• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    You obviously can't do it on a DSi. D:

Or can you? ._.
    No you cannot - no GBA slot on the DSi.
    Ok so I was on my way to lake rage when I got there I couldn't do anything because I don't have surf oh well so I go back into mount mortar and I can't get out on the other side. I can't fly because I didn't get it and I tryed using dig and an escape rope. Does anyone know how to get out of this mountain if not I'll have to reatart and that would suck!
    Merged your thread with the Help thread, which is where questions should go.

Anyways...mind explaining the situation more? If you're on either side of the middle part of Mt Mortar than you should be able to navigate your way through, but if you're stuck in the middle with no water/flying Pokemon...sounds like a glitch situation. =/ But care to explain some more about your surroundings?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    AFAIK, you can trade eggs. : D

Just giving a definite answer on this: yes, you can trade eggs. Some very valuable event Pokémon come from eggs (e.g. Ranger Manaphy and the Japense Pichu Egg event.. I can't quite come up with the name), and there are frequently egg challenges in the various Gen sections. Anyways... just saying for sure that you can trade eggs.

Years
    I need help, I got the National Dexs. I kept on Headbutting trees to get a Starly but none will come out of the tree only leafs. Is there something wrong?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2010
    What's an easy way to catch the three legendary dogs? I started off using false swipe on the first two, bringing them down to 1 health, and used gengar to mean look them and put them to sleep. I must have used about 30 ultra balls trying to catch Entei but he keeps breaking out. The balls themselves are not cheap and think money is limited in this game since you can't fight trainers over again.

What do?

Meta-Morph

A Mysterious Person Appeared!
    Years
    #1. You can battle other Trainers. Use Bulbapedia to find out their schedule.

#2. Reset and reset and reset until you've caught him, or use a Fast Ball or use a Poke Ball, use something to catch him.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2010
    Where do I go to get gary to come to his gym? I've got 7 badges but Gary still isn't back

What's an easy way to catch the three legendary dogs? I started off using false swipe on the first two, bringing them down to 1 health, and used gengar to mean look them and put them to sleep. I must have used about 30 ultra balls trying to catch Entei but he keeps breaking out. The balls themselves are not cheap and think money is limited in this game since you can't fight trainers over again.

What do?

Money wise, I trained a persian with pay day and gave it amulet coin to held.
    I'd suggest searching for a meowth with the technician ability though and a half decent nature;; Don't let it evolve until 30.
    After doing so, spam pay day on pokemon you think it could deal with.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2010
    Thanks for the advise guys but I have another question, this is more yes or no though.

Will changing the clock do anything to my game? I changed it once by ten days when I screwed up the date at the start of the game. I'm asking because I gave a bunch of wht apricorns to Kurt but it takes 24 real hours to make them. I don't want to wait till tomorrow.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Is Pinsir a good and rare pokemon?

Because it took me like forever to get it in the contest thing, and is it good?

It's in the NU tier. It's good against CPUs, but may be bad at facing other trainers online.

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years

What do?
    well i put entei to sleep and 1 hit point(false swipe) and used a load of ultra balls on him. as for raikou i false swiped him and parylz'd him and he roard me away so the next time i found him(he was still at one hitpoint and prylz) i quick ball'd him

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Thanks for the advise guys but I have another question, this is more yes or no though.

Will changing the clock do anything to my game? I changed it once by ten days when I screwed up the date at the start of the game. I'm asking because I gave a bunch of wht apricorns to Kurt but it takes 24 real hours to make them. I don't want to wait till tomorrow.

That won't work. The game can tell if you just change the clock forward to manipulate in-game events. There are methods around this, but you're better off just waiting.

Is Pinsir a good and rare pokemon?

Because it took me like forever to get it in the contest thing, and is it good?

All Pokémon are good for different things. For example, many consider Luvdisc to be an absolutely awful Pokémon, but people like Anti (the S&M mod) have torn people apart using it. All Pokémon have their place, so sure, you could say Pinsir is a good Pokémon, it just depends on how you use it. And it's pretty rare for the Bug Catching Contest, yes.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Where do I go to get gary to come to his gym? I've got 7 badges but Gary still isn't back

By "Gary" you mean Blue, right? Okay, so you defeated Blaine, so go back to Cinnabar Island and talk to Blue. Hope that helps! =D

Does anybody know where you can get a Firestone and a Thunderstone in HG/SS? I have a Pikachu and going to catch a Growlithe and I plan on evolving them. Do you know where to get these certain stones? =/

Last edited:

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
    Does anybody know where you can get a Firestone and a Thunderstone in HG/SS? I have a Pikachu and going to catch a Growlithe and I plan on evolving them. Do you know where to get these certain stones? =/
    you can get a thunder stone on the yellow forest pokewalker route, i don't know about fire stone

Years
    Common shiny pokemon?

Hi, i've been playing Heartgold for about 4 days (I think my play time is roughly 20 hours) and have already encountered and captured 3 shiny pokemon (4 including the red Gyarados). I have only ever seen one shiny pokemon in the 10 years preceeding this.
    My questions is: Have I been INSANELY lucky, or has some other factor caused me to find so many shiny pokemon?
    Thanks.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    By "Gary" you mean Blue, right? Okay, so you defeated Blaine, so go back to Cinnabar Island and talk to Blue. Hope that helps! =D

Thunderstone:
    HG/SS (Johto) -- Come in 1st Place in Bug Catching Contest (Chance), Route 38 (A trainer will call you and give it to you)
    HG/SS (Kanto) -- Route 25 (Show Bill's Grandfather a Pichu)
    PokeWalker -- Yellow Forest (6000+ Steps)

The best would probably show Bill's Grandfather the Pichu. Just breed or use the Event ones.

Fire Stone:
    HG/SS (Johto) -- Come in 1st Place in Bug Catching Contest (Chance), Route 36 (A trainer will call you and give it to you)
    HG (Kanto) -- Route 25 (Show Bill's Grandfather a Growlithe)
    SS (Kanto) -- Route 25 (Show Bill's Grandfather a Vulpix)
    PokeWalker -- Warm Beach (5000+ Steps)

The best would probably be to show Bill's grandfather your Growlithe.

Sobriquet

Show me the way...
    Years
    Can event pokemon be shinies? i.e. The Arceus event or the 10ANIV Mew that will come out in the near future?

Also, when is shininess for the 3 Beasts determined? Is there an efficient way to get them shiny?

Back