• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProGuava

ʇnoɥs puɐ ʇsıʍʇ
Years
  • It is argument-ably the best music in all of the V generations...
    From growing up on this generation it gives the game a really cool atmosphere. Lots of trumpet use, and it sounds the most unique to me vs the other generation's music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k5oZ2lMvR0&playnext=1&list=PL9C480E052B674FD7

Listen, then leave a reply of your opinion. I just want quick answers not discussion or arguments...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I agree :) For some reason, it's the Hoenn games that have, maybe not the best tunes at all times, but the best composition of instruments, drums and general feeling. Although I really like Sinnoh's music as well, and the 2nd gen Johto music is always in my heart... but playing my Ruby game, running around in route 113 gathering ash and listening to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfARFF9S5Jg .... maaah!

Or the mount Pyre intro. It's too awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEtlhq1PxI4

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    RSE tracks were just the best imo. u___u; Some of my favorite tracks throughout the game were;
    THIS THIS AND THIS. But there are so many tracks within the game that I like, it'd be impossible to list them all. Even playing through the music now just gives me a strong nostaglic feeling from the games.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Certainly agree! All the harmonizing and bass work out very well! I think it has its own stlye that makes it very likeable. They should have more of its kind.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I love tracks from all games personally, but RSE sure did have a more unique sound than the others. Mostly cause it was the first time Pokemon had been on the GBA, I assume. But yeah, the trumpet was probably the most notable sound difference when compared to the generations before and after it. RSE is definitely the middle child in many ways, and music is one of them.

Hopefully they keep with it when these games are remade. :)

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • OMG I LOVE LILYCOVE!! <333
    Yeah. ^^;
    Slateport was also great for me. So nostalgic...
    RSE had wonderful music, when GF makes remakes, I can't wait to hear Remakes of song. They'll probably be better... or worse.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The battle music with Maxie/Archie: Best. Boss. Music. Ever.

The rest of the tunes were pretty good too, but the crashing cymbals that led up to those boss battles is what really stick out in my mind.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I like most of the main Pokemon game music tbh. RSE isn't my most favourite though...some tunes were a bit 'eh' to me and it sure had a heavy reliance on trumpets - but certainly overall I liked its music and it has some of my favourite tunes in it as well (like say the rival battle theme).

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Hoenn's music came a long way in terms of composing. The tunes were much more creative than in previous generations, in my opinion. However, you still can't beat that rich 8-bit tone.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • I think the Hoenn soundtrack was best in everything except the wild battle theme. That's the only one I have a problem with but hopefully it sounds better in the remakes.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • The Soundtrack for me, beat's them all. <: I love Rustboro city's music. :D I can't remember some other's lmao. Dewford cave is another piece of music I like to. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    R/S's soundbank is much better effort for the GBA than Pokémon sounded as a DS game. It was pretty cool at the time, and the compositions are also generally good.

Years
  • I agree I loved the music in this region, it was so vibrant and jubilant or something, and each area's composition is very recognizable and easily identifiable imo :)

At this moment in time, I can't get Brendan's theme out of my head lol :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I never really liked Hoenn's music that much at all. I liked it in the beginning but then after playing it for so long, it kind of got old.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back