• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooper16

The Bionic Man
Years
  • I have both of them, and my Leaf Green still needs to get completed. xD And Fire Red was fun; I found a shiny Nidoran Male in the Safari Zone, and managed to capture it! :D Boy, what an experience that was! (I wish not to repeat it though...)

Years
  • I should reset mine. Be a fun diversion leading up to my birthday. Still got my SP, classic GBA and a link cable. Just love how easy the game gets with Parasect, Butterfree, Clefable and Dugtrio.

Commons <3

Years
  • Gj with that Chansey! :D

Also, no luck in Safari, the rarest thing I got is a Venomoth >.>

Also #2, Jolteon kicked whole Sabrina's Gym's butt with just Thunderbolt and Shadow ball. Almost too easy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    Sven, thanks! I'm using Jolteon for the first time and I never realized how much of a beast he can be!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Yus. Me is still playing this game. Right now, I'm trying to trade over 'mon from R/S/E so that I can complete my National Dex. :) I plan to do the same in R/S/E once it's completed.

Years
  • I know, right, he is kicking some serious ass. I didnt make him the main arse kicker cos Umbreon is usually my companion so I dont want an Eevolution to always have a better rank in my team. Now it's a Scyther which I like a lot. I'll let him be over leveled in my team :D

I wish I could trade. I have a GB Pocket, GBA, DS Lite, and none of them are compatible :/

Also, Kangaskhan and Tauros caught, only Chansey left among the grass encountered Pokemon. Such a btch, this is going to take a while.

Edit: ignore my English mistakes, I try to write these as quickly as possible and sometime end up sounding like I am using a really bad translator. :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • Has anyone beaten E4 already? I got tired of constant trying(read: lazy), so for now, I have my Scyther at Daycare, and I've put some paper on the UP button and and let the guy go up and down in the Viridian gym while I was asleep. 4 levels only though, so I'll just let it be like day this whole day.
    I also had a (bad)dream of glitching up a game cos of this :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    I haven't really had a chance to play lately :(. Between getting ready to move and work, not to mention finally getting a copy of Y, Leafgreen hasn't been getting as much love, haha!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    No, not at the moment. However, after exams I want replay this game with a challenge. Maybe Nuzlocke, what do you guys think? What challenge would you do with this game? I'v never done a Nuzlocke, it could be fun! FireRed and LeafGreen remakes were one of my favorites.

Years
  • I haven't really had a chance to play lately :(. Between getting ready to move and work, not to mention finally getting a copy of Y, Leafgreen hasn't been getting as much love, haha!

Poor Leafgreen :/

No, not at the moment. However, after exams I want replay this game with a challenge. Maybe Nuzlocke, what do you guys think? What challenge would you do with this game? I'v never done a Nuzlocke, it could be fun! FireRed and LeafGreen remakes were one of my favorites.

I am not planning to play Nuzlocke, I dont like the idea of getting Pokemon killed, plus, I dont like boundaries. Actually I really dont like them, I hate them, so yeah xD

I wanna brag about the fact that I finally bought myself Soulsilver,Black and White for only 40$! :D

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2015
    Awesome news!! The person who ordered it for me received it today and is giving it to me today or tomorrow! Can finally get into it :3
    I shall be in this sub forum more often when I start!

Hmm kinda bumped this thread, is that okay?

Years
  • Awesome news!! The person who ordered it for me received it today and is giving it to me today or tomorrow! Can finally get into it :3
    I shall be in this sub forum more often when I start!

Hmm kinda bumped this thread, is that okay?

Awesome :D

It's okay, I dont want to be the only one to post :D

Elite Four beaten. Time to explore the islands :D

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Congrats on winning!

I bought a GBASP around christmas with the intentions to buy the copys, I've just been worried about getting a bootleg, so I sort of haven't yet... lol. If you know a good site to buy the games from, I'll do it and join in the fun again :)

And ugh, I dont know. I never bought any of my games over Ebay or such sites. I bought them from our, Croatian version of sites, but it was a pain. It took me a year to get Firered, and half a year for for Yellow and Crystal.
    Regarding the bootlegs, feel free to send me pics, or post them on forum, there are many ways to recognize them without actually having them yet. I was worried about that too so yeah, I had to learn the difference :D

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2015
    Nooooo, I got ruby and the internal battery has run dry... Still worth playing? What am I actually missing out on?
    Also my friend can't find his FR or LG at the moment so I won't be at this thread until then lol, will be in this sub forum however. :P

EDIT: Apologies for posting about Ruby in a FR LG thread.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Nooooo, I got ruby and the internal battery has run dry... Still worth playing? What am I actually missing out on?
    Also my friend can't find his FR or LG at the moment so I won't be at this thread until then lol, will be in this sub forum however. :P

EDIT: Apologies for posting about Ruby in a FR LG thread.

It's worth playing if you don't care about the tides or berrys.

Sorry about posting about ruby as well.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2015
    It's worth playing if you don't care about the tides or berrys.

Sorry about posting about ruby as well.

I will live xD It would be hard to find one with a working battery nowadays anyway right? They are very old.

Sorry for posting about it again.

Years
  • I will live xD It would be hard to find one with a working battery nowadays anyway right? They are very old.

Sorry for posting about it again.

You are not missing out on too much. You wont be able to grow berries, tides in the shoal cave. Also the lottery wont be working, and there will never be Roof sales with the stuff for secret bases. Also, unless the day when the battery died is the day Mirage island shows up, which is not likely, you'll never see Mirage island as well, the same goes for the rooftop sales. etc. You can find more on google :)

The battery you need is CR1616 for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. I believe they aren't hard to get, but it can be tricky to replace it. You have youtube tutorials so check them out. I changed batteries on my Silver and Crystal, it's not as hard as it might look at first. But you have to be careful of course.

To sum up, my Sapphire's battery died as well, but I hope that now when I get Emerald, the game will be still working, I need those items from the Roof sales, and I really like the berries :D

I finished the game pretty much. Done with E4 and Sevii islands.

I'll train Scyther (94) to lvl 100 and will let the day care train Rhydon to 100. I'll try to fill up my pokedex a bit more too. But that is pretty much it.

Anyone else active in FR/LG?

Last edited by a moderator:

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
  • Last night, I decided to start another Emerald file. It's been a while, but I wanted to revisit Hoenn before I get Alpha Sapphire at the end of the year.

Unlike any of my previous Emerald files, I am aiming to complete the Hoenn Pokedex this time. As a result, I am currently paused in the second floor of the Pokémon Center, restarting my Ruby so I can get a Mudkip. (I started with Treecko in Emerald, and my old Ruby file had a female Torchic with the right nature alongside a Jolly Wishmaker Jirachi...needless to say, those two got traded over to Emerald).

Trainer name: Mo

Party members:

Zach the Treecko (Hasty male, Lv. 7)
    Lilla the Torchic (Adamant female, Lv. 6)

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
  • I started up the ol' Leaf Green as well as Emerald a couple days ago in wake of the Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire reveal. Nuzlocke for LG, nothing for Emerald. Ah, the feels are coming back. I feel old now; R/S released 11 years ago?

Back on topic...

On Leaf Green, I chose Bulbasaur as my stater and caught a Pidgey. Both are level 10 as of now. I saved in Viridian Forest.

On Emerald, I chose Treecko and caught a Shroomish and a Taillow so far. Treecko is level 13, Shroomish is level 12, Taillow is level 10. Saved on route 104.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back