• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    Hi, hope this in the right thread. D:

I've EV trained this Forretress:

Forretress
    Sturdy
    Relaxed
    252 HP/112 Attack/144 Def

~ Gyro Ball
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Explosion
    ~ Payback

For competitive battling and wonder what is the best choice of item to put on it? Most places seem to recommend shed shell, but wouldn't an iron ball/lagging tail be more useful/do these effect Gyro Ball? Would benefit payback too. Also, should I replace Explosion with something else, such as Iron Defence?

Cheers. :D

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    For competitive battling and wonder what is the best choice of item to put on it? Most places seem to recommend shed shell, but wouldn't an iron ball/lagging tail be more useful/do these effect Gyro Ball? Would benefit payback too. Also, should I replace Explosion with something else, such as Iron Defence?

Cheers. :D
    When using Gyro Ball you really should have a 0 Spe IV to make sure you can finish off your opponent after LO/SR damage. Shed Shell or Leftovers are still best for Forretress.

Years
    I don't have the patience to breed for IVs, I don't even know what his is >.< lol Just hoping for the best, and I already have Leftovers on another team member so guess I'll stick with Shed Shell.

Years
    Sigh. Right now I only have noctowl at lvl 34 and feraligator at lvl 36. I only have two pokemon as a team right now. I'm still having a hard time choosing what I want. My first pc box is full. I couldn't choose. lol. Any help would be nice.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    Sigh. Right now I only have noctowl at lvl 34 and feraligator at lvl 36. I only have two pokemon as a team right now. I'm still having a hard time choosing what I want. My first pc box is full. I couldn't choose. lol. Any help would be nice.
    You should definitely add Ampharos to your team. It's a great electric type Pokémon and it has Thunder Wave which comes pretty handy later in the game. Don't know which version of the game you have, but seeing that you choose Totodile as your starter, you need to add a Fire-type Pokémon to your team. An Arcanine or Ninetails would be a great addition to your team.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Feebas maximum beauty

I am trying to evolve a Feebas that I migrated in Pal Park from my Sapphire version into my SoulSilver version. It has 3 ribbons (Hoenn Beauty Contest Normal rank, Hoenn Beauty Contest Super Rank, Hoenn Beauty Hyper Rank) so I know it has high beauty already.

Everyone online said that you need to groom Feebas 8 times in Pallet Town and Goldenrod city in order for it to reach maximum beauty.

Well, I have groomed this thing over 30 times (not an exaggeration). I level it up, and it still will not evolve.

What is wrong with it?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I guess you can only evolve it in DPPt then?
    I'm trying to increase mine too, and trade back to Diamond or Platinum to evolve.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Weird, it worked for me after 8 times. Are you sure you're doing it right? You have to level it up after you do it 8 times for it to evolve.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Well I googled it and found others having problems with this, and they got it in SS/HG by that method.

Yes I leveled it up are I groomed it 8 times and it didn't evolve, so I did it a few more times, leveled it, didn't evolve, so I did it a few more times, didn't evolve, etc etc.

Last edited:

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    Mhm, it's pretty weird that it hasn't evolved already having three Beauty Contest Ribbons. Talk to Blue's sister in Pallet Town (SS/HG) between 3 PM and 4 PM, she will offer to massage one of your Pokémon per day. When she massages a Pokémon, it increases its friendship towards you, but also increases its Beauty stat.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    That's what I have been doing. I have groomed Feebas in Pallet Town over 30 times! I leveled it up and it still won't evolve! ='( I'm so frustrated with it already.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    When I view my Feebas stats it says :

Serious Nature
    Hoenn
    Arrived at lvl 39 (it is lvl 43 now)
    Somewhat stubborn

Hah, It's not a joke that it's somewhat stubborn!!

I thought it didn't matter what nature it is at, I am trying to evolve it in SoulSilver by grooming it in Pallet Town and Goldenrod City.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged with the Help thread as that's where questions ought to go.

Sounds odd - maybe a glitch? But maybe try fresh - breed that feebas with a ditto and try it with that one maybe?

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
    I had the same problem, Mrs. Norrington. Only, you've tried much harder than I ever did.. I finally gave up. :\ And then got one from a friend... and now I'm feeling very depressed... *aherm*

Good luck, though. Stupid question, but it's definitely not holding an everstone or anything like that?

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Nope, no everstone. It was holding an exp. share a while ago. But it isn't holding anything at all now.

I don't want to give up. I love achieving evolution myself. If I give up now after all of that effort...I'm gonna feel so defeated.

When she grooms my Feebas, it says "Feebas looks content" it never says anything else. When I groom it in goldenrod, it usually says "Feebas looks a little happier" or "Feebas looks delighted"

Last edited:

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    According to some people, the nature could be a factor. But yours is Serious, so you shouldn't have a problem. From what I have been reading your Feebas should have already evolved after those eight massages. I guess you can just keep trying with those massages and haircuts.

Back