• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2019
    I am new here and I am a beginner at rom hacking lol (currently trying to hack Leaf Green)

Years
    Welcome to PokeCommunity! I'm also a beginner at ROM hacking. Btw, beware, I've heard LeafGreen isn't compatible with as many tools as FireRed. Hope to see you around though!

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    Ello, Maverick. Welcome to the forums! My name is DJTiki, you can call me DJ or Tiki, whatever suits your personal preference. I am an avid ROM Hacker myself and I have to say that you stopped by the right place to learn the in's and out's of hacking. We have the ROM Hacking Hub, which is the host for everything for casual talks for hacking and you don't have to be an expert or anything to just talk. The subsections of ROM Hacking Hub is the Beginner's Lounge, where you ask any question regarding hacking and the Team Room, which is where you go to make your alliance of hackers to work on a project.

Of course, that is only a fraction of what we have in store. We have Tools, Tutorials, and Resources subforum where you get all of your tools and learn more about it.

When I first started hacking, a good year back, it looked intimidating, but once you get the basics down, it is a piece of cake. Of course, that isn't all to the Hacking sections and there are so much more to it, so any questions, just shoot me a VM(Visitor Message) or PM(Private Message). I'd be glad to go more in-depth and give you the grand tour.

Word of adivce, I would reccommend to hack Fire Red over Leaf Green, not much research has been done on Leaf Green and alot more tools and resources support it more. :) same goes for Sapphire.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
    I am new here and I am a beginner at rom hacking lol (currently trying to hack Leaf Green)

Hey Maverick, welcome to PC! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do. PC is famous for churning out quality ROM hacks, so I'm sure that you'll be able to pick up some useful tricks and tips with regards to hacking a ROM. In addition to the ROM hacking section that I'm sure you already know about, you should also check out Hacks Studio, and play through and maybe even dissect the award winning hacks. Hopefully you'll learn a thing or two.

Regardless, I hope you'll stick around and have fun. Feel free to VM/PM me if you want to ask anything or just to chat, I don't bite! Ciao. O/

Hiya Maverick! Good to have you aboard, welcome. n~n

Good luck hacking, it'll take a while but if you keep trying everything will pay off. I used to want to be a hacker many years ago but gave up before I even started and now the interest in that has died down quite a lot, haah.. though it really is great seeing all the work our lovely hackers put into their games. They've the motivation and drive I never had.

Enjoy your time on the community and hope we'll see you around. =) If you're lost and need some help you're welcome to ask a staff member. Let me know if you want to chat as well, all right?

Years
    And hello to you Maverick! Welcome to the forums.

Our ROM Hacking boards are one of the most popular spots of the forums so you definitely picked a great spot to hang around. Sadly I'm not really good at hacking, because of all those complex codes that I'd have trouble remembering but I know the devotion a lot of hackers put in to finish their games.

Good luck with any projects you have, and you can always contact any staff members should you need their help. Have fun and see you around!

- Hikamaru

Dramon Knight

Anti-Social Membrane
    Years
    Nice to meet you, I'm also here for ROM Hacking but ORAS has my attention too. :P

Hopefully I'll see you on the forums. I don't really hack Leaf Green so I couldn't help you much with it but I have used tools like AdvanceMap + some Script editing in it before so I could maybe help a teeny bit.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Well we have a whole section for rom hacking and good luck with it also all masters have to start somewhere whether it be beginner or rookie :p if u have any questions feel free to pm me welcome to PC and nice to meet u :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2018
    Welcome I am also a beginner at rom hacking hopefully we could work together and maybe things would go smoother lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2019
    I am actually considering now to try Fire Red or Ruby because of the tool compatibility issue lol

Back