• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • what level should you start ev training at? im not sure if it matters or not
    You can start to EV train at any level, and if you think you've messed up and wish to start over on EVing then you can remove them with EV removing berries. There's a link to the bottom of my post that leads to a guide on EV training, it may come in helpful.

I can't find any specific info on this. I am hunting for the surfing/flying pikachu right now, but I'm a little confused about the number of steps required. On Serebii.net it says that I need to walk 10,000 steps. Does this mean that I must have 10,000+ steps on this specific day in order to encounter a Group A pokemon? Or does the 10,000+ steps refer to total all time steps on this specific route?
    Yes, you will need to get up to 10,000 total steps today, not in all from previously.

What is EV training and how do i do it? DETAILED ANSWER PLEASE..
    Here's a guide to EV training, straight from the HG/SS FAQ and Known Information.

[jq]I'm pretty much new to EV training and would like to know how and what I need to do it correctly?
    EV training is relatively simple to do once you understand it enough. It is time consuming, but there are ways to fasten the progress of your training including various items and more.

Here is a full guide on how to EV train your Pokémon.
    [/jq]
    By the way, bringing back this question from JustinDestruction on the previous page in case it was missed and someone may know the answer to it. :)
    "Does anyone have any tips on the Pokeathlon for the Pennant Race? It's the only one that I can't set a record for. My highest was 33, but I just can't seem to get the 35 I need."

Zakki-C-Mo

strategic trainer
    Years
  • It's not that there should be only ONE Masterball. You can actually get another one from Goldenrod Radio Tower. ;)
    true, lol, but i hate masterball spamming, so thats why i only want one, unless i got really lucky

First of all: [CAPS]Are you using codes?[/CAPS]

Note, the [CAPS] thing is so I don't look like I'm yelling.
    i used an ar to get a masterball so i could get raikou easy b4 i faced claire, but that was all.

Last edited:

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
  • true, lol, but i hate masterball spamming, so thats why i only want one, unless i got really lucky

i used an ar to get a masterball so i could get raikou easy b4 i faced claire, but that was all.

Lol haha. I'm actually playing on an emulator and I have hax right here. But I prefer not to use em... I just used PokeSAV to put in Japanese names for my Pokemon. Lol.

I can like code stuff in so I get infinity master balls but hey I caught Ho-oh with an Ultra Ball, Suicune with a Poke Ball and Lugia with a heavy ball. Haha.

Zakki-C-Mo

strategic trainer
    Years
  • Lol haha. I'm actually playing on an emulator and I have hax right here. But I prefer not to use em... I just used PokeSAV to put in Japanese names for my Pokemon. Lol.

I can like code stuff in so I get infinity master balls but hey I caught Ho-oh with an Ultra Ball, Suicune with a Poke Ball and Lugia with a heavy ball. Haha.
    lol, i got heart gold today, so im gonna play it 100% legit, but im gonna just use all the codes on ss, since its already messed up, Lance's Charizard ne one? lol

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    What is Oak and Marys radio? Where do you find it? What does it enable you to do ?:)

I believe they do not have their own radio station but rather play on The Pokemon Channel and provides information on pokemon and where you can find them. After you get the National dex however, they inform you of swarms that hit Kanto and Johto each day.

Did Nintendo fix the Flying Meganium glitch in these remakes?

Indeed they have iirc. The moveset has been updated.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    May I ask what the Flying Meganium glitch was? Did they mistakenly put fly in Meganium's moveset?

RandomliHyper

Awesomesauce
    Years
  • I've been trying to get the move tutor to teach my Lugia and my Glaceon moves, but he says "That pokemon can't learn a move! Read the memo there! Keh!" Why can't they learn a move from him and where is the memo?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I've been trying to get the move tutor to teach my Lugia and my Glaceon moves, but he says "That pokemon can't learn a move! Read the memo there! Keh!" Why can't they learn a move from him and where is the memo?

Which move tutor? If its the one in Blackthorn he only teaches the elemental beams to your starters.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    May I ask what the Flying Meganium glitch was? Did they mistakenly put fly in Meganium's moveset?

Within the G/S/C series there were a number of glitches, this paticular one involved Meganuim (a Grass type pokemon) being able to learn the move Fly as a HM.

Years
  • Hey!

Is there anyway of telling whether or not a pokémon is a shiny other than just looking at it?

I say this because I've just looked at my Raichu, and it looks very much like the shiny sprite on psypokes.com but both sprites are very similar, I want to have definate confirmation it's a shiny because it'd be the first one I actually caught and it's a surfing Raichu (evolved Pikachu I caught on Pokéwalker).

Cheers

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Hey!

Is there anyway of telling whether or not a pokémon is a shiny other than just looking at it?

I say this because I've just looked at my Raichu, and it looks very much like the shiny sprite on psypokes.com but both sprites are very similar, I want to have definate confirmation it's a shiny because it'd be the first one I actually caught and it's a surfing Raichu (evolved Pikachu I caught on Pokéwalker).

Cheers

In your status window, there will be a red star next to its sprite if it's shiny.

On the field, there's a sparkle that represents a "Shiny" Pokemon. The colours are also different.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Ditto... where the FUDGE do i find a ditto- Seribii keeps saying the route above Goldenrod, but all i keep finding are nidorans and abras- help plz?

Meta-Morph

A Mysterious Person Appeared!
    Years
  • You keep on waiting to catch one, I found 5 easily on my first playthrough.

Phew! HG/SS Help looks busy today.

Drift_King1

Rawr.
    Years
  • Ditto... where the FUDGE do i find a ditto- Seribii keeps saying the route above Goldenrod, but all i keep finding are nidorans and abras- help plz?
    Go to Cianwood and make your way to the Safarai Zone. When you go inside the cave take the ladder down and surf up the first waterfall. Go to the grass and find dittos. :P

Back