• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Here's the Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tofu-scrambler

small independent marshmallow
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 19, 2015
Haha, I get a lot of outfit/drawing idea from Gaia Online. Not really active on there, but it's a nice dress up game.
Spoiler:

I on one side like how diverse I am, but also get mad at myself because I think I need to focus on thing instead of a bunch of different things at one.

oh man really? haha! i remember gaia! i used to go on there back in my middle school days, that's cool to see that it's still around. some of the outfits on there are pretty nice, so i can see how that would give you inspiration! oh and i know exactly what you mean, i think that being diverse doesn't hurt necessarily though as long as you enjoy what you're doing, it allows you to play around with and explore a lot of different things and find out what you really like. but there are also pros to focusing on one thing and getting good at it as well. i suppose it depends. c: i think it's really cool how versatile you are, though!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I am so jealous of your amazing pixel art! There's so much detail in so little space. You're making amazing use of the canvas. And I really like the drawings too. The designs are very vivid and the colours work really well

Years
:O Those pixel art sprites are fantastic!!
I am so jealous of your amazing pixel art! There's so much detail in so little space. You're making amazing use of the canvas. And I really like the drawings too. The designs are very vivid and the colours work really well

Man, thank you guys so much! : ) It means a lot right now. I just get so impatient with pixel art, but I've been trying to go back. I just haven't had a project for them in awhile.

boboho

Banned
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Dec 10, 2015
My knowledge of Pokemon intensified after joining this forum

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
Years
WOW. Amazing update, Nina! It really shows how long the pixel art process can be. Haven't tried it myself, but I do know it can take quite a while to get everything the way it should be. 72 hours... I can't imagine dedicating that much time to pixels, haha. I'd probably go crazy or something. Gorgeous work, as always.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Oh man, that's adorable. It has a very peculiar style, and you pull it off so well! It looks really original, while still staying very true to the original

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Thanks for the comments guys!

It's not a true update, but I was looking through old stuff so I might as well show a comparison shot here! If anyone is worried about not being good enough when they start out...don't be.

[snipp]

With the color pallets on the pixel ones, I'm not saying using a small amount of colors is inherently better, but it does take some control to limit your colors and match with other shades.

The water reflection in the 2009 piece is so cute!! I'd really love to see you do a draw-again-meme of that one with your new 2016 skills!! Especially since I really enjoyed watched the speed pixel of the Cleffa-- really interesting to see your process!

The headshot pixels look great too-- very retro haha! Though I think it would help if you added a highlight color-- It's hard for me to describe but I feel like there's just not enough "shine" on it, you know? Either adding a highlight color or, since I know you like limiting your color palettes on pixel works, maybe limiting the use of the lightest shade of pink to the upper half of her hair? That said, I definitely like it better without the strand of shading in the middle- it looks nice in large solid pieces IMO! I also think it would help if you nudged the mouth over to the right about 3 pixels? Right now it seems a bit too far to the left!

I hope your week improves Nina! ;v;;/ Really looking forward to the next update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back