• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello world!

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    Hello everyone!! You can call me Prompto or Prime, if you prefer that. ^^ I've been a fan of pokemon pretty much my entire life and I used to mostly play alongside my sister, but she doesn't really play anymore. My favorite Pokemon game is Black (I'll give you a guess who my favorite character is xD), and Gen 5 is my fave generation overall, though Platinum was the first game I ever played myself. I'm currently working through a replay of Black right now, Let's Go Pikachu, and Shield, which has stolen most of my attention. It's also why I sought out this forum! I've gotten bite by the pokedex bug and I really want to complete the dex for Shield, so I was hoping I could find some friends to trade with here. :)

I'm not super good at introductions honestly (or being social really ^^;;) , ummm, I have a lot of interests outside of pokemon too, I love video games in general (most recently have been playing Final Fantasy XV and Subnautica Below Zero!), and I also love a lot of anime and manga! I also like to knit though I'm not very good yet, and I love to write.

So, thank you for reading my intro! I hope we can chat and maybe be friends, or something! :)

Years
  • Welcome Prime! Really cool name I must say.

Shoutouts to Gen 5! Imo the best designed main line Pokemon games ever. My heart belongs to Sinnoh, as Diamond was my first game, but I can't lie that Gen 5 slaps harder.

You'll want to visit the Trade Corner if you wanna get some trades in, or the pokemon-trading channel we have in the Pokecommunity Discord :)

Don't worry about being bad at socializing, lots of us are tbh lol. We're chill here, so feel free to post/interact as much or as little as you want :) You're in luck though because a lot of folks here seem to love Final Fantasy. You'll fit right in~

Enjoy your stay, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any!

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    Oh, thank you! I'm rather fond of it myself, hehe~ cx

Ahhh, I'm happy you think so! I get very excited about Gen 5, I just adore the games so much and it makes me happy when other people like them too. ^^ Ohhh, Sinnoh is also a great region! I love pretty much all the games I've played in the series, but Platinum has a special place in my heart since it was my first. It's hard for me to rank games behind my top favorite tbh, but Platinum would probably rank as my second favorite. Have you gotten a chance to play the Sinnoh remakes? Or do you plan to?

Thank you for the directions! I get a little overwhelmed looking around at everything, so I appreciate it. :) And thank you for the welcome too, you're really nice!
    And that's good to know! Both that I'm not the only one not great at being social, and that there are other FF fans! I'm a bit new to the series but I'd love to meet other people that like FFXV

I do have a question, if you don't mind, but what is the fancy like, bar at the top of your post? It's really cool!!

Years
  • Oh, thank you! I'm rather fond of it myself, hehe~ cx

Ahhh, I'm happy you think so! I get very excited about Gen 5, I just adore the games so much and it makes me happy when other people like them too. ^^ Ohhh, Sinnoh is also a great region! I love pretty much all the games I've played in the series, but Platinum has a special place in my heart since it was my first. It's hard for me to rank games behind my top favorite tbh, but Platinum would probably rank as my second favorite. Have you gotten a chance to play the Sinnoh remakes? Or do you plan to?

Thank you for the directions! I get a little overwhelmed looking around at everything, so I appreciate it. :) And thank you for the welcome too, you're really nice!
    And that's good to know! Both that I'm not the only one not great at being social, and that there are other FF fans! I'm a bit new to the series but I'd love to meet other people that like FFXV

I do have a question, if you don't mind, but what is the fancy like, bar at the top of your post? It's really cool!!
    I've wanted to play the Switch games for a while now, but unfortunately I don't have the funds yet for a Switch. At some point I may have to *looks around to see if anyone's listening* engage in emulation. If you know what I mean. Heh.

You seem very nice as well, I'm glad to have met you :D This design you mean at the top of my post? That is called a flair, and everyone can edit it however they want hehe (however there are some features that can only be unlocked if you donate to the site). It involves bbcode, here's a list of them. You can just go to the top right button on the site and click "Edit Flair" to take you to the editor hehe.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Welcome to the forums!

Gen V is definitely one of the better generations, albeit it got quite a bit of criticism when it was first released. It took me some time to get used to the new designs as well, but now I can confidently say that I like most of the generation V dex.

I see you're replaying through some of the games as well! You're not as crazy as I am and trying to tackle all 35 at once at least, haha. xD Would you say your impression/opinions on some of the games has changed compared to your initial playthrough?

Years
  • Ahh yes Unova is one of my favorites too, and N is undoubtedly one of the best characters in the series ever. I most definitely approve of your taste :3c Your intro was pretty darn great and gave us a lot of info about you so all good there! welcome Prompto!

Years
  • Welcome!

Can't say I've ever liked (or hated) gen 5, it just never did anything for me personally.

How do you like LGP and Shield, or are you not far enough yet to form an opinion?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello everyone!! You can call me Prompto or Prime, if you prefer that. ^^ I've been a fan of pokemon pretty much my entire life and I used to mostly play alongside my sister, but she doesn't really play anymore. My favorite Pokemon game is Black (I'll give you a guess who my favorite character is xD), and Gen 5 is my fave generation overall, though Platinum was the first game I ever played myself. I'm currently working through a replay of Black right now, Let's Go Pikachu, and Shield, which has stolen most of my attention. It's also why I sought out this forum! I've gotten bite by the pokedex bug and I really want to complete the dex for Shield, so I was hoping I could find some friends to trade with here. :)

I'm not super good at introductions honestly (or being social really ^^;;) , ummm, I have a lot of interests outside of pokemon too, I love video games in general (most recently have been playing Final Fantasy XV and Subnautica Below Zero!), and I also love a lot of anime and manga! I also like to knit though I'm not very good yet, and I love to write.

So, thank you for reading my intro! I hope we can chat and maybe be friends, or something! :)
    Welcome to PC! Ooh, I like Gen 5 too, but I do probably rank Platinum higher ;) There's just something about Gen 4 that is... SUper charming, and Gen 5 didn't quite match that. For me! But recently I asked people in the Previous Generations forum what their favorite generation was, and lo and behold... Gen 5 won haha. You're definitely not alone, thusly :3

I hope you'll have a good time here and that we'll see you around~

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    Ahhh, this is probably gonna be super long, I hope I'm doing all the responding thing alright. ^^;; I haven't been on many forums in my time, and they all seem to work differently.

I've wanted to play the Switch games for a while now, but unfortunately I don't have the funds yet for a Switch. At some point I may have to *looks around to see if anyone's listening* engage in emulation. If you know what I mean. Heh.
    (had to shorten the quote because of the link xc)

Ohhh, that's right, I tend to forget how expensive the switch system is. ^^;; I was lucky enough to receive mine as a gift from my mom, thankfully. I do know what you mean though, hehe. ;) I hope you will get to play them soon though, however way you might need to! I've definitely been enjoying Shield a bunch, and the graphics are really pretty I think!

Awww, thank you! I'm glad too! ^o^ Ohh, okay! I saw that mentioned in the area where you edit your profile, but I didn't understand what it was. That's really cool though!! And thank you for the code reference, that's really useful! I'm gonna mess around with it in a little bit and see if I can put together something neat.

Welcome to the forums!

Gen V is definitely one of the better generations, albeit it got quite a bit of criticism when it was first released. It took me some time to get used to the new designs as well, but now I can confidently say that I like most of the generation V dex.

I see you're replaying through some of the games as well! You're not as crazy as I am and trying to tackle all 35 at once at least, haha. xD Would you say your impression/opinions on some of the games has changed compared to your initial playthrough?

Thank you! ^^
    I remember a lot of the negative reactions from back then, and it always made me sad because I really loved the games and it seemed like so many people had really bad reactions to it. I supposed I didn't really get it because I had only just played Platinum and watched my sister play Soul Silver, so I wasn't personally as attached to the earlier games, so instead of disliking the changes I was really excited by all the new stuff. A lot of the designs from that gen are still among my favorites, even though I do understand them maybe not working as well for some people. There are always some designs in each gen that don't really work for me too, it just seemed like a lot of people had overly negative reactions to gen 5.
    Sorry I kinda went off there a bit. ^^;;

Oh wow! o.o That's an amazing undertaking!! I don't think I could manage doing that, I'd get so overwhelmed ahhh! To be honest I haven't gotten very far in my replays (I got very distracted by Shield xD), and Black is really the main one that I'm playing 'again', I'm playing Shield for the first time and Let's Go for the second, but I don't actually remember much from when I'd played it before so it's practically a new experience for me. I would kind of like to maybe go back and play Platinum again and maybe Soul Silver for myself and see if my view of them have changed any. It's been a really long time since I played Platinum.
    What about you, has your impression of the games changed in your replaying adventure? And is it tough to play all those games at the same time?

Ahh yes Unova is one of my favorites too, and N is undoubtedly one of the best characters in the series ever. I most definitely approve of your taste :3c Your intro was pretty darn great and gave us a lot of info about you so all good there! welcome Prompto!

Yesss, high five for having amazing taste!! ;D Gosh, he really is, he's been my top favorite Pokemon character since Black and White came out and he's one of, if not my very top, favorite characters of all time. I love him so much it's ridiculous, hahaha. cx I even started playing Masters when I found out he was being added, and I never play mobile games really. Ahhh, thank you! I always struggle with trying to do intros, so I'm really glad to hear that I did well. ^o^

Welcome!

Can't say I've ever liked (or hated) gen 5, it just never did anything for me personally.

How do you like LGP and Shield, or are you not far enough yet to form an opinion?

Hello!
    That's okay! That's kinda how I felt about X & Y, so I understand. :)

I'm still pretty early in Let's Go, but I have played it once before in the past (though I don't remember how far I got then tbh). I'm enjoying it quite a bit honestly, I was having a lot of fun playing it before I got totally sucked in by Shield. xD I like that it's a bit of a different experience from the other games, even if I have trouble with throwing the poke ball well.
    And I'm absolutely loving Shield! I'm right after beating the last gym leader right now, and I've just been having a huge blast, which is why I got so distracted by it from the other games I've been playing. I even went ahead and treated myself to getting the DLC. cx It's also one of the first games in a while where I can remember having this much fun just hunting down pokemon and trying to fill the pokedex, and I really like the team that I've put together. ^^

What about you? Have you played either of those? What did you think about them?

Welcome to PC! Ooh, I like Gen 5 too, but I do probably rank Platinum higher ;) There's just something about Gen 4 that is... SUper charming, and Gen 5 didn't quite match that. For me! But recently I asked people in the Previous Generations forum what their favorite generation was, and lo and behold... Gen 5 won haha. You're definitely not alone, thusly :3

I hope you'll have a good time here and that we'll see you around~

Thank you! Ohhh, that's totally fair! Platinum is a great game, and it's got a very special place in my heart as my very first Pokemon game! To be honest I understand that, I also think it's a really special game and I really can't think of any of the others that match that same feeling, even though Gen 5 is my favorite it still doesn't have quite the same feeling that Platinum did. So to me, they're both fantastic but just different from each other. ^^
    Ohhh!! That's really cool to hear!! :D I always remember when it got a lot of flack years ago when it came out, so for a long time I've always worried about, people not looking at it as fondly as the other gens. I'm really glad to know that so many people do like it though! c'x

Thank you! ^^ I'm still getting my bearings, but it's been very nice so far! Everybody seems really friendly!

Years
  • Ohh, okay! I saw that mentioned in the area where you edit your profile, but I didn't understand what it was. That's really cool though!! And thank you for the code reference, that's really useful! I'm gonna mess around with it in a little bit and see if I can put together something neat.
    Your flair looks mighty good Prime! Really matches your N profile picture~

Years
  • Hello everyone!! You can call me Prompto or Prime, if you prefer that. ^^ I've been a fan of pokemon pretty much my entire life and I used to mostly play alongside my sister, but she doesn't really play anymore. My favorite Pokemon game is Black (I'll give you a guess who my favorite character is xD), and Gen 5 is my fave generation overall, though Platinum was the first game I ever played myself. I'm currently working through a replay of Black right now, Let's Go Pikachu, and Shield, which has stolen most of my attention. It's also why I sought out this forum! I've gotten bite by the pokedex bug and I really want to complete the dex for Shield, so I was hoping I could find some friends to trade with here. :)

Hey Prime and welcome to the forums! You've had quite the red carpet rollout already, haven't ya? Haha, it's always nice to see someone so spirited join the forums.

A fan of Gen 5... hiss... I will say this - keep your eyes peeled as PokéCommunity Daily (a team on Daily I am part of) are putting together something VERY exciting for Gen 5 fans, so make sure to look out for it!

Otherwise, I'm surprised no one has pointed you in the direction of our Anime & Manga and Video Games sections, given your interests! We're just coming up to the reset of the PC Game-Along events, so would be perfect to log your Pokémon gaming progress!

Enjoy the forums!

Years
  • Hello!
    That's okay! That's kinda how I felt about X & Y, so I understand. :)

I'm still pretty early in Let's Go, but I have played it once before in the past (though I don't remember how far I got then tbh). I'm enjoying it quite a bit honestly, I was having a lot of fun playing it before I got totally sucked in by Shield. xD I like that it's a bit of a different experience from the other games, even if I have trouble with throwing the poke ball well.
    And I'm absolutely loving Shield! I'm right after beating the last gym leader right now, and I've just been having a huge blast, which is why I got so distracted by it from the other games I've been playing. I even went ahead and treated myself to getting the DLC. cx It's also one of the first games in a while where I can remember having this much fun just hunting down pokemon and trying to fill the pokedex, and I really like the team that I've put together. ^^

What about you? Have you played either of those? What did you think about them?

I played Let's go eevee, and it was okay I guess. Not a huge fan of the catching mechanic, and aside from that it's more Kanto and I've already played Kanto in RBY and FRLG (and crystal and HGSS I guess...)
    I did love that they made the mons shiny in the overworld though.... they need to bring that back 😭
    Kinda indifferent I guess, it was okay. Not bad, not great.

As for Shield.... I got over a 1.000 hours logged by now with all the shiny breeding I do in it lol
    Shield for was the first time with a complete pokedex and thus a shiny charm, so I've kinda been going nuts with it xD
    As for Dynamax/Gigantamax... not a huge fan of the gimmick itself tbh, but I do like the Raid Dens and Dynamax Adventures where you team up to take down a strong mon.
    Anyway I do like Sword/Shield and I personally loved the Crown Tundra DLC the most.

Good luck with your PokeDex and hopefully you'll enjoy the DLC's =3

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    Your flair looks mighty good Prime! Really matches your N profile picture~

Thank you! ^o^ Hehehehe, had to do it N themed, he's my boy~ I really like that you can do these flairs, I've never seen something like that on a forum tbh, I hope one day in the future I could maybe donate and do something a bit fancier. ^^

Hey Prime and welcome to the forums! You've had quite the red carpet rollout already, haven't ya? Haha, it's always nice to see someone so spirited join the forums.

A fan of Gen 5... hiss... I will say this - keep your eyes peeled as PokéCommunity Daily (a team on Daily I am part of) are putting together something VERY exciting for Gen 5 fans, so make sure to look out for it!

Otherwise, I'm surprised no one has pointed you in the direction of our Anime & Manga and Video Games sections, given your interests! We're just coming up to the reset of the PC Game-Along events, so would be perfect to log your Pokémon gaming progress!

Enjoy the forums!

Ohh, thank you! :) Hehehe, I guess I really have! I real honored to receive such a warm welcome from, it's been really great!

I take it you're not a big fan of Gen 5? xD Tbh I pretty fond of all the generations, though I haven't played the earliest ones myself yet, which ones do you like the most? :) Ohhh?? That's exciting just to hear! I will absolutely keep an eye out for it, thank you so much for the heads up!

I did stumble into the Anime and & Manga section a little bit my first, but I've been playing too much Shield to actually explore here very much! ^^;; I didn't know about the Game Along at all, but I went to find the thread for it, and it looks like it'd be lots of fun, so I'm definitely going to look into more! Thank you for telling me about it. :D

I played Let's go eevee, and it was okay I guess. Not a huge fan of the catching mechanic, and aside from that it's more Kanto and I've already played Kanto in RBY and FRLG (and crystal and HGSS I guess...)
    I did love that they made the mons shiny in the overworld though.... they need to bring that back 😭
    Kinda indifferent I guess, it was okay. Not bad, not great.

As for Shield.... I got over a 1.000 hours logged by now with all the shiny breeding I do in it lol
    Shield for was the first time with a complete pokedex and thus a shiny charm, so I've kinda been going nuts with it xD
    As for Dynamax/Gigantamax... not a huge fan of the gimmick itself tbh, but I do like the Raid Dens and Dynamax Adventures where you team up to take down a strong mon.
    Anyway I do like Sword/Shield and I personally loved the Crown Tundra DLC the most.

Good luck with your PokeDex and hopefully you'll enjoy the DLC's =3

Ahh, that's understandable! I've never actually played a Kanto game myself, so I suppose it's a bit more fun to me since it's my first one set there.
    Ohhh, I didn't know that was something it did! That is great though, and I hope they do bring that back. And soon. xD

Ohhh, that's impressive!! I think the only game I have that much time spent in it is maybe Animal Crossing NH. xD But honestly I would do the same if I managed to complete the pokedex too, there are so many neat pokemon in Shield with nice shiny forms!! *o* I've only ever managed to get one shiny in Ultra Moon, I would love to be able to breed more in Shield if I get the chance!
    Ahh, that's fair! I'm kind of the same way, other than that I like the different Gigantamax forms quite a bit, but in my mind they're kinda like Mega evolutions which is probably why I like them. That was my favorite of the different gimmicks the more recent games have tried to do.

Thank you! c: I hope so too, I'm real excited to try them both out!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Welcome to PC, Prime! I think itks great that you're so responsive and enthusiastic about being part of the forum. Of course the Trade Corner is always open and you'll always find (as you've seen!) lots of discussion about Unova, lol. Do you have any plans on going back and playing through the older main series games?

Back