• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi ya'll! Pokemon Red/Blue fan here

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    Hi ya'll! I'm from New York and I've been a Pokemon fan for 16 years. It's been a while since I've participated in a forum, but this seems like a cool community and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.

I first started with Pokemon Blue when it first came out, and since then I've played a game from pretty much every generation. Red/Blue have a special place in my heart, but I think G/S/C were also really well done, and offered a ton of great advancements to the series. I'm a 90's kid, so I was all caught up with Pokemon when it was really popular (games, cards, and even those gold-plated Burger King tablets in the shiny poke balls!)

Right now I just finished the new Unova Dex in Black 2. My sights are set on finishing the Nat dex. I also recently figured out how to RNG in Black 2, and I'd love to help out anyone who's struggling to learn (it sure wasn't easy for me at first!)

I'd love some tips about where I should start posting, and feel free to tell me about yourself and how long you've been a member here. Thanks, and happy catching 'em all!

Years
  • Hey there Venusawr, welcome to PC! :D

If you're a RBY lover, than this is the board to check out! If you need any help, then don't hesitate in asking a mod, super mod, or any admin. :)

As for how long members have been here, you can view that in their profile or on the right side of posts. Hope that helps. ;)

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Ohai Venusawr, first I'll welcome to PC!

The moderator of the R/B/Y forum is Sydian. Don't be scared to ask her questions, she is extremely kind and is really helpful. Also if you're into RNGing and need help with that national dex, swing past the Trade Corner. Also feel free to ask me for any help. I've played all the games enough, especially the first 3 generations, to know them like the back of my hand.

Years
  • Welcome to the forum! I myself have been a fan of Pokemon since the days of Red and Blue as well. I actually picked up Red version the day it came out! GSC are my favorites though. I also tried my hand at RNGing, but failed :<

Anyway, enjoy it here!

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • Ohohohoho, someone else who can RNG > 3< Welcome to PokeCommunity! I'm the newest moderator here and I mod the Trade Corner. So if you need any help, feel free to send me, Mac, or twistedpuppy a message. Trade Corner is where all the discussion about the trading goes on, so come on over and participate a little. It'll help raise your post count and you need at least 15 to post links and images here. We've got a guide and discussion thread just for RNGing right here, so i f you see another member struggling, feel free to give them a helping hand. You can also use it refresh you memory if you need to and also discuss your own and other member's RNG projects. So you can definitely post around here. We also have the Trade Shops sub-forum where you can browse other's shops, look for a quick trade, or even create your own thread! Just make sure you read all TC rules to prevent any accidental rule breaking later on. However posts in this sub-forum do not add to you post count, so don't post willy nilly assuming that it'll increase it >.<

As for myself, I'm a 17 year old senior in high school and I've been a member here for a little over four years give or take. I hope this doesn't intimidate you in any way (I'm a really nice guy, shoot me a VM if you want to talk or find me over at the TC chat channel). I collect event Pokemon, so definitely stop by my shop if you think you have anything that might interest me ;3 Anyhow, I'm just rambling on now so I'll end it here. Welcome again to PokeCommunity and I hope you enjoy your time here :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello Venusawr, and welcome!

Given your username, I assume you love Venusaur? It was a very useful Pokemon back in the 1st Generation days due to the fact it had a type advantage over the early gyms and remains a solid player throughout the game. Then it got Chlorophyll come 5th Generation and it found a new use on sun-based teams in competitive play.

And as Tabor said, the Trade Corner section might be a good place for you since it has a guide on the Random Number Generator (RNG) and it even has a chatroom and Trade Shops you can check out, as well as the Quick Trade Thread for simple trades. Since you've been playing all the generations you should check out all the threads in the General and Current Generation Gaming boards, which house all the Pokemon gaming boards. Nice to see you're playing Black 2, 5th Generation had my fave games in the series, especially Black 2 & White 2!

I'm Hikari, from Australia and I've been a member here for 2 years now. If you ever need help, contact a moderator or you can just talk to me anytime by sending me a visitor message! Enjoy your stay at PC btw.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    Hey everyone thanks for replying! Glad to be a part of this community, and thanks for welcoming me!

Venusaur was the evolved form of my very first starter, Bulbasaur. I remember Razor Leaf was my favorite move, since I always seemed to have good luck scoring critical hits. Unfortunately I lost my copy of Pokemon Blue and all my first Pokes. I do have a copy of Pokemon Red to relive old memories, fortunately. ^_^

Anyway, see ya'll around PC! :)

Cid

Years
  • I owe this Sawr a reply. :3

Welcome to PC, Venusawr! :D I'm looking forward to meeting you, too. I know a few people here that are from New York so knowing that you live near them is pretty cool! I'm thinking if PC ever arranges a huge meetup it's gonna be right there at your state, haha. The name's Cid, by the way.

Ahh another person who started with the classics. I can't say I started with Red or Blue specifically, but Yellow is pretty close to those two, I think! And besides, I beat my second Pokémon game, Blue, waay before my first game, Yellow. :P So I think I count as a person who started out with Blue. And as that person, I definitely have a soft spot for R/B like you. G/S/C was my favorite generation bar none, however, so I'm glad you acknowledged its coolness at least. ;) I only really recall memories from the late 90's so I can't say I'm a kid of that generation, but I do remember Pokémon in its peak like that. Despite living oceans away from the West. lol.

Congrats on finishing the Unova Dex by the way! National Dex sounds like a huge undertaking, but I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off. As for RNG, I seriously need to try my hand at it again. I remember asking a friend stuff about it but I just never continued. XD; Maybe I can ask for your help sometime! If I decide to continue where I left off in my learning curve, that is. Dunno when that's gonna happen, but we'll see.

As for tips, just post in whatever thread piques your curiosity! Some threads are more active than others, so if you're looking for a relatively active thread, clicking on the New Posts link at the top of the page is a good way to see where people have recently posted. :) Oh and Zach, Vappy, Tabor and Hikari also linked to cool little sections that suit your immediate interests, so if you haven't checked those out, make sure you do so! Oh and by the way, Razor Leaf is actually a super mod here at PC, so you might want to meet him. It was your favorite move, after all. :3 I'm more of a Squirtle guy myself, but Venusaur kicks ass this generation for sure.

Oh hey, I get the chance to tell you about myself too? That's certainly a rare experience. Let's see, I'm Cid and I've been here since March 2008, around five years, in fact. I'm also a mod of this section you're in, The Welcome Lounge, although I haven't been posting as often as I'd like to because of summer classes and college mishaps. -_-; Still, I can help you out with anything. Newbies can ask for help from me or Cirno...or anyone willing to offer their assistance, really! We're a pretty friendly bunch.

I think I'll end this here since this might be a bit of a pain to look at by now, haha. Just make experiences and have lots and lots of fun during your PC stay. See you around, Venusawr!

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
    Years
  • Hey there Venusawr! your user tells me that you love venusaur so much. Anyways, welcome to PC! It's fun to have a new members here, since most of here online are guest. Most of them are downloading Rom hack that's why. Glad to see a PKMN Red/Blue lover. Hope you enjoy your stay at PC! Chow~

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Hey there Venusawr! Welcome.

I've been a fan since the beginning too myself though my first game was Red. So I'm a big fan of the games too cause of all the memories they bring back. While my favorite Gen was gen III, I still greatly cherish the fist games of the 90s. By the way, Venusaur was my starter Pokemon in FireRed, or I should say, Bulbasaur, but you get the point. Both are pretty awesome either way. I've always been a fan of the Grass starters, particularly Treecko, so I'm a big fan of Bulbasaur's line as well.

Congrats on completing the Unova dex in Black 2. I honestly have never completed a Pokedex in any game so that's not an accomplishment I can't claim myself. But congrats to you and good luck with the National Dex! I honestly love Black 2 and the 5th Generation. The games are great and definitely have the best storyline. So Black 2 has gotta be in my top 5 favorite Pokemon games. :)

I guess I should introduce myself then. I'm AWsquared or you can call me AW or by my real name , Aaron. I'm from St.Louis , Missouri and I'm 20 years old ,but I'm gonna be 21 on May 14. I've been a member of PC since February of 2012, so I've been here for over one year. I love PC to death and that really well explains my almost 2000 posts. :3 As I said I've been a Pokemon fan since 1998 and I got into Pokemon through the anime. I got my first Pokemon game, Red version 2 years later and became obsessed with Pokemon ever since. I'm an art who mainly draws anime and though I haven't posted any art here yet , though I plan to post some soon. I wouldn't mind chatting with you, so don't be afraid to send me a visitor's message anytime. Nice meeting you and hope to see you around! Enjoy your stay here. :)

Back