• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
Take a few days off and see what happens. I mean, easier said than done, but you just need to get away and find if you two really need each other. If not, then you'll forget about them in the few days (yay!), but if you really really do, you two will just naturally end up back together.

Crux

Evermore
Years
This is really more suited for this thread, I would think. Not to mini-mod, of course, just some advice for future reference.

To answer your question, though, your signature has the answer.
Tides aren't the only things that ebb and flow; people do as well. Sometimes they come closer, others, they barely touch the shore. But while it may be that she's decided to drift away, or you from her, before either of you jump to any conclusions you should think about what friendship actually means.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I always thought it was more of a feeling, or link between souls. Not a title that you can revoke whenever you feel like it.

Then again, I'm probably not the best person to give advice about this sort of thing.

I hope you resolve your problem.

Last edited:
Years
Sometimes people just grow apart because their lives are moving in different directions and whatever kept you close isn't there. It happens when people graduate from school and they realize that a big part of their friendship was that they were simply in the same place with each other. Not saying that's what's going on every time, but if you knew what the tension was about it would help you either patch things up or give you some kind of closure from knowing what exactly was causing a division.

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
Years
i dont mean for this to come off as weird but all my best friends in the past have been female, and lately thy have all drifted away from the whole friendship aspect, so if it's possible i was hoping i could find a girl on here that would be willing to be my friend for moral support, it would really help me out so anyone willing thanks for helping me out, feel free to pm me, i promise i wont be a creep., i just seem to form better friend ships with women.

Honest

Hi!
Years
i dont mean for this to come off as weird but all my best friends in the past have been female, and lately thy have all drifted away from the whole friendship aspect, so if it's possible i was hoping i could find a girl on here that would be willing to be my friend for moral support, it would really help me out so anyone willing thanks for helping me out, feel free to pm me, i promise i wont be a creep., i just seem to form better friend ships with women.

Realize that friendships IRL and friendships over the web aren't exactly the same thing, in small ways. Buuuuuuuut, if you wanna make friends, just talk to people, really? Nine people out of ten on PC are extremely nice, and usually up for conversation, be them male or female. Best of luck!

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
Years
Realize that friendships IRL and friendships over the web aren't exactly the same thing, in small ways. Buuuuuuuut, if you wanna make friends, just talk to people, really? Nine people out of ten on PC are extremely nice, and usually up for conversation, be them male or female. Best of luck!

thanks for the help man!

i do have a more serious mater at hand, I'm on leave visiting my family and they all have sticks up their asses except for my dad ( I've really only spent time with him since everyone is in such a pissy mood). none of them want to try to resolve their problems and just want to sweep everything under the rug. is there any advice you guys could give? I'd try an intervention but they wont listen to each other and will just get pissed off. any help would be great!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 23, 2015
thanks for the help man!

i do have a more serious mater at hand, I'm on leave visiting my family and they all have sticks up their asses except for my dad ( I've really only spent time with him since everyone is in such a pissy mood). none of them want to try to resolve their problems and just want to sweep everything under the rug. is there any advice you guys could give? I'd try an intervention but they wont listen to each other and will just get pissed off. any help would be great!

If your family members keep sweeping things under the rug then it will eventually build up and someone will explode. It'll probably become far worse than you could imagine. It's best to deal with any issue as soon as possible. Find any member of the family whom you trust that knows of your situation who is not part of it, preferably older, and have him or her be on your "team" -- the neutral-unbiased-as-possible side when confronting other family members. You and whoever is involved needs to deal with this eventually. Discuss, plan on how to deal with the issue. A pair of people trying to deal with the issue is better than one. But if it's just yourself, then the following will apply still...

Be as neutral and fair as possible, and forget about if they will "just get pissed off". Don't fear, confront them in a patient, humble, loving manner; as a friend. When confronting them, don't attack, don't play the blame game, don't assume anything, what you may know may just be the tip of the iceberg. But state your case and listen and to one side first and then to the other. Confront one in private, and if there are more people involved then confront each one of them in private first. If more than one is involved, try to have them agree to have each other sit down to discuss this, and have them agree to be honest as possible without being angry. Anger will not solve anything, and only at best solve something temporarily, which isn't what you want. Tell them that you're doing this because you care about them and don't want any more division among your family members. If they get pissed off, calm them down first before you go on -- people are most rational when they're calm.

Whatever the issues are go to the root of the problem. The root of the problem could be someone's pride, selfishness, or lusts, fears...But you won't know for sure unless you ask the right questions. Don't ask "yes or no" questions but ask open ended questions like "who", "what", "when", "where", "why", "how"? "What happened?" "Why did you do this?" "How would you feel if you are in his shoe?", "what is your greatest fear in this situation?" as a few examples. You will get a far better understanding of the situation and how to tackle the situation if you ask these kinds of questions. If you must ask a "yes" or "no" question, make sure to follow up with a who, what, when, etc. question. So, understand both sides thoroughly first, before you try solving the situation for both sides.

Be firm in trying to stay as neutral as possible and be firm in having them not start a fight. Be firm in not allowing them to play the blame game when in the end, most likely, they both (all) have done something wrong and have contributed in this iceberg of full of grudges, bitterness, and hurt. Encourage them to admit and see their own wrongs first before they start pointing fingers at other people. That's one of the greatest steps -- admitting their own wrong. Other steps that needs to happen during your confrontation has to include forgiveness, a desire to turn away from all the wrong that they've done, and develop a habit of doing what is right. One of them definitely include to commit to never to be rug-sweepers ever again.

You confronting them is not just a one day confrontation, it could be days, even weeks of discussion before things are solved. Ask for at least half an hour of their time first in dealing with the situation. If it's unsolved, ask for another discussion on a different day. Keep doing this until you truly know for a fact the issue is solved or that dealing this situation is not possible in your hands. If that's the case, encourage them to see a professional counselor.

Before doing all of this though, some thing should be done on your part first. If you have wronged any of them and have swept anything under the rug that has to do with them, then apologize and ask for their forgiveness first before you deal with their issues. By doing so may just cause others to break their pride of confronting their own issues. If you don't do that, you may be seen as a hypocrite or "holier than thou". That's no good.

All that said, good luck and best wishes to you. Interventions are no easy task, but it's gotta be done. The sooner the better.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
There is this kid, he played in my soccer team before highschool but I dropped soccer in highschool. At the start of highschool he followed me around, it got old after a while and he came from a small school so he has that small school syndrome where the personalities are the same and they only have a small group of friends but he got passed that and made some friends who werent just me and another few kids... fast forward until now and ergh he just sits next to me on the bus when there are other seats around and when one goes free he doesn't move and I am unsure how to break it to him that "I don't like him." If i tell him that he would get very upset and I don't want to hurt him to much. I am not asking what do I do just what should I do.

Years
There is this kid, he played in my soccer team before highschool but I dropped soccer in highschool. At the start of highschool he followed me around, it got old after a while and he came from a small school so he has that small school syndrome where the personalities are the same and they only have a small group of friends but he got passed that and made some friends who werent just me and another few kids... fast forward until now and ergh he just sits next to me on the bus when there are other seats around and when one goes free he doesn't move and I am unsure how to break it to him that "I don't like him." If i tell him that he would get very upset and I don't want to hurt him to much. I am not asking what do I do just what should I do.
It's good of you to consider his feelings about this. Not everyone would. If what he's doing is bothering you then it's okay for you to want him to stop so looking for some way to distance yourself is okay. There are some common things that people do when they don't want to talk to people in public like reading (if that doesn't make you car sick) or listening to music. Those are the kind of passive ways to say "Don't talk to me." If those don't work you can try to move where you sit, like sitting next to someone else or some other way so that there isn't an open seat next to you. To me, things like that don't seem so mean, though they might make him upset whatever you do so I guess it's up to you to decide how blunt you want to be, but you should probably say or do something since this isn't a good situation for you.

droomph

weeb
Years
I have a bit of social problems on the internet right now so I'm not looking to blame anyone for my problems, just how to fix it

basically I have /b/tards (if you want the "official" term lol no offense to anyone) as some friends right now (dickbag exterior but sophisticated/polite interior, the whole deal)

I know they're not actually dicks and stuff but I have a hard time doing anything or defending myself from their "rudeness" without being accused of hypersensitivity or being too weak or something like that.

And I don't think they're bad or anything, just how do I deal with them so that they all don't call me "whiny *****" or whatever?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I have a bit of social problems on the internet right now so I'm not looking to blame anyone for my problems, just how to fix it

basically I have /b/tards (if you want the "official" term lol no offense to anyone) as some friends right now (dickbag exterior but sophisticated/polite interior, the whole deal)

I know they're not actually dicks and stuff but I have a hard time doing anything or defending myself from their "rudeness" without being accused of hypersensitivity or being too weak or something like that.

And I don't think they're bad or anything, just how do I deal with them so that they all don't call me "whiny *****" or whatever?

If the friends are making you uncomfortable, tell them to quit it and if they don't respect that then find new friends. You say they're not dicks but if they're being insensitive, it being a front or not, it's not worth it. It just sounds like they're douches. If they saw you were sensitive why would they keep pushing you to the edge to get a rise out of you besides doing it for bullying purposes?
Keep people around who lift you up, not put you down. Otherwise it's just not worth it.
Just my opinion.

droomph

weeb
Years
If the friends are making you uncomfortable, tell them to quit it and if they don't respect that then find new friends. You say they're not dicks but if they're being insensitive, it being a front or not, it's not worth it. It just sounds like they're douches. If they saw you were sensitive why would they keep pushing you to the edge to get a rise out of you besides doing it for bullying purposes?
Keep people around who lift you up, not put you down. Otherwise it's just not worth it.
Just my opinion.

Yep, what I was going to do :) I feel better now, thanks.

Years
PC this year will be my last Christmas at home with my family. My parents are pretty good when it comes to gift giving and I've been given a $500 budget for them to spend on me in commemoration of my final year at home.

So I ask, what do I ask for? Straight up, cash is not an option though I wish it were.
I had a few things I was thinking about:
$500 towards new microphones would give my career a good nudge and I could get some projects done without needing to go to the studio every other week. But the $500 isn't exactly enough to cover it and I'll end up affording them at the same time regardless.

I do need a 3ds so I can finally get around to playing Pokemon X or Y, I know that either way I'll end up getting this first out of lack of self restraint.
I could also put $100 towards an entirely different purpose microphone and still be helping out my career slightly.

tl;dr
My last Christmas with family I have $500 to spend, do I get the full $500 put towards expensive microphones, or a 3ds and Pokemon X or Y and the rest towards a significantly less expensive microphone that has an entirely different purpose?

Years
I would go with career. If anything, you can get Pogeymans later. I'm sure if your parents understand how much it means for your career, they'll bump up your budget - after all it's the gift not the budget that matters. That or you could give your parents a couple hundred so it works out that way :P

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Hey guys, so I'd like to seek some more advice here.

What's the best way to cope with being physically ugly? Let's make no mistake here; I AM ugly. There is no questioning that. Trust me. What I'm looking for here is the best way to cope with being this way, to cope with being physically unappealing in the midst of the beautiful women who surround me everyday.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
What should I do? Needing honest, serious advice

How it all started

So, I found myself in a situation I didn't see coming. I'll explain it:

- I've known this girl since I was really young, 9 or 10 years old at the time I think, she was around 7 back then.
Back then we had that stupid kids' thing in which we were "boyfriend and girlfriend", but it only lasted for a few days, I know it's kind of ridiculous but I guess kids go though that.

- Like 2 years ago I saw her again and I immediatly recognized her, her face looked just the same. Needless to say she is really pretty. We chatted for a bit and went on with our lives.

What happened recently​

I am currently 19, freshman in college.
A few months ago I saw her again. I was at an event from my college and I saw her there with a girl I also knew.
Apparently she had friends in my college (people I actually know and enjoy) and told me she would go there to study sometimes. I had never seen her there before, since she usually went in the afternoon and I have lessons in the morning.

We talked there, for a while, until eventually she had to leave. Her friend had her car nearby so I asked her if she could give me a ride to my own car, since it was on the way, and she did (I realized she was only 16 by now).

In the car we talked for a while more, me, her and her friend (who I also hadn't seen in years).
They dropped me by my car and I drove home. I couldn't help but notice once more how pretty she was.

A few hours later/ the next day, they both added me on facebook.
She came to talk to me there, apologizing for a bad joke she said. I said it was fine, it wasn't even insulting or anything lol
It felt more like she wanted to talked to me. Eventually we exchanged numbers and talked a bit, not for very long tho.

First time we went out

A few days later we decided to go grab a cup of coffee together and chat.
It went fine, we talked about a whole lot of stuff then we both left.

We didn't talk for a while, until she texted me. She said she had something to tell me but couldn't remember it (once again I feel like maybe she just wanted to talk to me).
We talked for a while until we both went to sleep.

Then we were about a week without talking. It was my fault there, she told me: "When you want, text me and we can talk again or do something". I said I would, however I had alot of stuff from college in my hands and time went by without me hardly noticing.

Second time we went out​

When I noticed so many days had passed, I texted her again. The semester was also ending.

We decided to go grab some coffee again. This time we talked even more, about alot of stuff until I drove her home.
She has always been really nice and I can tell she is a little shy around me.

Third time we went out​

We exchanged some more texts, she was talking to me about a movie she had seen and we once more thought of going out together, so we did.
I took her to a park nearby, unfortunately it was almost closing time so we didn't stay there long. We went by a windmill (they have 2 in the park) and watched the view for a while (it's on a hill, so you can see a huge chunk of the city, the river and the sunset. It was pleasent, and I was starting to enjoy her company.

When the park closed we went to a Starbucks nearby, she told me they had a great hot chocolate there and insisted I would try it. We talked there for a long time, hours. Then I drove her home afterwards.

Fourth time we went out​

We went out the next day again. She had a coke, I had some coffee and once more talked for a long time. I felt closer to her, and somehow she kept getting prettier everyday.
I started to love the way she smiles, and small traits and actions she does that are unique to her. I could watch her for hours.. I started feeling the desire to kiss her. I didn't want to do it and ruin things or make them awkward but the thought was constantly in my head.

When we were leaving we sat in my car for a while. She put some music and we kept talking, listening to her songs (which I admit were never much my type). I eventually drove her home once more and that was it.

We didn't see eachother for a few days, even tho we exchanged some texts, and by then I thought about her and kissing her nearly all the time.
Until finally, we decided to go out one day after dinner.

Fifth time we went out​

I decided to take her to Starbucks once more. I knew she loved the hot chocolate so I went there with her and bought her one. We stood there for like an hour until it was almost closing time, then we left.

We went to my car and once more she put some music and we talked there for a while. Eventually we decided to go by the river. We sat there for hours, watching the river, talking about stuff, laughing.
When I noticed it was already 2 am. At a point, she said her hands were freezing so I held her hand with mine and put them both in my pocket jacket for a while. Time went on. 4am. It was getting late and I could tell she was getting sleepy and we were both running short on things to talk about, so I drove her home.

I had been wanting to kiss her all night, I had thought alot about it and I knew deep down that maybe I shouldn't but I couldn't help it.

When she was going to get out of the car I pulled her towards me and just kissed her. The moment seemed to drag itself for so long.. until we stopped. She immediatly "jumped" out of the car and said in a shaky voice: "See you tomorrow".

I drove home without knowing what to think.

Sixth time we went out​

Next day, we didn't see eachother. She eventually texted me saying "Hi" and we talked normally through the day.
However, the following day, we went out at night once more.

Everything went normally, I was so nervous. She looked beautiful, I wanted to kiss her more, I wanted to hold her, I wanted to look at her.. By now I was realizing the unfortunate truth, I was becoming infatuated.

We were sitting in hour car for a while when I decided I couldn't help it anymore. I leaned in and kissed her again, for a while, until she stopped. She seemed troubled. I told her to talk..

She said she didn't know where I was going with what happened, but she told me it wouldn't work. She asked me not to fall in love with her because she knew she would hurt me. She said she wasn't the right girl for that.
I had to lie.
I told her I wouldn't, that she didn't need to be worried about that. She dropped a hint that she wanted to kiss me aswell tho.. Eventually I drove her home.

We were in my car sitting and she wouldn't leave. I wondered if I should kiss her once more because it really felt like she was waiting for me to..

I did. I kissed her, held the back of her neck with my hand and for the first time she held mine.
We kissed for a while until we both stopped. She said "Goodnight, see you later" and left. I could tell she was shy.

Right Now

We exchanged some texts meanwhile. I didn't know what to think. She eventually admitted she longed to kiss me and if she didn't want to she wouldn't have kissed me back. She also said in a text she always hurt the ones who love her.

It confused me. Since then we hardly talked. She hasn't texted me, I did once to ask her out and she said she couldn't so I said it was ok, and maybe the next day or in a few days.

She agreed but she hasn't said anything since then. Neither did I.. I don't want to chase her and pull her away without meaning, but I don't want to lose her either.

I know she's interested in me, in the worst case scenario. But she seems to have pulled back.. What do I do?
I can't stop thinking about her. Every single day, it kills me not to see her, touch her, not even talk to her. I'm letting my pride and fear or chasing/being stubborn take the best of me, but it's killing me.

The songs we listened together are constantly in my head, I listen to them all the time, I even like them now. They remind me of her.

I didn't want any of this at first. I didn't want to like her. Now I can't stop thinking about how beautiful she is, how much I miss her smile, her small gestures unique to her. I feel ridiculous.
She's only 16. I knew from the start she was too young for me. I never thought this would happen.

What do I do?

Thank you so much if you read all this, I feel lost

Hey guys, so I'd like to seek some more advice here.

What's the best way to cope with being physically ugly? Let's make no mistake here; I AM ugly. There is no questioning that. Trust me. What I'm looking for here is the best way to cope with being this way, to cope with being physically unappealing in the midst of the beautiful women who surround me everyday.

Since I hope someone answers my own question, I will answer yours! (it's only fair).

I do not know how "Ugly" do you are/think you are. But despite that, I think I can help you out:

. One very important thing is: Find a hairstyle that suits you. One that looks great on you.

. Wear fashionable clothes, that make you look tall and maybe more muscular. The sort of clothes may vary with age.

. If you are not very muscular, try to! Believe me when I say, a good body is very important. I always say to myself: If I don't feel confortable naked, I have to work harder. I've seen alot of guys who, believe me, were REALLY ugly with pretty girls because they have muscular defined bodies.

. Be nice. I don't know you, but always be nice (not too nice tho), have manners, respect others. And be you.

. Be confident. This may even be on top of all others. It's so important to be confident, to believe in yourself and how awesome you are. Don't be cocky, but confident.

. Do things you like. When you are "independant" and do things you enjoy, girls tend to look at you more often. Stop seeking them out, let them seek you.

I can't think of more things off the top of my head, but there you go!

Trust me, beauty is only a percentage in the game of love and never forget: it's also in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited:

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Since I hope someone answers my own question, I will answer yours! (it's only fair).

I do not know how "Ugly" do you are/think you are. But despite that, I think I can help you out:

. One very important thing is: Find a hairstyle that suits you. One that looks great on you.

. Wear fashionable clothes, that make you look tall and maybe more muscular. The sort of clothes may vary with age.

. If you are not very muscular, try to! Believe me when I say, a good body is very important. I always say to myself: If I don't feel confortable naked, I have to work harder. I've seen alot of guys who, believe me, were REALLY ugly with pretty girls because they have muscular defined bodies.

. Be nice. I don't know you, but always be nice (not too nice tho), have manners, respect others. And be you.

. Be confident. This may even be on top of all others. It's so important to be confident, to believe in yourself and how awesome you are. Don't be cocky, but confident.

. Do things you like. When you are "independant" and do things you enjoy, girls tend to look at you more often. Stop seeking them out, let them seek you.

I can't think of more things off the top of my head, but there you go!

Trust me, beauty is only a percentage in the game of love and never forget: it's also in the eye of the beholder.

I'm actually a girl, so...none of this really applies to me. But thank you anyways!

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I'm actually a girl, so...none of this really applies to me. But thank you anyways!

Oh wow. My bad >.>

Still, a few points stand:

. Be confident

. Be nice

. Try to be fit! Not muscular but in shape

. Wear fashionable clothes

. Practice on being seductive. Practice flirting. I know alot of girls who aren't very pretty and still date ALOT.

Confidence is key, believe in yourself, be you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back