• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
  • Anybody? Sorry to repost it, but we're now on a new page of the thread and I didn't get a response yet. :P

As I know it, entering a double battle with Smeargle and a Pokémon that knows a move you want, and get Smeargle to use Sketch on the Pokémon with the move.

I don't have much knowledge of this to be honest. -.-''

Or you could use your Pokédex to find the best place to find a wild Pokémon that would know a move you want and Sketch it there?

Kon~

Years
  • Is it possible to get any more berry pots in the game, or are you stuck with only the four you get at some point?

Sorry, there are only the four pots.

There was speculation at some point that this could be increased to eight, but the four faded things behind the pots are actually the lids, which can be seen in the in-bag sprite.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    You have to reach the Digglet Tunnel by getting the pokeflute feature on your pokegear from the city east of Saffron (radio tower) and then wake up the Snorlax blocking the route east of Vermilion.. Of course you gotta do the whole "Fix the power plant" quest.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Alright, getting really annoyed here.

I've trained my Eevee from level 5 to level 51, and it has not evolved.
    It has only fainted once! How much more love does it need? >.<

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • ^^
    give it a soothe bell
    talk to it frequently
    stuff it up with vitamins
    message it
    give it a haircut....

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Alright, getting really annoyed here.

I've trained my Eevee from level 5 to level 51, and it has not evolved.
    It has only fainted once! How much more love does it need? >.<

Wow, at lvl 51 I wouldn't recommend evolving since teaching it moves will be a hassle.

The earlier the better!

Mine evolved at 31, and that's kind of late.

Here's what I did, I walked around with it a lot, gave it potions whenever it
    lost health, talked to it, gave it haircuts and it was holding the soothe bell.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Are we able to catch Ho-Oh in SoulSilver? I had a couple of people tell me that we could.

yh you can, i just caught lugia in HG, just go to kanto region after beating E4 and when u get to pallet town talk to professor oak and he gives u the rainbow wing (for SS) or silverwing (for HG)

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2023
    Problems with Pokewalker

Okay, I've lost my pokewalker. So I got my instruction booklet out and checked it. It says to hold Up on the d-pad, Select and R to get your Pokemon back.

...Well, I've done that, but nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong, or did the instruction booklet lie?

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
  • Ok, I had that problem too, but I just msiunderstood what they wrote. So, follow this list:

On the Main Menu/ before the actual game, go to Connect to Pokewalker
    When You get to the Return From Stroll/Receive Gift Screen, follow their instructions WITHOUT clicking on the options.
    Hit Yes twice, and viola, you get your pokemon back.

Kon~

Years
  • -Where do I get the Good Rod? This decides whether or not I capture a Chinchou.

-Which HMs do I need to visit the Karate King in Mt. Mortar, and receive a Tyrogue? Obviously I'll defeat him :P

- The Good Rod can be obtained in Olivine City.

- The center of Mt. Mortar can be reached using Surf, Waterfall, Rock Climb and (as I remember it) either Strength or Rock Smash. Sorry I can't be more reliable than that, but if you have a HM Slave that knowns the latter three, take that. (If not, a Graveller is suitable for such a use, I believe)

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
    Years
  • How do you unlock the Beyond the sea pokewalker route? i know it says you need to trade for a foreign pokemon on the GTS, but this does not seem to work for me. I live in the UK, and earlier today i traded a Rattata from Chille over the GTS, but it did not unlock the route for me. i already have the national dex, and have beaten all gyms. a google search yeilded many others having the same problem, but very few answers, except that most people who havent unlocked seem to not have the national dex (which i do), and that it doesnt have to be a pokemon in a foreign language, which it wasnt. now, surely, as Chille is far far away from england n a continent in the other hemisphere, it should have unlocked the route for me? or am i missing something here?

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • try to trade for a Japanese one or soething? it may need to be a whole different language!

speaking of Pokewalkers..

if I Reset my Pokewalker settings... wopuld I still have the Yellow Forest route when I synced the walker once again?

speaking of which, CAN I use the same Pokewalker again after I reset it (WITHOUT restarting my whole file!)? or would I need to take the walker and sync it to another game then unsync from THAT game to resync with the orogional ame?

Last edited:
    Back