• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyslayer

Banned
    Years
    skyslayer: you have many ways to do it. I'll show you one of them, ok?

Here we go:

1) For each event that will move, create a new Event Page and set it's move route. Also, make a switch for the event to happen. Take a look at the picture (important things are in red):

2) When you want the events to start walking, just set the condition on. To make them stop walking, set the condition off.

PS: In the picture, please ignore the last line on the List of Event Commands (Control Switches: [0001]...)

Just a general question,do I have to use the same switch for each event page condition or different switches??

Years
    A little help please?

On RPG Maker 2003, I try to import kyledove's tileset and it says invalid color depth. What should I do to prevent this from hapening?

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    If I want to put custom letters in a RMXP game, what can I do? I used a script that was able to put icons (from items, etc) in the message box, so I imported one letter as an icon, but I think icons had to be 24x24 or something like that, so there's too much space between letters. I think if it was a picture, it would work, but I don't know how to do this? Any idea, please?

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
    If I want to put custom letters in a RMXP game, what can I do? I used a script that was able to put icons (from items, etc) in the message box, so I imported one letter as an icon, but I think icons had to be 24x24 or something like that, so there's too much space between letters. I think if it was a picture, it would work, but I don't know how to do this? Any idea, please?

Well, you could have a custom font made, or make one yourself with the array of free font builders out there. Then, all you have to do is tell people to install the custom font.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    Everytime I go into my new city I made (completly new. New Connections and New Name and new way to get there) but everytime i go into it this happens

Help & Request Thread
    Help & Request Thread

And I dont know how to make it go away. I looked at the Map in Advanced map and those tiles arent there then. Also you cant walk threw them . They have a 1 movement tile event though its not like that on advanced map. What do I do

This is in Fire Red Version. And I used a blank map to make the map (evvi Isle 7 under by INI on Advance Map)

The game says nothing when it happens. It just doesnt let my walk threw them and sometimes freezes my game when i try to. How do I fix this?

Edit-------

Also all I did to this game was make this city and somewarps. Nothing like changing events or stuff yet.

Glitchfinder

Years
    Is there really something like that? Like which? What do I have to do?

Well, the first thing you have to do is search font creator or something like that in Google. Then, find a good one and use it to edit a default font to add the new symbol.

Everytime I go into my new city I made (completly new. New Connections and New Name and new way to get there) but everytime i go into it this happens

Help & Request Thread
    Help & Request Thread

And I dont know how to make it go away. I looked at the Map in Advanced map and those tiles arent there then. Also you cant walk threw them . They have a 1 movement tile event though its not like that on advanced map. What do I do

This is in Fire Red Version. And I used a blank map to make the map (evvi Isle 7 under by INI on Advance Map)

The game says nothing when it happens. It just doesnt let my walk threw them and sometimes freezes my game when i try to. How do I fix this?

Edit-------

Also all I did to this game was make this city and somewarps. Nothing like changing events or stuff yet.

Well, the first thing I'd do if I were you is ask for help on the right board. Try reading the board decriptions before posting.

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
    Years
    Hey, ive got a new Question now.
    Im currently using a run script (i belive its from one of the starter kits) and i want to add in a Sprite change (from the usual walking sprite to the running one)
    I belive i know where to insert the command (i just dont know the command) Ill post the script if it is needed.

Code:
    #==============================================================================
    #  ■  Dash Mode
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #    Near Fantastica
    #    09/12/04
    #=============================================================================

class Game_Player
     #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
     # ● Refer Update to Game Player
     alias game_player_update update
     # ● Update
     def update
       if Input.press?(Input::A)
         if moving?
           # If A Key press enter dash mode
           # reduce dash level
           @move_speed=5
           @restore = false
           end
           @sec = (@timer / Graphics.frame_rate)%30
           if @sec == 0
             if @dash_level != 0
               @dash_level -= 1
               @timer = 45 # Timer Count
             end
           end
           if @dash_level == 0
             @move_speed=4
           end
       else
         # restore dash level
         @move_speed=4
         @reduce = false
         end
         if @sec == 0
           if @dash_level != 5
             @dash_level+= 1
             @timer = 60 # Timer Count
           end
         end
       game_player_update
     end
    end

#  ■  Game Character
    #    Add Initialization of Dash Mode Varibles

class Game_Character
     # ● Refer Initialization to Game Character
     alias dash_mode_initialize initialize
     # ● Initialization
     def initialize
       @restore = false
       @reduce= false
       @timer = 0
       @dash_level = 5
       @sec = 0
       dash_mode_initialize
     end
    end
    I would relly like to know the command if you know it.
    Thanks for any help you can provide.
    DMC BDA

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Could you explain better your question?

@Demonic Budha: I'm using this command on my Run script and it works just fine.

Code:
    $game_player.character_name = "name_of_the_run_charset"

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    Hey, ive got a new Question now.
    Im currently using a run script (i belive its from one of the starter kits) and i want to add in a Sprite change (from the usual walking sprite to the running one)
    I belive i know where to insert the command (i just dont know the command) Ill post the script if it is needed.

Code:
    #  ■  Dash Mode
    #    Near Fantastica
    #    09/12/04

class Game_Player
     # ● Refer Update to Game Player
     alias game_player_update update
     # ● Update
     def update
       if Input.press?(Input::A)
         if moving?
           # If A Key press enter dash mode
           # reduce dash level
           @move_speed=5
           @restore = false
           end
           if @sec == 0
             if @dash_level != 0
               @dash_level -= 1
               @timer = 45 # Timer Count
             end
           end
           if @dash_level == 0
             @move_speed=4
           end
       else
         # restore dash level
         @move_speed=4
         @reduce = false
         end
         if @sec == 0
           if @dash_level != 5
             @dash_level+= 1
             @timer = 60 # Timer Count
           end
         end
       game_player_update
     end
    end

#  ■  Game Character
    #    Add Initialization of Dash Mode Varibles

class Game_Character
     # ● Refer Initialization to Game Character
     alias dash_mode_initialize initialize
     # ● Initialization
     def initialize
       @restore = false
       @reduce= false
       @timer = 0
       @dash_level = 5
       @sec = 0
       dash_mode_initialize
     end
    end
    I would relly like to know the command if you know it.
    Thanks for any help you can provide.
    DMC BDA

Put '@character_name = "PICTURE"'
    to change the current sprite to PICTURE

If you want, I have one ready that increases your speed and changes your sprite only if you are moving, so the character doesn't have its running sprite while stationary. Would you like that?

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2007
    in pkm game,player run never fell tired,so we can do this by Event:
    @Condition Branch: The Z Button is being pressed
    @>Set Move Route: Player
    : :$>Change Speed: 5 ( or 6 )
    @>
    : Else
    @>Set Move Route: Player
    : :$>Change Speed: 4
    @>
    :Branch End
    @>

Someone can give me script pokemon catch and pokemon battle system ?

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
    Years
    Awsome, ive managed to get it going with your help.
    Thanks Azura and Shiney Umbreon for the help.
    It is greatly appriciated.
    DMC BDA

Glitchfinder

Years
    On RPG_Maker XP, how do you add text to your game?

Do you mean the command to add text, or is the text not displaying? If you mean the command, you open the event commands page, and it is the option on the top left of the first page. If you mean the text isn't displaying, just install the font that RPG Maker XP uses, or add a script that changes the default font. Check one of my posts a couple of pages back on this thread, and you should see the script and instructions.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    Well, the first thing you have to do is search font creator or something like that in Google. Then, find a good one and use it to edit a default font to add the new symbol.

I found something called FontForge but it's too difficult to install and you have to do lots of things. Do you know of any other free font modifier? Thanks for the info anyway.

Glitchfinder

Years
    I found something called FontForge but it's too difficult to install and you have to do lots of things. Do you know of any other free font modifier? Thanks for the info anyway.

Well, I have an old one on my old computer, lemme see...

OK, It's called Font Creator, and It's by High-Logic. It ain't free, but from what I remember, the trial version has full functionality.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back