• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hiding Under a Rock

Mapleseruhp

Author Maple
Years
  • Personally, I'm fine with having content/pokemon leaks but video footage of actual gameplay seems too much for more. I'm going to be doing the same thing as you OP.

Rain

Years
  • I was fine with spoilers about all of the new pokemon to help me decide my team, but plot spoilers? I'm joining you underneath the rock.

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    I wanted to avoid spoilers but woke up one day with an image of the leaked Pokemon sitting in my IM from my girlfriend, and because of that I don't care if I see their names, abilities and so on at this point. I'm avoiding plot spoilers though.

It isn't hard for me to avoid things because I don't hang around places that would just spoil without warning, and don't follow any Pokemon Youtubers at all. I've actually blacklisted some of the known-to-be-obnoxious ones using a plugin so their thumbnails will never show up in my recommended lists.

I will say, though, that they officially revealed far too much information as it is anyway. TPC doesn't know how to handle this kind of thing in my honest opinion. It's like when a movie trailer spoils the plot or something.

Years
  • I don't mind viewing all the datamine leaks we've been getting lately. I usually like to know what to expect when I play the games.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • So I think I accidently saw who the Champion is which kinda annoyed me as it was the main thing I was trying to avoid lmao buuuut, I've managed to avoid everything else! I've seen all the new Pokémon with the demo datamine, apart from those and the Champion though, I'm totally in the dark with the rest of it in terms of features, plot, character backgrounds ect.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't mind looking at any of the spoilers at all (Pokemon, bits of the story, etc.). It helps me prepare for what to expect.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I've been doing pretty good at avoiding story spoilers so far, except for a returning character, a plot point that I kind of expected, and one of the boss's ace Pokemon. Otherwise though I did a good job by refusing to check reddit and being very careful on Youtube. Helps that I'm buying time by playing Fire Emblem and working. So close!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Do you think the forums will remain safe after tomorrow or should Europeons just get out altogether?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Do you think the forums will remain safe after tomorrow or should Europeons just get out altogether?

If you don't wanna see any spoilers then its probably best to avoid certain threads from tomorrow. Once the games go live in the U.S, many people will be posting images and what not which I doubt will have spoiler warnings since they will be officially released. D:

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    I know of all the Pokemon, but I've stayed away from most story spoilers.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Just a few more hours today, then work tomorrow, that's all I gotta avoid spoilers for, so I'm pretty happy. There's no way in hell I'm going online once I have the games in my hands haha.

Back