• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello Pokemon World, Ashley here!

Years
    Hi! My name is Ashley. I'm a 24 year old female. I'm from the USA. I've been a fan of pokemon since it came out, but didn't get to play until I got my own GBA SP in 2004. The first and only game that I've beaten is Pokémon Firered, with my favorite pokemon Charizard!!

I like Gen 1 the best, though I haven't played a lot of the other gens. I need to start at the beginning and work my way though.

I have a GBA SP and a 3DS Aqua. I'm going to, once I get the money, start getting the games, and tv series. I grew up watching the first three seasons.

My other interest are reading, writing poetry, and watching another favorite series, power rangers!

Hopefully I'll meet some cool people here!

-Ashley W

Years
    Hello Ashley, very excited to meet ya and welcome! I'm Hikamaru but you can call me Nichole if ya like.

Nice to hear you're a long-time player of Pokemon as well. I started playing the games around the time you started, although it was actually in 2003 in my case. I have been a fan way before then so yeah I've been a 15-year Pokemon fan and I'll never quit it anytime soon because it's such a fun franchise to explore. Joining PC was a great decision because it's always a great place for Pokemon fans to hang out, and I've been here for three years come next Wednesday.

I think you might be interested in the Pokemon gaming sections, there's one for each generation and they are often good places to start. You're also a writer so you might also love the Fan Fiction & Writing section of the forums as well, your activity can help give it more love since it's not that active.

Well I hope you can stick around as an active member and hopefully meet the cool people as you promised. In fact, PC is so diverse there's bound to be someone you'll like so don't hesitate to get involved and ask around. The staff team in the bold names are always there should you need help, but we have some helpful members in general as well. Have fun and see ya around the forums!

- Hikamaru

Welcome to the forum, Ashley! Charizard is a really popular Pokemon and I think the first starter I ever chose in Pokemon followed by Squirtle. He'll always have a special place in my heart because of that. :)

Since you're a fan of the first gen we recommend checking the Metal/Color Gaming board! That's the best place to discuss the first two generations, both of which are still really popular. I love all the generations being a huge Pokemon fan who has been into it since 1998 so I definitely recommend playing through all the gens. They are all so wonderful!

Hope you have fun here and be sure to let the staff know if you need some help. We're always around to assist and don't bite so no need to be shy! Cheers and enjoy your day.

Zet

Years
    No need to look any further for cool people. Sheep(the poster right above me) is the coolest person I know here.

Which power ranger series is your favourite? Mine is any with Jason David Frank(Tommy Oliver) in it.

Years
    Hey Zet, I'm watching all but the first season is so far stil my favorite. I have a friend that is really into Power Rangers, so I decided to watch all the seasons, so far I'm on number 9. Thinking of taking a break and watching pokemon, the only problem is I don't have any of the episodes at all. So I will have to order through Amazon or something.

Does anyone know of a good place to get Pokémon DVD's at a good price, like between $20-30 a DVD? If that is possible.

What do you mean by PC? Is there a online pokemon gaming community?

Just wondering.

Thanks Sheep! Have a great day!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Oh, PC is just 'PokeCommunity' for short! :3 Which by the way, welcome to the forums! Nice to meet you - I'm Dragon. n_n <33

Aye, I really love the Gen 1 games too. Gives off a great nostalgic vibe from it, y'know? But yeah, the boards around here are great, like, as said, the board for Gen 1, and such, which I think that all the people are really cool and great to meet, so, don't hesitate on contacting the ones that interest you. :3

Well, haaave a blast, Ashley! I used to be into the Power Rangers myself! Though it doesn't air where I live anymore, urgh. But yeah, I hope to see you around, and you can contact me if you wanna talk, or if you wanna be friends, that's cool too! <33

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Hi Ashley! Welcome to PC. It's nice to see another 80s child here with us, haha. I started with Gen 1 myself and it always holds a warm spot in my heart. ♥

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Welcome to the forums, Ashley! FireRed is my favorite Pokemon game and Charizard is one of my favorite Pokemon as well! You should also check out the Advance Generation Gaming section to talk about FireRed and LeafGreen, along with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Plus, Pokemon Anime is a great section to head to for someone interested in getting back into the show.

If you have any questions or ever need any help, don't hesitate to ask! PokeCommunity is a friendly forum, and I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends here!

Years
    Thanks Astinus! I'll have to check out more around this place. I've been away for so long from pokemon, I'm having withdraws. lol. Need to go and catch me some pokemon!

Back