• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Its pokemon. its not supposed to make any sense.

haha but still its hands look so swollen and fat.

Now looking at its broccoli head a little closer it looks a lot like a tree, but then again broccoli looks like a tree. I think I might still call it the broccoli monkey until the English name is released.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    haha but still its hands look so swollen and fat.

Now looking at its broccoli head a little closer it looks a lot like a tree, but then again broccoli looks like a tree. I think I might still call it the broccoli monkey until the English name is released.

Maybe there is a reason it has chubby hands. It does have the ability Gluttony after all. He could become super chubby.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    @above: It's still possible.

As much as I think it won't get an evolution, I think it'll be a larger ape that... won't be that appealing (think Slaking x Primeape x Aipom's evolution all at once) :x That's only if it gets an evolution, hopefully not!

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Omg it's basically a combination of Aipom and Chimchar.

It looks nothing like Chimchar. :|

I can see how it looks like Aipom. But I think saying it looks like Chimchar is like saying Gyarados looks like Milotic. Sure, similar bodies. But they still look nothing alike.

Years
    At first I didn't really like it, but it's really hard to judge because we still have to see what the evo's look like and the cool Pokémon right now might have really bad ones, but the lame ones might turn out amazing. But for now I think it's decent.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Anyone else notice the spinach tail? and a broccoli head, so it's quite the healthy pokemon. And I hope it doesn't evolve... Aipom was cute but ambipom is just... no.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    And whats wrong with that? Everyone can have their opinion, and you can have yours. There's no reason to have to point fingers at most people because they would rather Yanappu be "cute" rather than anything else.

On that note, I would rather it be cute too when it evolves. I'm not going to lie when I say that I do care for looks, but it's not a major part in playing which Pokemon I would use. It's a personal preference that I would like it's appearance to improve a bit more in it's evolution than anything else, and it most likely will, if it does have an evo. At least, I'm hoping things aren't worse. D:
    Well I'm not pointing fingers...I am just giving my opinion that people care too much about cuteness...the world isn't cute...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Kay MRAS, we get that the world isn't cute, but yeah, we all have different interests and apparently the majority of us prefer cuteness over strength.

However, I'd find it strange if it got a cute evolution though - something strong looking is likely.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Kay MRAS, we get that the world isn't cute, but yeah, we all have different interests and apparently the majority of us prefer cuteness over strength.

However, I'd find it strange if it got a cute evolution though - something strong looking is likely.
    Well I'm hoping for something like Breloom only a monkey instead of...well what ever breloom is, strong but has a cute charm...I like cute things too...

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)
    +
    +
    =

Broccoli + Spinach + Monkey = Yanappu!

Back