• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hibernation mode: ACTIVATE

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    So it has been suddenly super cold here since Friday, I want to say unseasonably so. The east coast just can't catch a break, even the south. Anyway, as I am sitting here typing this with icicle fingers (thanks, poor circulation), missing the warm weather that was only a couple of weeks ago, I thought about making a thread about preferred or hated weather, and perhaps you reasoning behind your choices.

For me, I despise the cold and air that is too dry. Any amount of cold is unbearably distracting, and bundling up past the point of efficient mobility is a bother, not to mention how easy it is for certain kinds of cold to bypass all defenses anyway. As for dry air, it is a side effect of cold, and my skin dries out super easily as well, which is a neverending battle in the winter. I'm not fond of snow or ice because I don't like being trapped or anything making people suck at driving more than they already do.

I like temperatures in the high 70s to mid 80s and reasonable humidity. Ideal skies are partly cloudy, but rain and sun are both good. I need warmth and moisture, and sunlight is nice. Higher temps are fine too because of my much stronger tolerance of heat than cold.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I can't stand the cold weather but living in Michigan you'd think I'd be use to it. I usually get a dried out nose during the winter and I hate it. I want my warm weather back.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I only truly dislike the cold when it's so cold that the inside of my nose freezes immediately upon exiting the door. Otherwise, I'm fine with it

Tree_x

Breeder
    Years
  • Agreed like the bears I will be indoors gathering myself for the coming seasons. The cold makes existing uncomfortable like the heat but in a like need pricking your skin way, and I have a distaste for being forced to vibrate for warmth in the case of shivering.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Being from Michigan, as I am (or Canada or wherever is perceived as cold), only gets you so far. Once it hits freezing I think we all start to have the same tolerance level for the cold. And it's not even that it's been that cold, it's just really windy. I'm kinda a hypocrite because I'm still wearing shorts pretty much every day, but I assure you, I'm still cold haha.

But yeah I like warm weather, like Spring weather, 60-70F is nice.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Today it was cold - though colder with wind blowing - and a nice balanced temperature when the sun was out from behind the clouds. That's my ideal weather. Either that or overcast without wind blowing. Then it's not too cold, since the sun is gone, but not too warm or anything. Today was actually really, really perfect. I wish everyday was today as far as weather is concerned. Mind you I live in Texas, so finding perfect weather happens once in a blue moon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    While I'm not a huge fan of the cold, like Michigan, I prefer it to extremely hot, like Oklahoma. You can always bundle up, but sitting in bed almost naked while drenched in sweat... that's not fun. -_-

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • While I'm not a huge fan of the cold, like Michigan, I prefer it to extremely hot, like Oklahoma. You can always bundle up, but sitting in bed almost naked while drenched in sweat... that's not fun. -_-

Agreed; you can bundle up in as much clothing as you like when it's cold, but you can only shed so much when it gets really hot.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    Ahh, the old layers arguement. But with heat (at least indoors) you got fans and A/C, and you can still move around freely when dressed light. Georgia summers are just fine with my ceiling fan, and every other place I've been keeps their A/C on way too high so I am never hot indoors. If my job involved being outside all day, though, then yeah, the heat would be hellish. For leisure, tolerable, though.

If it's so cold you gotta pile on enough layers to look like the dang Michelin Man you lose some range of motion, not to mention if you're a lady you can say goodbye to any figure you had (no joke, a kid back in college once said "oh wow, you're actually sexy!" when I came in one day without 50 sweaters on. That school was frigid so I'd bring them year-round). If you swaddle in a cocoon of blankets you're pretty much confined to that spot and it's rather troubling getting in and out of it and resealing the drafty parts every time you have to get up. Gloves also make things a bother, though at least they've invented touch screen gloves (I haven't bought any yet but probably will this winter). You can't really eat with gloves on or feel around for something in a bag or pocket.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    I can see both sides, having lived in both very cold and very hot places.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Cold? I have no idea. What is this "cold" you're talking about?

Confessions of a tropical country

pkmin3033

I love the cold! Mostly because the cold comes with winter, which is my favourite time of the year. Just as long as its dry as well. Being cold AND wet is absolutely no fun at all, because then its practically impossible to get warm for the rest of the day unless you immediately take a hot bath or shower, which isn't always feasible. I like bundling up in blankets and just curling up in a chair, though. There's something very satisfying about it.

I can't stand the heat...we don't have air conditioning, fans are extremely noisy, and the heat brings too many complaints with it: I can't sleep at night, no matter how much I drink I get a headache from dehydration/heat, doing anything at all that isn't sitting down and trying to forget about how hot it is makes me feel awful...and so on. Going over about 24-25 degrees is too hot for me. I'd do terribly in most other countries. xD

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • It was really, really hot today. I live in Australia and the weather here is all kinds of backwards, e.g. Sunday was 33 degrees celsius but we had a storm midday with lots of rain and wind. It was really odd. But anyway, I despise the heat when it's constant; a week or two of solid sunshine and hot days and I'm pretty much ready for the cold embrace of death. I'm a massive fan of rain days and hibernation and what not, so I'd really prefer for it to constantly be cold.

You can dress up in layers to add warmth. Once you're naked, you can't dress down anymore to escape the cold.

Years
  • Ok so Im weird and I've already been told so, but I actually like cold, rainy, snowy, windy weather. I actually often go out with music in my ears when everyone else go in cos its raining/snowing/almost nighttime, just to clear my mind, and it works like a bliss.

It's actually quite warm these days, but they're prognosing (why is it saying this is not a word?! this should be a word!) wind rain and whatnot in a near future so yeah.

Im content with most kind of weathers. I like changes in weather :D

Years
  • I hate the heat. I hate sweating. I hate feeling hot.

I love the cold. I love being freezing. I love wearing sweats and going under the covers to get warm :3

Back