• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello!

Years
    Hello, I'm new to the PokeCommunity forums!
    You can call me Tea or Citrine, I'm 21 and my pronouns are she/her :)
    I've been a Pokemon fan for the majority of my life, my favourite things nowadays being Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and shiny hunting!
    Recently I feel like I've fell behind with the franchise as I do not have a Switch though, I play PMD Explorers of Sky, Gates, Pokemon Black and X for the most part

Years
    Hello and welcome to PokéCommunity!

I'm know how it feels to be behind with Pokémon, I tend to play mainly games even older than that. Are Black and X your favourite mainline games?

Years
    • He/Him
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Welcome to the forums, Tea! We're happy to have you here ^^

How many shiny Pokemon have you accumulated over the past years? Any one of them your favorite?

Years
    Hello and welcome to PokéCommunity!

I'm know how it feels to be behind with Pokémon, I tend to play mainly games even older than that. Are Black and X your favourite mainline games?

Thank you! They are my only mainline games sadly! I've played more spin-offs than I have the mainline series, I'd love to get my hands on more mainline games but it seems older Pokemon games have been going up in price recently! I became a fan of Pokemon through toys, books and the movies/show because I got my first gaming system later than most kids, so my first game was Black

Welcome Tea!

What's your preferred method for shiny hunting?

Thanks!!
    Hmm, my preferred is probably Masuda, while I'm not good at getting perfect IVs and everything I like how you can have more control over what your pokemon will be like! And you get to raise them from the beginning too :)
    If I want to hunt more passively I like friend safari and horde hunting

Welcome to the forums, Tea! We're happy to have you here ^^

How many shiny Pokemon have you accumulated over the past years? Any one of them your favorite?

Thank you!
    About 24 so far, and yes! My favourites are my Raichu, Ninetales and Goodra! My Raichu and Ninetales I hatched using Masuda and my Goodra was a random encounter. Another is my Garbodor because I declared it my least favourite Pokemon back in the day and well... guess what my first shiny ended up being..? 😅 I just find it really funny now.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello, I'm new to the PokeCommunity forums!
    You can call me Tea or Citrine, I'm 21 and my pronouns are she/her :)
    I've been a Pokemon fan for the majority of my life, my favourite things nowadays being Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and shiny hunting!
    Recently I feel like I've fell behind with the franchise as I do not have a Switch though, I play PMD Explorers of Sky, Gates, Pokemon Black and X for the most part

Welcome to PC! I hope you've been having fun here for the past few days? It's nice to see old pokémon fans around who are still eager and participating in the franchise :3

Years
    Welcome to PC! I hope you've been having fun here for the past few days? It's nice to see old pokémon fans around who are still eager and participating in the franchise :3

Thank you! Yes I have, it's a really nice forum!
    Heh, I think it's safe to say I'll never grow out of Pokemon at this point! c:

Years
    • He/Him
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    About 24 so far, and yes! My favourites are my Raichu, Ninetales and Goodra! My Raichu and Ninetales I hatched using Masuda and my Goodra was a random encounter. Another is my Garbodor because I declared it my least favourite Pokemon back in the day and well... guess what my first shiny ended up being..? 😅 I just find it really funny now.

Ah! How exciting ^^ And isn't that always the funniest thing? The things we end up not really liking usually make their appearance in the shiny world more than the ones we really want. That happened while I was chaining - shiny pidgey popped up, but I was hunting for a Dragonite. Guess I shouldn't complain, though.

Again, welcome to the forums ^^ Wishing you luck on your future hunting!

Years
    hiya tea!! welcome to PC c: i hope you enjoy it here!!

also i LOVE shiny hunting!! at least, i used to shiny hunt in SM and shiny hunt in swsh since it's easy to do so! it's nice to meet another shiny hunter :o

Years
    Ah! How exciting ^^ And isn't that always the funniest thing? The things we end up not really liking usually make their appearance in the shiny world more than the ones we really want. That happened while I was chaining - shiny pidgey popped up, but I was hunting for a Dragonite. Guess I shouldn't complain, though.

Again, welcome to the forums ^^ Wishing you luck on your future hunting!

Murphy's Law, right? Lol!
    Thank you!!

hiya tea!! welcome to PC c: i hope you enjoy it here!!

also i LOVE shiny hunting!! at least, i used to shiny hunt in SM and shiny hunt in swsh since it's easy to do so! it's nice to meet another shiny hunter :o

Thank you! It's nice to meet you too! 😄

Back