• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    This does sound odd... but we may need more info. Have you beat the gyms already? If so then it's perfectly normal - gym leaders will at times leave their gym to go somewhere around johto/kanto. If you encounter them you can get their phone numbers as well to battle them again.
    And if not... then have you use an AR or somthing like that?

I had used a AR, is that bad? I don't think the codes should have messed up the gym leaders. I only have 2 Kanto Badges. I didn't fight them yet either.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    where is the Machine Part in Cerulean gym?
    im playin on a ROM and i dont have the item finder :(

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    It should be in one of the inner tubes towards the northwestern side of the gym.

You must complete the lil quest prior to acquiring it. This includes traveling to the power plant, speaking to the manager, going back to Cerulean and talking to the foreign Team Rocket member. Then he himself will tell you where it is (after a battle).

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    It should be in one of the inner tubes towards the northwestern side of the gym.

You must complete the lil quest prior to acquiring it. This includes traveling to the power plant, speaking to the manager, going back to Cerulean and talking to the foreign Team Rocket member. Then he himself will tell you where it is (after a battle).

where do i go to bttle him?
    he just ran scared when he saw me lol

Years
    Battle the guy on Nugget Bridge to the north.

My "Question"

Seeking to maximize my "exploration".

What are ALL the Rock Climb areas?

Routes, Caves (not by each room, just the cave name), cities.
    I do not need to know what items are beyond the climb.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Is it possible to change the default display of a Pokemon in the Pokedex? Like is it possible to change the default display of a male Pokemon to the female version of the same species? Or from Origin-Forme Giratina to Altered-Forme Giratina?

kakarot

Metal Coat is my friend!
    Years
    Keep at least one Pokemon in the PC with PKRS if you want to continue spreading it for at midnight any Pokemon with it not in the PC lose the spreadable quality of it.

They may have changed this rule for HG/SS because I left 5 out of 6 pokemon in my party with PKRS overnight and filled the empty spot in the morning. After KO'ing a few random pokemon, the newly added pokemon contracted the virus.

Good to know.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Breeding with Power Items

Breeding Differences

As GSC added breeding as a new feature, HGSS brought some new breeding features.

Firstly, there is a new way to pass down IVs from parents to the offspring, which is down via the Power items. If a parent holds one (or both parents hold two), then the stat that corresponds to power item will be passed down. The list:

• Power Weights: HP
    • Power Bracers: Attack
    • Power Belt: Defense
    • Power Lens: Sp. Attack
    • Power Band: Sp. Defense
    • Power Anklet: Speed
    I haven't been able to find an authoritative answer on how breeding mechanics work with Power items thrown in.

• Without a Power item, 3 IVs (which may overlap) are passed down from the parents. If a parent is holding an Power item, are 3 additional random IVs still passed down from the parents, or does the Power item change this?
    • If both parents hold a Power item, are two IVs passed down, and how does this affect the random IVs passed down from parents? Although I've read some claims that they are both always passed down, I also read that the chance is only about 25% or so, can anyone confirm this one way or the other?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    ^ Mrged with the Help thread as that's where questions are meant to go.

(I'm not sure but I think up to 3 IVs are passed down always power item or not?)

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I heard that there's a guy in Violet city who gives you items/pokemon if you say something specific? Is this true?

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years
    Hey guys i need some help. I just got back into Pokemon few days ago, just got SS today and been loving it. My problem is i can't find Route 11... i really want my snorlax since i only have 2 pokemon right now and have 4 badges. Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Route 11 is in Kanto, east of Vermillion City. You can't get there until after you beat the Elite Four.

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years
    Route 11 is in Kanto, east of Vermillion City. You can't get there until after you beat the Elite Four.
    Omg T___________T looks like I'll have only 2 pokemon for the the whole game. Well another question, where can i get those stones that evolve pokemon like Evee and such?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Unfortunately you can't buy them. If you go to Bulbapedia and search for "evolutionary stone" it has a list that tells you where you can get each type (this forum won't let me link to websites until I have 15 posts...)
    (Note that before you get the national pokedex, you can only get sun stones from winning the bug catching contest, not the others)

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    Omg T___________T looks like I'll have only 2 pokemon for the the whole game. Well another question, where can i get those stones that evolve pokemon like Evee and such?

Well, you can always get Munchlax from your Pokéwalker, assuming you have and use one. The Winner's Path event route currently being distributed has a Selfdestruct Munchlax, although it rarely appears. But if you're saying you'll only have 2 Pokémon the whole game, I'm guessing you're playing under some special rules?

I'd like to know this... How do I obtain Wormadam's Ground and Trash Cloak forms in this game?

I'm not entirely sure about all this, since I don't have a Burmy in my HG, but the Sand Cloak you can get by fighting in any cave, like probably Union Cave or Victory Road. As for the Trash Cloak...I've seen suggestions of Sprout Tower and the Mahogany Rocket Hideout...I can't check my game atm, but I assume the latter is still open? Or uh...ooo maybe a rematch with a Gym Leader, or one of those trainers in the Lighthouse? o.o Really wish I could try it myself right now...

Back