• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hero of the Day OOC THread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    Tis is the Hero Of The Day OOC THread. DIscuss out of character stuf here. You know the drill...

lorddarigarn

Bane of Optomism
    Years
    Hi, everyone. SM, I'm stuck doing this history essay on Henry VII for Monday. I should have some spare time this evening, but could things in the RP be kept so I can come in later today?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'd like to join before this gets off to a big start:

Name: Grey Roy and Scarlett Roy (Twins)
    Appearence: Grey has bright red hair, despite his dark and quiet pesonality. He is rather tall for his age, around 5'6". He has multiple frecles dotting his face, and bright green eyes. His hair is neatly combed and has collar-long hair, over his ears and eyebrows. He wears a black shirt along with a white undershirt. He has long, worn out jeans, which cover the tops of his black sneakers.
    ---
    Scarlett has red bright hair, perfectly descibing her sparky personality. She shortly follows her brother in height, being 5'4". She has frecles, but not nearly as many as her twin brother. Her bright green-yellow eyes reveal the never stopping gears turning in her head. Her hair is waist long, and goes along greatly with her bright orange spagetthi stap shirt. She normally wears jean-shorts, and wouldn't be caught dead wearing long pants. She wears white, spotless sneakers.
    Personality: Grey is shy, but opens up only to his Pokemon and his sister; while Scarlett is open about her problems, emotionally and physically. The two are as different as night and day. Their personalities show up in their Pokemon choises. (due to grow with development of story)
    History: Grey and Scarlett have lived their whole lives in Pallet Town. They have had an uneventful life, and hope that it can change soon. The main event of their lives was very sad and terrible. When they were little, their parents were mysteriously killed by a hate organization. Ever since they have been taken care of by the professor's assistant, Raleigh. They want not only to set out to have a great journey, but to find out who killed their parents. The journey ahead of them will be emotionally and physically chalenging for the pboth of them.
    Strengthes: They have a strong sence of twin-telepathy, being able to feel pain if the other gets hurt, and they usually have the same dreams.
    Hometown: Pallet
    Popularity: Grey, on a scale of one to ten would be a three among his and his sisters' peers. Scarlett would be rewarded with quite the opposite of Grey, reciveing a strong 9.
    Starter choice: Plusle [Scarlett] Minun [Grey]
    Your Dream/Intro Post:
    Grey was standing before a big, screaming crowd, flanked by his sister Scarlett.
    "We welcome Grey Roy and Scarlett Roy," a man over a loud intercom was saying, "These two are the new champions of the Hoenn Region League!
    A loud cheer bursted out from the crowd.
    "More information about the two will be released later, but first we must watch them battle the best known Pokemon trainer in Hoenn: Champion Steven Stone!"
    Another burst of cheers from the crowd. After they quited down, all eyes were turned to Grey and Scarlett. They walked onto the battling field, to find Steven Stone waiting.
    "And the match starts! Six on six, double battle! Trainers, send out your Pokemon!"
    Grey released his Minun, and Scarlett her Plusle. These two would be weak to Steven's steel, but hopefuly they could cope. Steven sent out his Armaldo and Craydilly. Lucky, Grey thought.
    "Thunder! On Armaldo!" screamed Scarlett.
    "Agility!" Grey said.
    "Ouch! Armaldo has been hit by a powerful thuder attack! And Minun uses agility. Will this affect later gameplay?"
    "Armaldo, slash! Cradily, confuse ray!"
    "Plusle has been hit by a powerful attack! Oh, no! The Plusle fainted! And it looks as if Minun is confused" the moderator said.

"Grey! Scarlett! Wake up, you have a big day ahead of you!" Raleigh said.
    Grey woke up with a start. He looked at the time.
    10:00
    "Crap," he muttered to himself.
    He was going to be late to start his journey. He quickly went through his morning ritual: shower, dress, brush teeth, etc. His hair was untidy, but it would do. He grabbed his backpack with all of his necesities. Then he went to go get Scarlett. She was sleeping in, her usual. He shook her awake.
    "Whaaa..." she said.
    "Wake up! I'm assuming you had the same dream I did?"
    "Oh, ya," she bolted upright,"Leave, let me get ready!"
    Grey left her alone, then went downstairs, where Raleigh would have breakfast waiting.
    "Raleigh, why didn't you wake us earlier!"
    "I tried, but I had to leave to get the other kids' their Pokemon. I knew that after the last kid got theirs, you were still asleep."
    Scarlett was rushing down the stairs, and out the door.
    "Get your breakfast!" but it was no use, she was long gone.
    "Well, I guess I've got to go."
    Grey was out of the door, followed by Raleigh.
    "So, which Pokemon were you wanting to take?"
    "I think I've decided on Minun, and Scarlett wants Plusle. Great duo, aye?"
    "Ya,"
    They made it into the Lab.
    "Hello, Scarlett and Grey! You can now choose your Pokemon!" Professor Oak said.

Last edited:

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    I hope I'm not too late to join!

Name: Vivian Lunair

Appearance: Vivian has long, waist-length, chestnut brown hair that she wears loosely, held in place with a sparkly blue headband. She has two thin braids running through her hair, one at each side of her face. She has a tall, slim figure. Her eyes are a deep, cerulean blue. She wears a sleeveless shirt that matches the colour of her eyes. Over it, she wears a light white cardigan. She also wears a short, plaid skirt and white socks. On her feet are white ballet slippers. On her neck is her most prized possession, a golden necklace in the shape of a seashell. She ocasionally completes with dangling golden star earrings.

Personality: Vivian is generally outgoing, bold and effectively, rude. She doesn't hesitate to speak her mind, even if it might hurt others' feelings. Her greatest weapon is her mouth, with which she can talk back to anybody. She is an expert when it comes to making snide comments or sharp insults. However, she is not unkind. She simply dislikes it when somebody is rude to her, therefore she has learned to talk back. She also implies a rebellious attitude towards whoever treats her like a child, such as her parents and teachers of her school. But, if a guenuinely caring person who appreciates her approaches her, she can be very kind to said person, as well as loyal.

History: As a small child, her parents had found her lying in a field, apparently unconscious. They took her in, and were delighted to discover that she was incredibly intelligent and clever. They adopted her and treated her with unending kindness, to the point of spoiling her. The Lunair family, in fact, owned a large company called Minerettes, which mined and sold rare minerals and gemstones. As the years passed, however, Vivian became aware that people thought of her only as the 'beautiful step-daughter of the owners of Minerettes', and not as herself. This led her to gain a rebellious personality. Many of the children in her school wanted to be friends with 'someone who owned that big jewel company', a fact that led Vivian to be friendless at school. She wanted a true friend, one that would appreciate her for who she was, not her heritage or her intelligence, in her parents' case.

Dream: As mentioned above, Vivian wants a companion who will appreciate her for who she is. She thinks that if people wouldn't accept her, maybe Pokemon will. That is why she sets out on a Pokemon journey, to make Pokemon friends, since she has no human ones.

Preferred Starter: Do you think she could have a Pichu instead of a Pikachu? If not, then a female Pikachu.

Intro:

Light shone in from Vivian's window. She blinked, trying to clear her fuzzy vision after a good night's sleep. Her heart leapt as she remembered that today was the day she embarked on her journey, the day she might actually meet a friend...With that thought, she sprang to her feet, quickly changed into her favorite outfit and left the room, leaving her bed and closet a mess, knowing her parents would clean it later. She mumbled a 'good morning' to her parents and gulped down a breakfast of bacon and eggs. After putting her plate in the sink, she told her parents a quick good-bye, who responded by bursting into tears and hugging her, saying how they would miss her, though Vivian thought she heard: '...we'll miss you and your grades so much...', much to her digust. She managed to break away from them after ten minutes of wailing and sobbing, and headed towards the entrance. She hastily put on her ballet slippers, yanked the door open, and ran outside, not bothering to close the door behind her. And now she headed towards the lab...

Yeah, I know the intro's short, but it's my bedtime in ten minutes and I haven't got much time. >_>

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
    Hey people (billie_lightning, Shadowfaith), good to see your characters are already in the lab. My character got in there now, but had to ask out to wake up SM's char, who seems to have fallen :sleeping:. I'll have my character apologize later for not even saying hello :laugh:

Nice to see this is starting.

chi-zukasi: the idea of Plusle-Minun soundas interesting. Let's see how does it unravel if the GM approves of your char sheet. Best of lucks!

More yay! All the Kanto and Johto starters are in :D

Venia Silente

Years
    Of course it's funny. I like to think that's part of the idea for a good RP: to get the characters to know each other, confirming or rejecting their first impressions as it is in real life. All the more for the added realism.

Oh and I'll wait to see her in the battlefield. As a partner, I hope. Grass starters FTW!

billie_lightning

Lightning Queen
    Years
    lol. Yeah, I was gonna see if Kansas' char would travel with me, but the three of us would be the coolest trio. lol.
    So random. Your shy character (correct me if I'm wrong), my grumpy character, and Kansas' nerdy character. Stuff would definitely go down.
    ^_^

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
    Hm, I probably should have made Waverly acknowledge you guys characters more than just a smile and wave, but that's kind of part of her personality. xD

She's always sort of in a hurry and not paying attention to anything else but the task at hand.

Venia Silente

Years
    Don't worry, Candy. It had to be: if this is like the Anime, Oak's Lab's backyard is a really huge open area. So maybe your chara will need a little help getting Eevee back. That has the potential to become quite a challenging task. Maybe other charas will join to help? *glares at the Totodile:nervous:*

Besides I did pretty much the same. Tobias (my char) acknowledged the other charas, but only took a glance at one of them, and did not say hi to anyone, he just rushed past by. I'll get to correct that once my chara can wake up SM's, they both have to yet receive their Starters!

Welcome, BTW.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    Fall Play again. Sorry for late post lol.

Anyway, Shadowfaith, I already approved your second character.

Venia Silente

Years
    Hey, SamuraiMaster, it's good to see I managed to wake your character up!

So we're all almost in. I happen to notice there is no Fire stater yet. WHat gives? I would like to hear from lorddarigarn and Got-a-Plan-B soon...

Oh well, their chars would lose all sanity when they get to the Lab :laugh:. So far we have a (apparently) soccer-playing Totodile, a chasing Chikorita, a lot of sound from machines, a Cubone, with everyting that implies, an Eeve on the loose in the backyard, a Munchlax, at least a Squirtle and a Bulbasaur to yet to be released from their Poké Balls, and of course all of their trainers. Man the place seems tobe a bit crowded:knockedou !

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
    Don't worry, Candy. It had to be: if this is like the Anime, Oak's Lab's backyard is a really huge open area. So maybe your chara will need a little help getting Eevee back. That has the potential to become quite a challenging task. Maybe other charas will join to help? *glares at the Totodile:nervous:*

Besides I did pretty much the same. Tobias (my char) acknowledged the other charas, but only took a glance at one of them, and did not say hi to anyone, he just rushed past by. I'll get to correct that once my chara can wake up SM's, they both have to yet receive their Starters!

Welcome, BTW.

Yeah, you're right. :) Thanks!

I can't wait til we all start our journey too. It should be quite interesting. Are we all travelling together though? It seems like a really big group if that's true.

I wouldn't mind it though, but the police officers in the region might think we're some kind of gang or something. xD

lorddarigarn

Bane of Optomism
    Years
    Don't worry, Candy. It had to be: if this is like the Anime, Oak's Lab's backyard is a really huge open area. So maybe your chara will need a little help getting Eevee back. That has the potential to become quite a challenging task. Maybe other charas will join to help? *glares at the Totodile *

Lol. Yeah, just go blame it all on the Totodile. That's just specieist. What did he do, it wasn't his fault?!? (looks around shiftily) I can just see how this ones going to go...

Spoiler:

Personally, I'd love to go around with some people, but I'll go with whatever comes up. The idea of three or five separate groups going off and developing their own inter-group rivalries seems appealing but, if we go for the whole gang thing, I'll go fetch my leather jacket and some hair gel! Just for the purpose of getting into character, of coouurse.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back