• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    So, if I send my Pokemon to the walker and after it says that "?????????? went to the PokeWalker" do I turn it off there?

Also, how do you SR in SS?

EDIT: How do you hatch eggs faster?

Last edited:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Well i have a togepi in soul silver and i never really paid much attention to it so i stuck it in daycare when i took it out was level 33 i tried to breed it with a ditto but i couldnt so can you not breed togepi~

Of course you can, so long as it has evolved. Togepi technically can't, but its evolutions can. If the Pokémon has a gender, it can generally breed. There are a few exceptions (e.g. Heatran, Cresselia, Latios, Latias, and baby Pokémon), but you're almost guaranteed that if the Pokémon has a gender, it can breed. Check with the Day-Care Man and he'll tell you how compatible the two Pokémon are. If they're in the same egg group (or one of them is a Ditto), and they can breed, they will eventually produce an egg. Run around a bunch and check back later.

How do you hatch eggs faster?

The abilities Magma Armor and Flame Body will both cut the number of steps it takes to hatch an egg roughly in half (cut by 45%). Other than that, patience is key.

EDIT: Right, An-san Rebelleon has corrected me. It's been a long day (2 Biology tests, 1 Algebra test), what are you gonna do? We all have our off days.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    What if you were to have 4 Slugmas? Would that cut off the time by about 90.84% or still keep it at 45%?

Also, can I rechallenge a Gym Leader more than once in one day?

Years
  • What if you were to have 4 Slugmas? Would that cut off the time by about 90.84% or still keep it at 45%?

Also, can I rechallenge a Gym Leader more than once in one day?

~Having multiple Pokemon of FlameBody/MagmaArmor does not do anything.
    This 'fast egg hatch' thing will not stack/multiply if you have more.

~No, to the Gym Leaders (legit)

If you adjust your DS clock... You may bugger you're game save...

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Liar. I am rebattling Bugsy for the third time TODAY on my DS clock. Just figured it out, LOL.

Anyway, thanks.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • How do I get to the area with Smeargle in Ruins of Alph? I know they're there and they're waiting on their SilverSmeargleLeader. :C

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • How do I get to the area with Smeargle in Ruins of Alph? I know they're there and they're waiting on their SilverSmeargleLeader. :C

Dunno, but there are Smeargle in the Safari Zone, if you're willing to wait that long.

For my current team of Typhlosion, Togetic/kiss, Qwilfish, Miltank and Ambipom, would one recommend Gliscor or Mamoswine? I need a ground type after realising how badly I got owned by Jasmine's Magnemite. >_>

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I like Mamoswine better. ): I don't know why, I just do.

Also, how long do I have to wait for the Safari Zone? Smeargle's not gonna be in-game, so it doesn't really matter the wait. But even on my Jap. SS, I haven't been in there. It's still under construction. |:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • @Sydian
    Have you tried getting them in Safari Zone?

@Hip-And-Happenin
    If you don't have Nidoking you could problem use these as alternatives since they learn Megahorn in HG and SS.

• Rapidash
    • Rhyhorn
    • Rhydon
    • Goldeen(I don't think there in the same breed group)
    • Seaking(Same as above)
    • Heracross(I think different breeding group)
    • Rhyperior

.Occam

Ontological parsimony?
    Years
  • @Ninja Caterpie

I would advise Gliscor for fighting Jasmine as Mamoswine is weak to Steel.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I'm trying to clone my Pokemon but it's always released into the wild. How do I clone Pokemon without failure?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • @Sydian
    Have you tried getting them in Safari Zone?

-raises a brow- I just asked when it opens...so obviously I haven't. :C I want to know either 1. how to get to the area in Ruins of Alph that has them or 2. when the Safari Zone opens.

:C

I'm sad without Smeargle</3

Drift_King1

Rawr.
    Years
  • -raises a brow- I just asked when it opens...so obviously I haven't. :C I want to know either 1. how to get to the area in Ruins of Alph that has them or 2. when the Safari Zone opens.

:C

I'm sad without Smeargle</3
    The Safari Zone has a closing time? O.o

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    No, it never opened originally. It was never unlocked in his game, so...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The Safari Zone has a closing time? O.o

Nooooo. :< I want to know when the dude calls you after it opens. That's what I mean. Or if someone could tell me how to get to the grassy patch in Ruins of Alph, that would be nice. Both would be even better.

Back