• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Here's the Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
Oh Nina I really like this one.

I would going to hug her ( Joke)

But the drawing is even better if you put some background shade XD

Years
Brownish colour shade and the light source is from upper right.

Do you mean a direction shadow on the background being cast by the figure, or do you mean actual shading on the figure itself?
I thought you meant just a background color, which I could get behind, however I think adding any dark shading would ruin the light pastel feeling that the image has.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Ahh Nina this latest piece looks really lovely! The looseness really works with the way the flowers have been drawn in a way where I feel like it looks neat instead of messy like usual-- and the nice crisp green tones are really refreshing. It's probably just a sketch, but the unpolishedness is quite charming here!

Years
Ahh Nina this latest piece looks really lovely! The looseness really works with the way the flowers have been drawn in a way where I feel like it looks neat instead of messy like usual-- and the nice crisp green tones are really refreshing. It's probably just a sketch, but the unpolishedness is quite charming here!

Yeah, it's just supposed to be a sketch so I can make it into a real illustration later, but I really do like the way it looks right now!

Years
As a King and self proclaimed sub admin (maybe someday after a millenium lol) i checked Nina san's artwork and i can say some words about it. First of all, i could say that you are a big fan of Super Mario probably since you like to make flowers with mouth reminded me of petey piranha lol. Secondly, 50 hours per week? So under my royal command i name you Mikaela (Michelangelo female lol) you seem to like art a lot and your passion can be seen behind the essence of each art which is very cool in my opinion. Pure and nice art Nina san grats! Keep it like that and don't you ever change :)

P.S If you feel flattered about my words np almost every girl feels like that lol. Anyway, good luck for the future arts Nina! And i'm sorry that i'm not good at judging art like other people :(

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
Your art is so lovely, I adore your style. And your cupcakes look amazing!

Also - holy improvement! Your 2005 vs now is AMAZING. Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Pretty much made no progress at all on this image, just redid the clouds from my WIP in the WPC. Posting it over here because I don't feel like triple posting!

Uxw3NM5.png
wip 01

IkFsszo.png
wip 02

Keep it up with this because it's a nice little scene. I find I don't improve much unless I actually finish my WIP's for the most part. I can see this one being a pretty tough piece to tidy up and fill out but it has enough potential to be worth it. Stick with your first colour palette too, the hues are nice but certainly considering adding some shifting to the purple ground to add more detail. This is one scene I'd love to see finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back