• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poeman

Banned
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    I was doing it back, it was a joke, Really people need help with names I almost never see that?

The right section would be the game topic.

Years
  • Hey everyone. Im making a game which is an archery game and i am trying to make an event system so that the arrow (when the button is clicked) goes to where the hero's position is and then gets launched and when it hits a monster score is recorded. So far i have six variables. 2 for the hero's x and y position and another 2 for the monster and another 2 for the arrow all x and y.. but as soon as i go onto the map score is already recorded once.. Can someone help? I will post three screens to show you what i have done..

just thought i would say.. the text acts as my score.. this is just for testing for when the score will be added..

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    A lot of RPG Maker XP games I try to play I keep on getting this error message,'Invalid access to memory location.' And I've tried changing my display setting and putting in a different,'Game' file in the folder. But I still get the same error message. How do I fix this?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2009
    help with trainer card sprite

Im a newbie and i barely started to do my own development in my pokemon fire red so that it can similar to the yellow version...my question is how can i change the colors of the character on the trainer card...because i have no idea how... and thanks

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Im a newbie and i barely started to do my own development in my pokemon fire red so that it can similar to the yellow version...my question is how can i change the colors of the character on the trainer card...because i have no idea how... and thanks
    *sighs, points to section name under "Community Sites"*

Not for Rom-Hacking. Go to the Rom Hacking section and ask that.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    A lot of RPG Maker XP games I try to play I keep on getting this error message,'Invalid access to memory location.' And I've tried changing my display setting and putting in a different,'Game' file in the folder. But I still get the same error message. How do I fix this?

Paradox101

Neither here nor there
    Years
  • I was wondering..
    can anyone help me with some simple script? I'm trying to get an evented wild pokemon battle in this little project of mine. I looked through the notes, and I've tried to do it myself but I keep messing up for some reason. Unfortunately, the notes didn't come with a proper example of what it should look like, so I'm sort of in the blank.

It's just a simple battle against a snorlax. Anyone able to help me out and write down the script needed to make this work? Just a working example, really. It'd be most appreciated.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I was wondering..
    can anyone help me with some simple script? I'm trying to get an evented wild pokemon battle in this little project of mine. I looked through the notes, and I've tried to do it myself but I keep messing up for some reason. Unfortunately, the notes didn't come with a proper example of what it should look like, so I'm sort of in the blank.

It's just a simple battle against a snorlax. Anyone able to help me out and write down the script needed to make this work? Just a working example, really. It'd be most appreciated.
    pbWildBattle(X,Y), where X is Snorlax's Pokédex number and Y is its level. So it could be pbWildBattle(143,50).

I took that almost word for word from the notes, so maybe you weren't looking hard enough.

Paradox101

Neither here nor there
    Years
  • I was looking at just that part.
    I tried to do
    pbWildBattle(SNORLAX,30,1,False) though, and it didn't seem to work.
    I'll try it with two variables instead of four, then.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I was looking at just that part.
    I tried to do
    pbWildBattle(SNORLAX,30,1,False) though, and it didn't seem to work.
    I'll try it with two variables instead of four, then.
    The last two variables are optional, so you can simply leave them out. I don't know what the default settings would be for them (presumably "-1, TRUE", meaning it doesn't save the result in a variable and you can run away), but it can't be too hard to look up.

Note the using of the pokémon's National Dex number instead of its internal name.

Paradox101

Neither here nor there
    Years
  • Aye, I figured that. Thanks a bunch, though.
    Anyway to change the music of the specific battle? I plan on having a legendary pokemon activate like this, and I want to use a unique midi for it.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • How do I add my own pokemon? I'm new to scripting and I don't know how to do it.

Access the Pokemon file in the PBS subfolder of your game. Use another Pokemon's data as a template, and fool around with the moves, stats and name as you see fit.

However, name your Pokemon in all-caps so that the game can recognize it.

Then, you'll have to have a sprite and backsprite (as a base; you'll need shiny ones as well, but they're not immediately necessary. At worst, your game will have an error if you're absurdly lucky and run into a shiny fakemon.) for your fakemon.

I'd like to ask something.

I'm trying to make a double battle wherein you team up with Trainer A to fight Trainers B and C. I have the Register Partner script done, and it correctly identifies ID 1 for the Trainer (since it's the second team of that particular Trainer, it needs to have ID 1.), the Trainer list has him registered, and he has a backsprite (named aptly for the trainer ID as well), but when the command to add him as a partner is executed, I get an error. I can copy and paste the error if anyone needs it for reference.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I'm trying to make a double battle wherein you team up with Trainer A to fight Trainers B and C. I have the Register Partner script done, and it correctly identifies ID 1 for the Trainer (since it's the second team of that particular Trainer, it needs to have ID 1.), the Trainer list has him registered, and he has a backsprite (named aptly for the trainer ID as well), but when the command to add him as a partner is executed, I get an error. I can copy and paste the error if anyone needs it for reference.
    It always helps to copy-paste whatever errors you're getting, because 99% of the time that'll tell us exactly what's wrong and how to go about fixing it. As it stands, we're currently left wondering what might have gone wrong (and we also don't know what exactly you were trying to do when the error showed up - using "pbRegisterPartner"?). Further, if the error is caused by a bit of code you wrote, we'll likely need to see that as well so that we can diagnose it. (If you don't want to reveal it to everyone, you can PM someone you trust and who you think has the answer, and I'm sure they'll be happy to help.)

Also, since this is a question about Pokémon Essentials, I can think of at least one thread that would have been better suited for this question. But who am I to want to see people posting in the correct places? After all, we all enjoy the constant stream of newbies asking about hacks, right?

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • It always helps to copy-paste whatever errors you're getting, because 99% of the time that'll tell us exactly what's wrong and how to go about fixing it. As it stands, we're currently left wondering what might have gone wrong (and we also don't know what exactly you were trying to do when the error showed up - using "pbRegisterPartner"?). Further, if the error is caused by a bit of code you wrote, we'll likely need to see that as well so that we can diagnose it. (If you don't want to reveal it to everyone, you can PM someone you trust and who you think has the answer, and I'm sure they'll be happy to help.)

Also, since this is a question about Pokémon Essentials, I can think of at least one thread that would have been better suited for this question. But who am I to want to see people posting in the correct places? After all, we all enjoy the constant stream of newbies asking about hacks, right?

Spoiler:

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Spoiler:
    Okay, there's a syntax error, but I can't figure out anything more from that. What bit of code do you use to get this error?

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Sorry if it sounds like I'm being impatience but I've been waiting and waiting for my question to be answered.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    More information would help. What are you doing when you get the error? Can you quote the error to us?

It may also be a problem with your computer, rather than RPG Game Maker. I severely doubt I'd be able to help you with this anyway, but no one can if you don't give us all the information you can.

As for impatience, it's considered good for to wait more than a day before bumping your question. And I never get any of my questions answered, so imagine how I feel.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back