• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Im after an area to gain some levels for battling against the Elite 4 (round 2) and then Red afterwards.
    4 of the 6 in my team are under Lv.60 as they were somewhat later additions to the team.
    Any ideas?
    Either go for trainer rematches via the phone (full list here), or gym leader rematches (how to get numbers + calling times here). Note you can re-battle a specific trainer as many times as you want within that time period specified - you just have to call them again. Other than that, there's wild Pokemon on Mt Silver, I suppose...

Years
    I'm Torn

Lately I've been so torn between soulsilver and platinum. I can't decide which one i want to use as my main game. I LOVE soulsilvers graphics and all the new little details. If they were just mixed with platinum it would have been the ultimate game. My biggest problem is training. I'm finding that there are times when i play there isn't much options to train in soulsilver except for the league over and over which gets a tad boring after a bit. I just wish they had the vs seeker still. I've got the gym leaders numbers but idk i always miss their times and so forth. Is there some place i'm missing that can make this easier? The lack of the vs seeker is driving me back to platinum but i long for soulsilvers aesthetics.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well you can always change the time if you want - as long as you don't care about time-specific things for the time being (like berries and whatnot) which would be affected by the time-changing, you can use that to your advantage to refight people.

There's also your rival at the E4 at certain times/days, Red reappears after each time you beat the E4, and there's other trainers to call too which after a few battls end up being pretty decent so you can call at least someone at any specific day and time afaik. There are no other options afaik though bar wild Pokemon, and that's boring.

nm legend

Years
    why doesn't my riolu wanna breed.......does it have to be a lucario?

thanks to whoever can confirm this for me....

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    It depends what you are trying to breed Riolu with, you may be breeding it with an incompatible Egg Group. I believe I had breed Riolu in the past with out problems so I don't see that it would be an issue because it is not evolved.

nm legend

Years
    It depends what you are trying to breed Riolu with, you may be breeding it with an incompatible Egg Group. I believe I had breed Riolu in the past with out problems so I don't see that it would be an issue because it is not evolved.
    no it cant breed with dittos and riolu of a different gender.........so im guessing it has to be a lucario.....

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
    Years
    Hey, I need help with finding Leftovers. I'm aware that Snorlax Holds it but I beat it in battle instead of capturing because I didn't know at the time. Is there any other way I can get Leftovers? :)

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    Hey, I need help with finding Leftovers. I'm aware that Snorlax Holds it but I beat it in battle instead of capturing because I didn't know at the time. Is there any other way I can get Leftovers? :)

I think it's only found by wild Snorlax or using Pick-Up (1% chance with Pick-Up only with 81-100 level Pokémon)
    In original G/S you could find them from Celadon City's restaurant bin, but I think you can't find them there in HG/SS which is a shame...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Beat Elite 4 again and Snorlax will show up. Capture it, and get Leftovers.
    Another solution is to use Thief on Snorlax to steal its Leftovers, then run from the battle. Beat the E4 again, and Snorlax will respawn (holding another Leftovers).

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    hey, is anyone lagging?

i have nintendo ds lite and im playing ss
    i feel my game is lagging and the resolution is bad?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years

Buy the game!.

Well maybe it's your Ds finally coming to a stop :| BUT. Soul Silver does run quite slow so that might be the lagging part, although the resolution part Idk, maybe your playing on an R4?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021

Lagging? Like, stuttering when moving and not-so-smooth animation in battles?

If so, the games run in 30 FPS. Instead of 60 FPS. 30 FPS without proper measures of blending between frames can make the game look choppy.

As for the resolution, all DS games run at the same resolution per screen: 256x192 per screen. Always. So... I don't know what are you talking about, unless you're comparing to a modern console game, then...

Midnight Moon~

Ninja Squirrel
    Years
    I heard that you can clone in HeartGold via the GTS like in DPPt, but I can't figure out how D: The little box in the lower-right corner goes around 9.5 times before the pokemon gets sent through. Can anyone lemme know how I can clone in HG? I don't know when to turn it off at the GTS or anything. Thanks :3

Back