• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • Yusshin said:
    Question: on the PokeAthlon display skill window of your Pokemon, there are stars, and some empty ones. That leads to think you can develop your Pokemon's PokeAthlon skills.

If that's true, how to do that?

In case someone didn't notice due to the merge of double-posts.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    does anyone know if you can RNG to get a shiny in hgss? I'm interested in doing so since I heard it's not a hack and it looks doable O.o but I think there's only a dp version? Does it work the same way as the diamond/pearl because hgss doesn't have the apps. Thanks in advance.

It seems hard, considering there is no journal to advance frames and no coin flip/happiness aps. If you really wanted to, you could try with the radio and "detuning" but i doubt that would work.

Corazón

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    FAQ & Known Info said:
    Kanto starters (Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle) - You can choose from these three which one you want by talking to Prof Oak in Pallet Town after you get all 16 gym badges
    I have tried obtaining them after I got all 16 badges, all Oak talks about is the Pokedex, any help on how to get them?

Corazón

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    How much BP do you get from the Battle Tower? And which place on the Battle Frontier can you gte th most BP?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • How much BP do you get from the Battle Tower? And which place on the Battle Frontier can you gte th most BP?
    I believe for any regular trainer match you get 3 battle points at the end of it and by the end of the battle with one of the Brains it is seven. Not 100% sure as I don't frequent the Battle Frontier as much as I'd like to.

Curious about what a Shiny Leaf is, anyone able to fill me in? Haha

Straight from the HG/SS FAQ and Known Information we have here:

What is the Shining Leaf? How do I get it?
    The Shining Leaf is a rare item found by your Pokémon. It is not a standard item or accessory, and can only be seen through your Pokémon's status screen. You can only get the Shining Leaf by talking to your partner while in a grass area. However, finding the Shining Leaf in a certain are depends on the nature of your Pokémon and the specific locations.

What's my reward for finding a Shining Leaf?

Once you obtain one Shining Leaf, then you should go see Ethan/Lyra in New Bark Town. Here they will explain more to you about the Shining Leaf and how he/show wants you to collect five of them (on the same Pokémon). Once you've done so, he/she will reward you with a star for your Trainer Card.

If you wish to learn more on the natures and areas to find the Shining Leaf then you can visit here.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Nashton:

Bulbapedia said:
    In HeartGold and SoulSilver, Heart Scales can be obtained by destroying rocks with Rock Smash or as a Pokéathlon prize on Wednesday or Sunday for 1,000. Additionally in these games, a Pokémon with the Pickup ability can also collect Heart Scales at Level 51 or higher.

- BREEDING QUESTION -

Bulbapedia's Magby Article if I were to breed it with a chimchar does the chimchar need to *know* thunderpunch in order to pass it on? Or a result of the pairing will bestow the egg with thunderpunch regardless if either knows it?

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Hey is there somebody in heartgold that tells you what your pokemon's hidden power is? That would be nice for when I try to get a zapdos.

Leitz09

*studying to draw manga...*
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    how do i register someone to the pokegear list if i accidentally said no when they asked to register?

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2012
    Is exeggcute catchable in soul silver? I've checked and people list locations but then under rarity there are question marks or "none" - making me skeptical.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    k so i have lugia at like 0 hp basically, cant even see lugias health, shes asleep, and accuracy is lowered to the max

and no pokeball im tryin catches her.

already wasted 40 ultras, 5 greats, and like 10 pokeballs

any other tricks?

Back