• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    Hi. Ok. I've been everywhere in the Goldenrod city. I couldn't find a way in the gym. There is a girl standing in front of it. I was wondering what is the first step that you do in Goldenrod city. I've been through the national park and there is no way out in there. Its a dead end. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. I'm having a problem.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    You have to go to the Radio Tower and talk to the red-haired assistant next to Whitney. Answer her questions correctly and Whitney will return to the gym.

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
    Years
    Ok, so ...

I've gotten the Seals Case and I've gotten all of the Seals I can today from the girl at the barn and the girl by the lighthouse. I logged into my PC (not Bill's) and started experimenting with decorating the PokèBalls.

My question is:
    How do I know which ball I'm decorating? I clicked on this weird-looking "button" on the bottom-left of my screen and it showed me my Vulpix (current leader of my party) and said, "Confirming ..." on every single PokèBall. I don't get it? I don't understand what the "button" is and I don't know how to figure out which ball I'm spiffying.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    The ball capsules don't fit to a specific ball until you assign it to one. When it displays the animation, it uses your lead Pokémon as an example, but technically the capsule isn't assigned to any specific ball. When you click on the capsule to Edit it, there should be a "Set" option, which is when you choose a Pokémon in your party whose Pokéball gets the capsule.

Years
    Hi I have a question. I'm playing pokemon soul silver right now. Right my time zone is awkward. Like right now its 11:20 p.m. eastern time in real life and in the game it is day time. I was like wtf. Does anyone know how to change the time zone like in real life? If so I need some help. Thanks. Then when I play my game in the morning and hootoo always shows up. I was like what the heck. I don't like the time zone.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    Hi I have a question. I'm playing pokemon soul silver right now. Right my time zone is awkward. Like right now its 11:20 p.m. eastern time in real life and in the game it is day time. I was like wtf. Does anyone know how to change the time zone like in real life? If so I need some help. Thanks. Then when I play my game in the morning and hootoo always shows up. I was like what the heck. I don't like the time zone.
    Ok the time on your ds is the time in the game so you can change it that way
    cool if i helped =)

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    It seems like you have the wrong time set on your actual DS.
    You'll have to turn it off (save of course :P), and on the main DS menu, where you choose to pick a game or pictochat, there will be a little DS icon under the GBA game box. Click it and on the next screen click the Clock and Calendar icon, and then the clock icon on the left to change your DS's time.

edit: ninja'd :D beat me :K

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
    Years

You need to change the clock on your DS!

1) Turn your DS on.
    2) Get to the Home Screen with your game, Pictochat, Download Play, etc. on it.
    3) Click the very small button that looks like your DS in the center at the bottom of our Home Screen. This will open a screen that has 4 colored buttons at the bottom of it.
    4) Click the blue button with the clock and calendar on it.
    5) Push the button at the right with the clock on it (not the alarm clock). This will prompt you to enter the current time.
    6) Enter your time of day and - tada!

Let me know if you have any trouble!

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    Was wondering if someone could help this noob get past the Champion ? Basically I am totally new to the series (120 hours in sapphire, 35 in HG), and don't want to have to grind and grind and grind for days and weeks in my vacation time so I can beat 2 or 3 of lance's pokemon.

Looking for someone to take pity upon me and trade me a couple L100 pokemon with diverse movesets so I can clobber this guy once and for all. I want to get into the post-game stuff and Lance is in my way. I don't even know exactly where to go to meet and receive trades; but i take instruction quickly and accurately.

Cloned or hacked is fine, I just want to get into the postgame and pal-park so i can work towards catching them all.

Can anyone PM or mail me and help me out ? I don't have anything extraordinary to trade, which is why i'm ok with hacks and clones.

Thanks ,
    J

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    Was wondering if someone could help this noob get past the Champion ? Basically I am totally new to the series (120 hours in sapphire, 35 in HG), and don't want to have to grind and grind and grind for days and weeks in my vacation time so I can beat 2 or 3 of lance's pokemon.

Looking for someone to take pity upon me and trade me a couple L100 pokemon with diverse movesets so I can clobber this guy once and for all. I want to get into the post-game stuff and Lance is in my way. I don't even know exactly where to go to meet and receive trades; but i take instruction quickly and accurately.

Cloned or hacked is fine, I just want to get into the postgame and pal-park so i can work towards catching them all.

Can anyone PM or mail me and help me out ? I don't have anything extraordinary to trade, which is why i'm ok with hacks and clones.

Thanks ,
    J
    I'm sure someone here is going to be able to help out, I'd love to help out but I currently don't have my DS.

It's pretty simple to start trading, first you must have your first badge, which you obviously already have. Now go to any Pokémon Center and go downstairs, as soon as you enter downstairs a lady will give you the Pal Pad (this is where you find your Friend Code, and where you add people's FC's to trade/battle/etc) which is necessary to do any interaction online.

Now that you have it, go to the lady in the middle, which is the WiFi Area where you trade with people. She is going to ask you to save your game. After you're done saving, you'll log into WiFi, but the first time it's going to be to get your FC (Friend Code) which you will need to give it to people to trade. After you have done all the steps to connect to WiFi, it's going to disconnect you. Now you have your FC which you can find in your Pal Pad. Now you're ready to trade, all you need is to add the FC of the person who you are going to trade. I hope that wasn't confusing. Good luck.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    Quite helpful! Thanks Eohnex :) For the welcome AND the assistance here.
    I just placed my HG friend ID in my sig so that's a good first step. The big question i had you cleared up by telling me where to meet friends, as I had completely forgotten after getting my ID some time ago. There are so many places that allow you to do online stuff I lose track of them all. I didn't want to have someone offer to help and then leave them hanging as I wander around looking for the trade area, lol.

So, you've been a great help :) I'm guessing I can only receive trades that i've already seen or caught in my dex ? IE: I've never seen a giratina for example, so i can't receive one. Or is that only true in GTS ?

My primary concern is wasting others' time, which I really don't want to do.

Thanks again Eohnex !

J

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    Quite helpful! Thanks Eohnex :) For the welcome AND the assistance here.
    I just placed my HG friend ID in my sig so that's a good first step. The big question i had you cleared up by telling me where to meet friends, as I had completely forgotten after getting my ID some time ago. There are so many places that allow you to do online stuff I lose track of them all. I didn't want to have someone offer to help and then leave them hanging as I wander around looking for the trade area, lol.

So, you've been a great help :) I'm guessing I can only receive trades that i've already seen or caught in my dex ? IE: I've never seen a giratina for example, so i can't receive one. Or is that only true in GTS ?

My primary concern is wasting others' time, which I really don't want to do.

Thanks again Eohnex !

J
    No problem, glad I could help out. You should look at some trading threads, a few of them have some free Lv.100 Pokémon.

Regarding the question of trading Pokémon that only appeared in your Pokédex is only in GTS. But it's not the case in WiFi ("personal trading"), you can trade any Pokémon you want and vice-versa.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    No problem, glad I could help out. You should look at some trading threads, a few of them have some free Lv.100 Pokémon.

Regarding the question of trading Pokémon that only appeared in your Pokédex is only in GTS. But it's not the case in WiFi ("personal trading"), you can trade any Pokémon you want and vice-versa.

Wow, that sounds good. I will see if I can track them down in the trading forum. I've been lurking there for awhile trying to get a grasp on this stuff. I just registered a random person in my pal pad so i could go in and check out the trade/battle area, i know where to go now and what to do, thanks so much.

That is GREAT news that you can trade without dex knowledge between trainers. I guess it makes sense really if you follow it logically. I can't ask for a pokemon that i don't know exists (GTS), but someone else can easily have something I'm "unaware" of (Trainer to Trainer).

Thanks (again!)
    J

Mumfie

Norwegian penguin!
    Years
    Yeah it's possible.

Pokemon that can learn the move Mimic via lvl up - Jigglypuff, Mr.Mime, Bonsly, Mime Jr, Chatot, Sudowoodo. Pokemon that can learn it via breeding - Mime Jr, Cleffa and Mr.Mime.

Thanks!

So if I get this right it's not possible to get the TM for this move in HG?

Back