• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi there everyone!

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    Hi there everyone, I'm trueegee, I've been kinda lurking in this forum for a while, but I finally decided to make an account. I really enjoy fangames and I'm interested in game development related stuff, so I thought I could maybe try to make some contribution to the community.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Hello trueegee, welcome to poke community forums, I hope you like hanging around with us and if you have any questions, you can message andly staff here :)

pkmin3033

Welcome to PC! It's a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

If you're interested in the game development side of things, I'd recommend checking out the ROM Hacking section, as well as the Game Development board if you're interested in creating other types of games too. They've got everyting you'll need to make your own contribution! Plus plenty of examples of high quality work made by other members, of course. I wish you the best of luck! That stuff is far too intimidating to me even with the tutorials. xD

Anyways, if you ever need anything, or just want someone to chat to, feel free to VM or PM me anytime. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums~

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's nice to see you on board, friend; welcome to PokéCommunity!

I haven't played much fan-games before, unfortunately, but I did play ROM hacks, and some of them were quite good. My most favorite would likely have to be Ruby Destiny series, as I'd fond their plots to be rather engaging. If you get the chance, I would definitely recommend giving these games a go; they are great, haha. I'm sure you'll like playing.

I hope you have an enjoyable stay here, True, and have fun posting around. If you wish to chat with somebody, I'm here, so please feel free to drop a message on my profile at any time, and I'll respond as soon as I see!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Hello, trueegee. You reminded me when I was lurking around long before joining here, haha. I'm glad that you decided to join here, so welcome! Feel free to contribute to PC as long as you wish :)

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Hi there! Welcome to the community! It's nice having you here, as we do love more people. Since you love gamedev, a field I am not really fond of, I suggest you hop over to hereherehere to get you started.

Anyway, enjoy your time in PC!

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    Thanks for your warm welcome :) I've already played quite a few fanmade games and romhacks from these forums, but I always look forward to playing new ones. I have actually been visiting these forums for quite a while, but I guess I just didn't feel like making an account back then :P

Also, @Zeria, I like that Ibuki Mioda avatar (*pointing!*) :D

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Well hello, hello there, trueegee~! A very interesting username! But good; it really rolls off the tongue a bit. :3
    Haha, welcome to the PC forums! I'm Dragon, and it's a pleasure to meet you today. ♥

So, what sort of the fangames or ROM hacks have caught your eye the most? I'm pretty fond with a game called Pokemon Dark Rising 2, as well as Pokemon Ash Grey, and Pokemon Liquid Crystal, which are pretty old ones, but they're still pretty awesome in my opinion! I think that there will be a Zelda/Pokemon Crossover game in the future too, which I can't wait t check that out too. :3 I hope that you'll enjoy yourself over there, as well as anywhere else you like! <33

I really hope you enjoy yourself! Check out the Helpful Links thread if you're looking for something to get started to! Also, please feel free to VM, or PM me if you ever want to chat or just need some help! I'd be delighted to talk to you anytime!

Years
  • And another welcome where I'm the last one to say hello, but it's still not going to hurt. Welcome by the way, Trueegee!

Given fangames and hacks tend to be your major interest here, the others already covered those aspects of the forums, recommending both the ROM Hacking and Game Development boards. One is tailored to hacks, while the other isn't but you'll notice the difference some time soon since you'll really love the stuff they have around. There's lots of nice tools you can use to make them, as Zeria said earlier.

Good luck and hopefully you will love hanging out with everyone, and I'm always around if you want to talk!

- Hikamaru

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    @Dragon: Considering there aren't too many finished non-Romhack fangames, it's hard for me to say which I like the most (considering demos tend to vary in length, it's hard to say if the rest of the game is going to be as good or maybe even better :) ), but as for romhacks I kinda liked ShinyGold - probably because it was the first hack I played and I was really amazed how the creator was able to remake Johto in a GBA engine, so it kinda got me interested in fangames. Now that I think about it, I haven't played most of the famous hacks, mostly because I took a little break from playing Pokemon games after B2W2, but once I have more time I plan to check them out.

@Hikamaru: Don't worry, I already know what these boards are about but thanks for caring to reply anyway :)

Years
  • Awe yes Shiny Gold was how I originally found this forum to begin with, heh. Made an account solely for ROM hacking-related things back in 2006 and then rejoined in 2011 under this account to participate more.. it's been a fantastic experience since. You're sure to have just as much fun as we all do. [: Welcome to PC, trueegee!

Awesome seeing that you're already getting involved and posting as well so from the looks of things you're sure to be a promising member. We do have quite a lot of people popping in here to learn more about the game-making aspect, be it ROM hacking or non-hacked games, so there certainly isn't a shortage of tools and help threads.

Have a blast and enjoy working on your projects. ♥ If you're confused and unsure where to post you're welcome to ask one of our amazing staff. Cheers!

Back