• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holiday Desktop Screenshots Contest!

Years
  • 🎄 Holiday Desktop Screenshots Contest 🎅

Welcome

Hello, and welcome to the Holiday Desktop Screenshots Contest! The goal here is pretty simple, actually! All you have to do is take a screenshot of your desktop with a background that is themed around the holidays! Your desktop background doesn't have to be Pokémon-themed either, but it's definitely a nice touch!

The contest will run from December 5th through the December 31st! So have fun and be creative! :)

Guidelines

Here are some guidelines that need to be taken into consideration:

1. Your background must be in compliance with the PokéCommunity rules!
    2. Please print-screen your desktop! Do not simply submit what background is currently on your desktop without showing us your desktop, or else your entry will not count.
    3. Please close any active windows you may have open on your desktop! We want to see the whole background and not have part of it covered!
    4. I recommend imgur as the location to upload your desktop screenshot. Not only do they have an easy user interface, but they also allow you to upload your clipboard (Ctrl+V) without having to open up an image editor to save and submit your submission.

Judging

Each entry will be judged based on three criteria: quality of the background, colors, and how well it contrasts overall with the icons and other colors.

Prizes!

The winner of the contest will get Crystal-Tier Supportership! There's also a second place prize as well, which will be Silver-Tier Supportership here on PC!

Good luck everyone, and I really wish y'all the best!

Entry Form

If you're interested in participating, please submit your entry in this format!

Username:
    Image:
    Spoiler:

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • Username: Lucario
    Image:
    Spoiler:

Not strictly holiday/christmas themed, but I like scenic wallpapers and, y'know, snow? And winter? Also, going for contrast, light wallpaper and numix desktop theme.

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Ahhh darn, came out more pixilated than I hoped. Oh well.

Username: Decidueye
    Image:
    Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I figured I'd do this for fun :P Especially with me going wild with collecting Pokemon Wallpapers this year for pokemon. This isn't my favorite one, but the other one is too small and wouldn't really look good.

UsernameL: IcyIce
    Image:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Hi guys, I really apologize this has taken so long, but I am finally here to announce the winners! Unfortunately, some things happened since the time the contest started, all the way through to the new year that I hadn't really had the time to judge the contest. Things have gotten better for me since then, and as part of a new initiative to get S&T rolling through into 2017, I thought it'd be time to get the hall rolling on this thread.

Anyways, after looking I'd like to say congratulations! Our two winners are as below:

First Place: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9512039#9512039

Second Place: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9511379#9511379

Congrats you guys! I'll have your prizes out shortly! 8D

Back