• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    How do you guys spread out the HMs? which ones are the most your going to be using? I figure surf fly and strength are the most important, and are actually useful in battle.

Well, if you're in competitive play, Fly and Strength aren't going to be useful, but I suppose they're helpful against in-game trainers. However, those are pretty important moves in the overworld. I personally like to have all the HMs learned in my party, at least if you're exploring. As long as you have a Pokémon that can learn Waterfall, you can gather the rest of the 7 HMs on Tauros and Farfetch'd (provided this is before the Elite 4, as post-E4 you can grab a Bibarel for your HM-slavery). However, once you get Fly, having the proper HMs at every moment isn't going to be a major concern, as you can just Fly to the nearest city to the get the Pokémon. Anyways, before the Elite 4, I just kept Farfetch'd and Tauros around at all times, just in case (other than in Gyms, of course).

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Hey
    I got 3 !!! on the pokewalker today and i thought I would get a shiny gastly but it wasn't, is it even possible to get shinies on the pokewalker

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    ok do you know if you can tell if it's a shiny on the pokewalker

I don't think there's a specific animation for it :s You just gotta keep chucking balls at everything you see.

That's what I understood from the article anyway; I lost the article ~.~

Years
    Sorry if it was mentioned anywhere before, but for some reason I haven't got a Dratini from the Dragon Den Master. I assumed during the story that the Dratini is given on a second visit, but no matter how many times I go there the man never ever mentions about Dratini, only keeps talking about Lugia.

I begin to wonder whether I did something wrong with the game right now.

*Meowth V.2*

Still Got The Blues.
    Years
    @ MickX. You have to leave a space in your party to get Dratini from the dragon master.

Question.

Where can I get Larvitar in Soul Silver besides Mt. Silver?

And if you can get him in the Safari Zone, what do you need to get him?

Years
    Just tried opening a spot on my team, doesn't work. The old man keeps babbling about Lugia and doesn't mention a thing.

I get the feeling I only had that window of opportunity during the storyline itself. Either that or something's wrong with my game...

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    Just tried opening a spot on my team, doesn't work. The old man keeps babbling about Lugia and doesn't mention a thing.

I get the feeling I only had that window of opportunity during the storyline itself. Either that or something's wrong with my game...
    Same thing happen to me, but after I opened a spot on my team, I got the Dratini from the old man. Did you answer his quiz correctly? If you didn't, you won't be able to get a Dratini with Extreme Speed. That's odd, you should be able to get a normal Dratini anyways.

Edit: Now I remember, first, you must get, TM59 (Dragon Pulse) from Clair.

Last edited:

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    @ MickX. You have to leave a space in your party to get Dratini from the dragon master.

Question.

Where can I get Larvitar in Soul Silver besides Mt. Silver?

And if you can get him in the Safari Zone, what do you need to get him?

u can get him in the safari zone....u just need to complete the second task.u'll find him in the mountain area...

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
    You're totally right and if i remember well, Gyarados learn that move via leveling up =)
    Dudypokefan89, use this move better than Blizzard =)

I got both, used both, and beat the E4, oddly, my Garados saved me...Beat 3 dragonites in a row and i had hydro pump...bye bye Charizard and Aerodactyl!..I'm actually in Celadon already. beat Erika, kogas daughter, and LT. Surge too. thanks for the help, but a new problem arose...
    see, as soon as oak handed me that National Dex i tryed importing. but heres the problem.. my ivysaur snorlax and zapdos are stuck in leaf-green because of hidden moves..what does it mean? how do i fix it?

edit: sorry, just realized it was HM....

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    in olive iv went to the house were you gett he good rod from and he says have you landed the big 1 yet what pokemon am i supose to catch and show him?

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    @Micx: You could just get one of the Dratinis that appear while you're surfing in the Dragon's Den. Unless you want it already with extreme speed...

Back