• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

The Red Chain

I want the sea monkey so far. I've always loved real sea monkeys, and used to always get those kits to hatch and raise your own.
    They are super cute. >w<

We haven't yet seen any of them from the front, but I'm sure they resemble Yanappu pretty close. It would be interesting if they had a Normal type baby monkey that evolves into either of those three through special conditions.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I love the blue one <3 I dont think there will be any more of the monkey typing. I think it will be just water, fire and grass and no others. I do believe they are real. Everything Serebii has revealed has been accurate so far.

Years
  • There are three of them now? Are they the three wise monkeys? I guess they are novelty Pokemon like Plusle and Minun then. Despite the fact that its a novelty, I might still get the Yanappu as I still have my Minun.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • There are three of them now? Are they the three wise monkeys? I guess they are novelty Pokemon like Plusle and Minun then. Despite the fact that its a novelty, I might still get the Yanappu as I still have my Minun.

If they evolve they will probably be on the teams of a lot of people. I would use them if they evolved for sure. A Fire, Grass and Water type right up front (assuming they are early in game) would be great for my team. I could probably also catch Emonga, Munna and Gigaiasu's base form while I am at it.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • i think the three monkeys will have one evolution i hope
    and i like the water monkey :)

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I searched Deviantart for Hiyappu and I got this:
    https://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=Hiyappu#/d2y2cso

I translated it into english using a crappy internet translator in the spoiler below. Keep in mind that this person probably didn't know the whole name switch thing.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • If they evolve they will probably be on the teams of a lot of people. I would use them if they evolved for sure. A Fire, Grass and Water type right up front (assuming they are early in game) would be great for my team. I could probably also catch Emonga, Munna and Gigaiasu's base form while I am at it.
    Well the pokemon the first gym leader uses are usually seen at the start of the game so I think these monkeys will too :)

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I searched Deviantart for Hiyappu and I got this:
    https://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=Hiyappu#/d2y2cso

I translated it into english using a crappy internet translator in the spoiler below. Keep in mind that this person probably didn't know the whole name switch thing.

That's not Hiyappu, that's a Yanappu recolor

It does not help that we only see Yanappus head and not the head of the other one because it is covered by moonspeak and the HP bar......

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think they are the new "eeveelutions".

I was thinking about this, but I wouldn't like for them to replace the eeveelution line. Sure they could be similar, but I'd like for at least another eeveelution down the line. Although if Black and White keeps its word of an "all new everything" I would just have to get used to it. However seeing as they are known as the "monkey trio" it fits the shoe best, and seeing as the eeveelutions have more than 3, I doubt the monkeys will be the next eeveelutions.

Aside from that I fond a lot of water type pokémon, and the water monkey looks pretty awesome from what I can see (the back of its head). :x

Last edited:

Shinjiro

Secret Request Helper.
    Years
  • Yeah! I've gotten excited to Yanappu before. Especially since they announce that Yanappu is actually one of a trio monkey just like itself. This is cool! I wonder if they have an Evolutions.

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
  • Since they're the new Plusle/Minun assuming they're real, they won't have evolutions.

Pokexperto says otherwise.

I honestly take what he says true considering what went on last generation with his site.

The only thing he has given us that was fake was the starter evos.

This was fanart made by a guy on Pokejungle:
    Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

When shown to Melkor of Pokexperto he said the only thing that was wrong was the lack of white armpit hair. Basically Yanappu evolves and gets an Elvis Forelock. This makes sense because one of the designers of pokemon interviewed in the Poke Pia magazine said they studied hair styles.

Also according to Melkor, Hiyappu's evo gets dreadlocks.

Last edited:

lucaspontes

One of Them
    Years

• I was thinking about this, but I wouldn't like for them to replace the eeveelution line. Sure they could be similar, but I'd like for at least another eeveelution down the line. Although if Black and White keeps its word of an "all new everything" I would just have to get used to it. However seeing as they are known as the "monkey trio" it fits the shoe best, and seeing as the eeveelutions have more than 3, I doubt the monkeys will be the next eeveelutions.

Aside from that I fond a lot of water type pokémon, and the water monkey looks pretty awesome from what I can see (the back of its head). :x

Actually, I was thinking that there would be a pre-evo that could evolve in one of the monkey trio, and in Gen I there were only 3 eeveelutions. I'm not hoping that they will be the new ones, but I think that there won't be any new eeveelutions in Gen IV, so replacing them is possible.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Well it seems like this Monkey Trio is based on the Three Wise Monkeys.

Yanappu, with its mouth open, represents "Speak No Evil."

With its hand by its ear, Baoppu represents "Hear No Evil."

Hiyappu, with its eyes closed, represents "See No Evil."

These GameFreak guys are geniuses! :)

P.S. Information taken from Bulbapedia.

Years
  • I loooove the 3 wise monkeys portrayal with the monkeys~ <333
    But if Yanapuu represents "speak no evil" shouldn't it be covering its mouth? Looks like it IS speaking evil. :BB

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The Speak No Evil, Hear No Evil and See No Evil is a fitting concept. :) I guess it should have been expected that GameFreak would have used that concept considering they used three monkeys for this generation. Plus it always seems like they use older myths and stories to base upon their created pokémon; these are no exception.

Back