• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hero of the Day OOC THread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
    Hey, Billie, uh... I wanted you to know that you failed to acknowledge Travis (SamuraiMaster's char) who had just talked to us (Tobias and Autumn) when your char left to convince Rusell... who is outside Talking to John if I'm not mistaken. So I'm holding my next post for a while to see how this turns out.

Also, there are two trainers who haven't had much action since they got into the Lab, the first being Keoni with his Cubone, and the second being K.R, who had called in for a battle. Should we go a bit slower?

Or maybe I'm just being too picky with the timeline. You guys have more experience, so I'll shut up and hide behind a corner for a while:nervous:

P.D.: it would be a shame if you have to leave us, S.A. Can you PM SamuraiMaster and explain your situation? Maybe he can explain what can be done. And, Rabbit, it all depends on whether the gamemaster has approved your signup. In any case, read the story so far. It's getting interesting, with the first traces of travel groups and rivalries becoming apparent.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    I haven't made a sign-up. xD;; Too much homework at the moment. In fact I'm studying for a test as I write this. Maybe tomorrow...

Sir Aaron1017

Psychic Master
    Years
    Hey, Billie, uh... I wanted you to know that you failed to acknowledge Travis (SamuraiMaster's char) who had just talked to us (Tobias and Autumn) when your char left to convince Rusell... who is outside Talking to John if I'm not mistaken. So I'm holding my next post for a while to see how this turns out.

Also, there are two trainers who haven't had much action since they got into the Lab, the first being Keoni with his Cubone, and the second being K.R, who had called in for a battle. Should we go a bit slower?

Or maybe I'm just being too picky with the timeline. You guys have more experience, so I'll shut up and hide behind a corner for a while:nervous:

P.D.: it would be a shame if you have to leave us, S.A. Can you PM SamuraiMaster and explain your situation? Maybe he can explain what can be done. And, Rabbit, it all depends on whether the gamemaster has approved your signup. In any case, read the story so far. It's getting interesting, with the first traces of travel groups and rivalries becoming apparent.

I had thought about it, but we'll see how it goes after I move tomorrow. I'll let you all know as soon as I can how things are going and if I can stay in the RPG. Thanks for the concern Solovino!

edit* my computer is AMAZING! I opened the program I was using to type my post before it crashed, and it now says it autosaved it! I DIDN'T KNOW TILL NOW! I'll fix it and post it in a few minutes! WAHOO!!!!!! this is pretty freaking cool! lol

Last edited:
    Years

Don't worry, I caught up. we can keep going at this speed. :)

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    I've got no clue how I'm supposed to jump in without seeming weird, anyone got any ideas?

Venia Silente

Years
    Hey, Slytherfang.

I think it would be good if you check the last three or so posts back in the RP, as they explain the current situation pretty much well. Some posts ago I described here (OOC) the recent situations between the chars, and you can go check some posts to get an idea what is everyone doing at Dr. Oak's lab.

Take some simple notes (eg.: "Autumn went to talk to Tobias" or so) and don't stress yourself, just try to come natural. That can help you better place your character ack into action, which I hope will happen soon. After all, your character has a Treecko if I'm not mistaken, and Grass starters FTW. yay! Poké-types flamewar:D

billie_lightning

Lightning Queen
    Years

1. I edited the post to acknowledge Travis
    2. Kansas' character is currently planning his next move and doesn't appear to be talking to anyone
    3. We should definitely go slower when it comes to posts. There are so many people it's insane. It's overwhelming. Story wise, we need to get moving. If I don't leave Pallet in the next post I'm going to be very frustrated.
    Kansas and I decided to travel together. Whoever wants to come should say so ;)
    4. If people want to see more action they can initiate it. ^_^ That's what I do.

Over and out *makes walkie talkie sound*

Well, if you feel like the roleplay is too crowded, I won't try to intrude.
    I'm sorry. =[ I didn't mean to sound....
    well, you know what I mean. There's just SO many people in this RP already.
    But it's not my decision, so write a sign up if ya want ^_^

Last edited:

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    I'm thinking of approaching Taro, since he hasn't had a ton of interaction with others yet (Then again, neither have I, but whatever) Woah, that was a somewhat tough post to write.

Venia Silente

Years
    billie_lightning said:
    1. I edited the post to acknowledge Travis
    2. Kansas' character is currently planning his next move and doesn't appear to be talking to anyone
    3. We should definitely go slower when it comes to posts. There are so many people it's insane. It's overwhelming. Story wise, we need to get moving. If I don't leave Pallet in the next post I'm going to be very frustrated.
    Kansas and I decided to travel together. Whoever wants to come should say so ;)
    4. If people want to see more action they can initiate it. ^_^ That's what I do.

Interesting. Tobias will try to convince Travis to travel with us. If that works we'll be four, else we'll be three, he'm joining Autumn and Rusell ALL THE WAY!

I concur with the idea of going a bit slower, maybe using some time here at the OOC thread to do some midscale planning, such as: taking notes what will be the parties and where will they head first, so that the next posters don't get too lost.

Or maybe checking on some details of the RP that we are going to face eventually, such as the Gym challenges. I don't think Brock is going to be very happy facing three (or worse, FOUR) trainers with type advantage in-a-row. So maybe parties will have to split challenges, and thus badges. You know, stuff like that.

I'm going to post now to get our group on the roll, and then await for some time that the other characters can progress with their story, too.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    I'm sorry. =[ I didn't mean to sound....
    well, you know what I mean. There's just SO many people in this RP already.
    But it's not my decision, so write a sign up if ya want ^_^

Well, I know what you mean. The larger a roleplay gets, the harder it is to get everyone posting in sync. And I can't seem to get a character jumpstarted, so I'll pass this one over. Hopefully someone from this roleplay will make a new one soon, right? :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    hm an ooc... this'll be my subscribing post i guess. Theres so many people in this RP its making it hard to keep track of who i'm with...but i've still got high hopes for this many people

Years
    Yeah, its a bit tough to keep up but its going somewhat smoothly. Maybe there should be just two groups to make things easier instead of having a whole bunch of little groups that will make things confusing. For example, what if half the people that do gyms and half the people that do contests shoul be in one group and the other half that do gyms and/or contest be in another group.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    i think the smaller groups are fine. It'll be confusing but once we RP together longer and learn eachother's characters and style it wont be hard. Having a bunch of mini sub plots would be really interesting in my vote. the anime has a lot of mini sub plots and they're usually really fun to watch

Venia Silente

Years
    The only ones I'm aware they're still inside the lab are the Cubone boy (I think Keoni is the name), Waverly and Travis (who are finishing thei chat), and Tobias (who is about to leave with Autumn). I may be mistaken, however.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back