• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    ok so i captured the red Gyarados and i beat the first 6 gym leaders but i cant figure out where lance is , there are 3 team rocket members standing around at goldenrod and i cant figure out what to do im stuck, PS the man who sold me the rare candy bar still wont let me pass and the gym isnt available yet in Mahogany town.... can some one please help me out ive been stuck for 3 days[/QUOTE]

Years
    Lance should be at the shop in Mahogany Town which is between the gym and the Pokemon center (although more behind it if that makes sense). You go over there and then Lance will break down the two guys in there and reveals their hideout.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Hello agian,

Im in Kanto and obtained like 4 badges from there. I want to get my pokemon higher level, where should i train?
    BTW, im trying to train a lvl 44 Dragonair.

thanks

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Hello agian,

Im in Kanto and obtained like 4 badges from there. I want to get my pokemon higher level, where should i train?
    BTW, im trying to train a lvl 44 Dragonair.

thanks

Gym Leader rematches are GREAT (I got my team from level 60 to 75 in less than a day), but I'm not sure if you can rematch them without every badge.

YanmegaLv55

Raising the dead, one by one.
    Years
    Hi, I need help with Kanto.
    OK, so I just arrived in Vemillion City and I have absolutly no idea of what to do.
    Where do I get my starter? Which route do I go to first? What gym is first?
    Please Help.
    Thanks,
    YanmegaLv55

Years
    OK, so I just arrived in Vemillion City and I have absolutly no idea of what to do.
    Please Help.
    Thanks,
    YanmegaLv55

•What starters? I'd assume you mean the Kanto starters. You need the Kanto badges to pick one of those. ;)

•Stay in Vermillion till you get the first badge.

•Use cut to go into the Vermillion Gym.

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Please Help.
    Thanks,
    YanmegaLv55

Battle Lt. Surge, it honestly doesn't matter what gym you do first. Also you don't get any new starter in the game until after you beat red and the rest is just exploration.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2012
    Hey guys

I'm currently training for the pokemon league (first one, not sure if there is a second one in kanto)

Anyways, I have four pokemon which I am going to beat them with.

Onix
    Machamp
    Feraligatr
    Nidoqueen

I know its a pretty crappy team, but I am never going to use these pokemon again after I beat the game by beating red. I will get my dream team after that.

Anyways, what level should I have all of them at around to beat the league?

Thanks

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Well, You should make the onix a steelix :O, at least I would. And you can pretty much beat the e4 with like 2-3 pokemon 45-50. Although your team is very very vunerable against physic pokemon, so you need to be carefull about the first guy xD.

Also for the guy needing pp's.

Spam Rocksmash at the rocks in the Ruins of Alph north, just smash them all, then go in and out, and repeat, you should get lots of Max Ethers, Max Revives, Fossils, and Shards for berrys.

And like above, use your 4 Berry slots to grow 4 leppa berrys, You get 5 per slot once they grow if you watered them.

Back