fam

Chosen Starter: Tyrogue
Nickname: Ty
Move set: Tackle, Fake Out, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch
Pokémon's appearance: Tyrogue has a small scar under his right eye that no one except vega knows what happened. He's very independent and stubborn, and quick to anger.

Roleplay Sample: "Come on Ty, it's time to get up!" Vega gently prods his sleeping Pokemon. "Ty!" It yells, lashing out at the unsuspecting trainer, catching him in the stomach. Vega burps and laughs. "See what you did! Now I'm feeling gassy." Vega turns toward the door, his behind pointed toward the now frantic Tyrogue. It jumps up, retreating to the opposite wall warily. "That got you up, didn't it? Now come on, moms making bacon and eggs. Vega hurries downstairs, leaving the Tyrogue to follow in his wake.

-that was just a small portion of a role play I did on another site, which I had a Tyrogue as a starter.-

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So how would we have OCs interact with each other here? :o I'm curious about that.
Mostly in these kinds of RPs, we make joint posts! Meaning we PM or work in an online pad (like titanpad/piratepad) together until we have formed a decent bit of text to put into the forums. You can also RP back and forth as usual if the GM allows that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'll also have captured an Ekans from Route 29 when I begin, I think.

I'm a bit confused, though. I'll start on Route 30/31 right? Can I pick any mission I want? Can I catch more than one pokémon?

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
I'll also have captured an Ekans from Route 29 when I begin, I think.

I'm a bit confused, though. I'll start on Route 30/31 right? Can I pick any mission I want? Can I catch more than one pokémon?

Yes, you start on route 30/31. You can breeze through and just pick up a Pokemon, or you can go for a mission. c=

You can catch one Pokemon per route generally, however, you start with enough money to buy an extra Pokeball, and taking part in missions that give you money, or spare Pokeballs, allow you to catch more.

Happy writing, Rika-chan!~

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 19, 2016
I've been really dying to try out these RP games, and this seems like a pretty fun place to start =]
will take some time to make a character sheet though. Oh well!

question though- say that I want a certain starter [elkid, for example] but there's already a character with said starter. Can I still get that type of poke'mon?

Back