• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] hello everybody...

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2022
    howdy friends,

i'm BuildABot, and i came here primarily to download tools for ROM hacking. i'm a big Pokémon fan, having played most of the main series' games. i really enjoy difficult ROM hacks, especially those by Drayano, which i highly recommend to veteran fans of Generation 4 and 5.

looking forward to working with you all... ha

Years
  • Welcome BuildABot! Looks like you'll primarily be at the Fan Games section, specifically ROM Hacking Discussion? Here are the links in case you don't already know them heh.

I personally prefer custom storylines over difficulty hacks, but I won't lie, Drayano's hacks are indeed pretty good.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there BuildABot! Do you have plans on making your own hack in the future?

Years
  • Hi BuildABot, welcome! I hope you'll get the tools you need here. :D Feel free to ask if you need help locating things too, I'm not massively experienced in the fan game side but always happy to point you in the right direction if you're lost. See you around!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    howdy friends,

i'm BuildABot, and i came here primarily to download tools for ROM hacking. i'm a big Pokémon fan, having played most of the main series' games. i really enjoy difficult ROM hacks, especially those by Drayano, which i highly recommend to veteran fans of Generation 4 and 5.

looking forward to working with you all... ha

Hii welcome to PC! Just like ReKoil, I actually don't play hacks myself ahah. But I hear a looot of people love it - and it's a huge part of the community here, after all. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2022
    Hey there BuildABot! Do you have plans on making your own hack in the future?

i actually finished one recently. it was a Christmas gift for my buddy, a very basic FireRed hack that increases the game's difficulty, adds a few quality of life improvements, and uses some custom sprites of our friends as the Elite Four. however, i enjoyed making the hack so much that i wanted to continue with another project.

Years
  • i actually finished one recently. it was a Christmas gift for my buddy, a very basic FireRed hack that increases the game's difficulty, adds a few quality of life improvements, and uses some custom sprites of our friends as the Elite Four. however, i enjoyed making the hack so much that i wanted to continue with another project.

Hey BaB, welcome to the forums! I hope you're finding it useful in what you're looking for, especially as this sounds like a real neat idea for your friend! I will also advise that we have got a similt section on our PokéCommunity Discord, which for shorter questions/queries may actually be a bit more beneficial than on the forums. Either way, I know the community is extensive in their knowledge across both bases so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Looking forward to your works in the meantime and any questions, don't worry about pestering me or a fellow Moderator, we don't bite I promise!

Back