• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Ah, sorry. I should have formulated my question a bit better :3

What I meant to say was when you have gotten the Team Rocket suit and you ARE wearing it, are you able to fly out of Goldenrod, or is there something that stops you from doing that?

And if you're able to Fly out of the town, will you still be wearing the Team Rocket suit?

I hope it was a bit easier to understand this time. :3

Drift_King1

Rawr.
    Years
    Ah, sorry. I should have formulated my question a bit better :3

What I meant to say was when you have gotten the Team Rocket suit and you ARE wearing it, are you able to fly out of Goldenrod, or is there something that stops you from doing that?

And if you're able to Fly out of the town, will you still be wearing the Team Rocket suit?

I hope it was a bit easier to understand this time. :3
    No, you cannot go anywhere out of town with the suit on.

shot571

need a good place to train after beating the elite four twice. anywhere apart from the elite four. trying victory road right now.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    need a good place to train after beating the elite four twice. anywhere apart from the elite four. trying victory road right now.

The Elite Four is pretty much THE place until you have all 16 badges for rebattles. Or trade to Sinnoh / Mt. Silver before Red.

shot571

The Elite Four is pretty much THE place until you have all 16 badges for rebattles. Or trade to Sinnoh / Mt. Silver before Red.
    oh yh mt silver. cant believe i forgot about that. thanks a lot :D

Koope

Rainbowlicious!
    Years
    Hey everyone.

Was just wondering, if you kill an Unown letter (such as Unown A) will it ever reappear in the ruins of alph?

Years
    I would like a list of some kind of all the Pokemon that can't be obtained in HGSS. Ones that must be traded from Platinum and before. If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I would like a list of some kind of all the Pokemon that can't be obtained in HGSS. Ones that must be traded from Platinum and before. If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it.
    If you follow this link, you'll find a decent list of all unavailable Pokémon in HG/SS.

Celebi and Mew are the only ones separated from trade as they must be obtained through an event. It is expected that Nintendo may hold a Celebi event in the future though. As for Mew, if you do not have a legit one to trade over, then the Wi-Fi Center's Trade Corner may be useful.

Years
    Thanks so much. ^^ I just wanted to know what to look for with friends and their save files. As for Mew and Celebi there was a Japanese event for HGSS and they seem to be releasing them in the same order for us. I think Celebi is next month's event if I'm not mistaken. Then Mew.

Vulpixer

Ooh...Stealth Mode...
    Years
    OK, quick dumb question here. But where in the earth do you buy seals for your pokeballs? I've been looking everywhere, but I don't have any ideas.

Also, I've been looking all over for plusel/minun. I've been scourging everyplace they're said to be _I even had a pokemon with static as my lead to attract electric types, but I just cant seem to find the little suckers. any tips?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    You don't buy seals; go to Olivine and there's a row of two houses. The one on the right there's a little girl who gives you three or five seals a day (I can't remember if it's three or five...)

Also, Minun & Plusle are with Hoenn Sound on certain routes. Do you have the National Dex?

Vulpixer

Ooh...Stealth Mode...
    Years
    You don't buy seals; go to Olivine and there's a row of two houses. The one on the right there's a little girl who gives you three or five seals a day (I can't remember if it's three or five...)

Also, Minun & Plusle are with Hoenn Sound on certain routes. Do you have the National Dex?

I found the little girl, but I have no idea where to get a seal case.

Yes, I have the National Dex. I've also beaten the Kento gyms. Where do you get Hoenn sound? I have GB sounds.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I found the little girl, but I have no idea where to get a seal case.

Yes, I have the National Dex. I've also beaten the Kento gyms. Where do you get Hoenn sound? I have GB sounds.

Go to Miltank Farm and give the sickly Miltank 5-10 Oren Berries. The girls there, after talking to them when Miltank is healed completely, will then give you a Seal Case.

As for Hoenn / Sinnoh Sound, it should be on the Radio. You need to have the Hoenn Sound Radio Station on and keep putting it back on after every battle, since the radio resets after every battle / map change.

Vulpixer

Ooh...Stealth Mode...
    Years

Go to Miltank Farm and give the sickly Miltank 5-10 Oren Berries. The girls there, after talking to them when Miltank is healed completely, will then give you a Seal Case.

As for Hoenn / Sinnoh Sound, it should be on the Radio. You need to have the Hoenn Sound Radio Station on and keep putting it back on after every battle, since the radio resets after every battle / map change.

Sorry to be so dumb at the moment, but where do you get the Hoenn/Sinnoh Sound?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Sorry to be so dumb at the moment, but where do you get the Hoenn/Sinnoh Sound?

Serebii said:
    Hoenn Pokémon

To get Hoenn Pokémon, all you need to do is turn the PokéGear Radio onto the Pokémon March station on a Wednesday. On Wednesdays, the Pokémon March Channel is the "Hoenn Sound" show. If you have this playing while going through the areas and the wild Pokémon may be a Pokémon whom is originally from Hoenn.

Sinnoh Pokémon

To get Sinnoh Pokémon, all you need to do is turn the PokéGear Radio onto the Pokémon March station on a Thursday. On Thursdays, the Pokémon March Channel is the "Sinnoh Sound" show. If you have this playing while going through the areas and the wild Pokémon may be a Pokémon whom is originally from Sinnoh.

Voila :P Have fun searching for P/M.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Im assuming the Pokewalker goes along with HG/SS, So, is there any way to increase the chance to get 3 exclamation points?

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    HAHAHAHA *wheeze*

Yes, Unown letters are near infinite number. Kill all of whatever ones you like.

Ruins are one of the greatest EV Training Sites for low lv pokemon

Im assuming the Pokewalker goes along with HG/SS, So, is there any way to increase the chance to get 3 exclamation points?

The Percentage goes up with the amout of Watts you have. but its still next to nil

Last edited:
    Back