• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Help on choosing between sword and shield

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2020
    Does anyone know or think if there's gonna be a gts in sword and shield? Because I don't know if I should choose sword or shield. I was gonna choose sword but until I saw the Galar Ponyta , I have changed my mind but I also really want the sword legendary tho. last gen i used the gts to the alolan Vulpix. I heard wonder trade is coming back possibly but I don't know if there is a chance of getting them. What do you guys think I should get and do?

Years
    • Seen today
    You could wait until the version exclusives list on Serebii.net gets updated completely, and use that to make your choice. That's what I usually do when deciding which game to buy.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I recommend that you choose the one that you like, basically on feeling. I've chosen Sword, because I like the legendary.

Giliforge

haha funnny!!!1!
    Years
  • You could wait until the version exclusives list on Serebii.net gets updated completely, and use that to make your choice. That's what I usually do when deciding which game to buy.

Basically what he said, you shold pick the one with the most exclusives you like.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I would go with the version with your favorite legendary, as that's going to be harder to trade for than the version exclusives (as it can't breed, and people generally won't want to give theirs up). You already have an account on a Pokemon forum (this one), so you should be able to get people here to give you version exclusives if random trading ends up being a problem. I also wouldn't be surprised to see some kind souls give away version exclusives on surprise trade (the wonder trade replacement), so even though it's more annoying than visiting the GTS, I wouldn't be surprised if you could find some of the Pokemon you want once you do a few surprise trades.

Giliforge

haha funnny!!!1!
    Years
  • I would go with the version with your favorite legendary, as that's going to be harder to trade for than the version exclusives (as it can't breed, and people generally won't want to give theirs up). You already have an account on a Pokemon forum (this one), so you should be able to get people here to give you version exclusives if random trading ends up being a problem. I also wouldn't be surprised to see some kind souls give away version exclusives on surprise trade (the wonder trade replacement), so even though it's more annoying than visiting the GTS, I wouldn't be surprised if you could find some of the Pokemon you want once you do a few surprise trades.

Again, I agree with him. Another factor is what version your friends are getting (I'm getting Sword because my friends are getting Shield)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm having a hard time believing you'd be disappointed with either, tbh!

Back